The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

what a card!!!

and yes, Rampage did win that fight. he won the first two rounds, pushed the pace and was the aggressor. machida is lucky he slipped out of that slam in the 3rd aswell, could have been a KO or scored even worse. i don't know who's gonna be next for rampage, cause dana just said in press conference that there's no chance for a rematch. props to rampage for coming out to the PRIDE theme too :lol:

BJ came in and did work, exactly what I wanted to see. I picked Hughes just off momentum, I didn't think BJ could KO Hughes in 21 seconds though, WOW :o

I disagree with the Rampage win. He was the aggressor? Correct. But I feel like Machida defended and struck when it was needed during the first 2. 3rd round clearly went to Machida; I feel like just because Rampage was the aggressor in the first 2 round doesn't mean that he fought better.

Matt Hughes...wow. Am I the only guy who thought his speech after the fight was building to retirement? He looked at his trainers after the fight and you could clearly see him mouth the words, "What happened?" I really wish that fight would've gone longer.

what a card!!!

and yes, Rampage did win that fight. he won the first two rounds, pushed the pace and was the aggressor. machida is lucky he slipped out of that slam in the 3rd aswell, could have been a KO or scored even worse. i don't know who's gonna be next for rampage, cause dana just said in press conference that there's no chance for a rematch. props to rampage for coming out to the PRIDE theme too :lol:

BJ came in and did work, exactly what I wanted to see. I picked Hughes just off momentum, I didn't think BJ could KO Hughes in 21 seconds though, WOW :o

I disagree with the Rampage win. He was the aggressor? Correct. But I feel like Machida defended and struck when it was needed during the first 2. 3rd round clearly went to Machida; I feel like just because Rampage was the aggressor in the first 2 round doesn't mean that he fought better.

Matt Hughes...wow. Am I the only guy who thought his speech after the fight was building to retirement? He looked at his trainers after the fight and you could clearly see him mouth the words, "What happened?" I really wish that fight would've gone longer.

Sometimes it just doesn't matter how well you prepare. If you get hit by that one shot it can be all over.

favorite entrances?

chris leben is one of my favorite fighters, hes got some issues but dude is a warrior.

as much as i love me some sexy, i loved this intro, loved the fight and im glad he won the fight

leben vs. akiyama ufc 116

Edited by Jackie Moon

haha.

ok another genius idea from jackie moon (not really)

remember carwin vs. lesnar they had the big ass gloves as a promotional thing? you saw before the fight lots of people in the stands wearing these "hulk inspired" gloves.

well if / when he gets his title shot, they gotta do something similar here

50501_227880428470_4043902_n.jpg

im working my way through all the seasons of TUF (first season i watched live was 10). im on three right now. i am loving this show. i like the social / training side more than the actual fights. they are usually sloppy and a bit mismatched. but anyways, i have two comments to make.

1.i was trying really hard to avoid spoilers but mike goldberg is a twat. i guess its my fault for watching ufcs/being late but jesus every ppv ive watched has spoilers. i re-watched the lesnar / carwin fight the other day and immediately after it goes to prelims:

cue graphic

"season 3 ultimate fighter winner kendall grove takes on...." - mike goldberg

"COCKSUCKER" - jackie moon

2. on season 3, josh haynes is 5'9 and 205lbs, prior to his fight against Tait he mentioned he used to weigh 330lbs, decided to change and that led him to MMA training.

thats fucking awesome. good idea too. ive been considering some sort of martial arts just for the training aspect. i have zero interest in competition, im way to pretty for that. im not even sure the nova scotia athletic commission would allow it. there would probably be some sort of UN veto.

(i think the sheer confidence / cockiness of the fighters is wearing off on me.

the difference - im a keyboard warrior, they are real warriors.

i am the seth petruzelli of the internets.)

Edited by Jackie Moon

Koscheck may be a terrible coach, but Nam Phan may just win it for him...

on the forums people are saying he is playing the nice guy for the cameras. apparently he is a bit of a dick. i can see that. anyone see him on aftermath? more specifically, anyone see his shoes on aftermath?

anyone but nam in season 12.

on the forums people are saying he is playing the nice guy for the cameras. apparently he is a bit of a dick. i can see that. anyone see him on aftermath? more specifically, anyone see his shoes on aftermath?

im watching the most recent episode and it seems most guys in the house agree with this ^

Edited by Jackie Moon

My favourite:

i just watched this season over the weekend.

my long awaited thoughts

i thought it was obvious from the very first incident that junie was trying to get kicked off the show. especially when he freaked out in training because kaplan caught him in a guillotine.the guys coming into the show have obviously had some small time success so i think they sometimes come in feeling really big but being in that environment, with 15 legit fighters, it puts things in perspective and probably scared him. there has to be a lot of second guessing. dana was exactly right, its easier to get kicked off than to be beat off (tee hee hee)

i thought nogueira was adorable. i was unimpressed with the way the blue team treated him when he approached them regarding the pranks. i think they should have shown him more respect even if they didnt agree with him, it was clear he meant well. was glad to see krzysztof beat after that. i also liked frank. i thought he was hilarious during the fights. during the first episode in the prelim fights "WAIT UNTIL THERES 10 SECONDS LEFT THEN BREAK HIS ARM!" to some kid he doesn't even know. thats a gamer. "all day long".

the hugging guy was hilarious. i loled so hard 1.during the prelims frank goes to nogueira "you guys will get along great.." (nogueira: "i like hugs too") 2.when nogueira picked him and he hugged him eyes closed, dana laughs. that was great. also just before his fight guys around the house talking to roop "you're not really going to hit john are you? thats mean"

the peeing in your own food thing is straight out of the jackie moon playbook. i peed in my fruitopia in 2nd year. unfortunately it was unsuccessful.

another good play - add green food coloring to your milk to discourage scavengers.

you're welcome.

p.s. new zealand - wellington.

the cody mckenzie fight made me lol. his interview was good too.

felt bad for wilkinson tho, he was near / in tears. nice guy.

i like the show because even if you dont win, its really just a stage to get some exposure. winning gets you a contract, but you can lose and still come out the winner. its all about what you learn and where you go from there.

That Nam Pham decision was baffling... the worst i've ever seen.

No fucking doubt!!! That was the definition of robbery. Even Dana gave Nam the winners bonus for the fight, he knew Nam was brutally robbed. I don't even see how the decision was split, it should have been unanimous.