The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

As much as I like Rampage (I was thrilled to see him whip Chuck AGAIN!), I think Henderson is going to leave the Octagon with 3 belts.

Has it been confirmed that the belts are actually on the line? I can remember Dana saying before that it wouldnt be a title fight but it might have been changed.

Also, UFC have released Renato “Babalu” Sobral for what he did to Heath the other night. Even though Babulu was one of my favourite fighters, releasing him was the right thing to do imo. For those of you who don't know.. during the fight, Babalu sunk-in a fight-ending anaconda choke on a bloodied and beaten Heath in the second round. Heath tapped, but Sobral didn’t relent despite verbal and physical commands from the referee in charge of the action.

MMA= boring, to me.

Half the time, they are on the ground with one pinned down trying to get out. They will stay down in the same fucking position for 5 minutes with barely any visible movement with one guy's crotch in the other's face.

Not my idea of entertainment.

Now kickboxing, I like.

As much as I like Rampage (I was thrilled to see him whip Chuck AGAIN!), I think Henderson is going to leave the Octagon with 3 belts.

Has it been confirmed that the belts are actually on the line? I can remember Dana saying before that it wouldnt be a title fight but it might have been changed.

Also, UFC have released Renato “Babalu” Sobral for what he did to Heath the other night. Even though Babulu was one of my favourite fighters, releasing him was the right thing to do imo. For those of you who don't know.. during the fight, Babalu sunk-in a fight-ending anaconda choke on a bloodied and beaten Heath in the second round. Heath tapped, but Sobral didn’t relent despite verbal and physical commands from the referee in charge of the action.

They've said that the Rampage vs. Henderson fight is a title unification fight. That's what they said on the PPV the other night, and that's how they've been promoting it on Spike TV.

I had a feeling they'd release Babalu after that very unsportsmanlike behaviour.He also has to give up half of his winnings to pay the fine imposed on him (25 grand). I'm sure i read that Babalu had some trouble with the law just a few weeks back too. The UFC doesn't need guys like that around, IMO.

I hear Shawn Sherk may be stripped of his title. Both he and Hermes Franca tested positive for roids after their fight. Franca has been suspended for 1 year, but will be allowed to work as a corner man. Sherk is appealing his test saying it has to be a mistake.

Randy Broke his arm during that fight?

Yeah, He sustained a "nightstick fracture" of his left forearm.

Oh, ok. Not that bad, but they still hurt like a bitch. I could only imagine what it's got to feel like to fight like that.

August 31st Tagg Radio has heard from a very reliable source in Fedor's camp that the UFC has offered Fedor Emelianenko two million dollars per fight for four fights. Fedor's deal will also allow him to fight in Russia. Emelianenko's camp is on their way back to Russia to as we speak to hopefully seal the deal.

rock3

2 MIL. a fight! Randy only got 250,000 for his last fight.....WOW!

Edited by bkriley

MMA= boring, to me.

Half the time, they are on the ground with one pinned down trying to get out. They will stay down in the same fucking position for 5 minutes with barely any visible movement with one guy's crotch in the other's face.

Not my idea of entertainment.

Now kickboxing, I like.

Many people who don't have any understanding of grappling feel that way. There is a lot of strategy involved in grappling and I think if you spent a little time getting to know a little more about it, you would get more enjoyment out of watching it.

August 31st Tagg Radio has heard from a very reliable source in Fedor's camp that the UFC has offered Fedor Emelianenko two million dollars per fight for four fights. Fedor's deal will also allow him to fight in Russia. Emelianenko's camp is on their way back to Russia to as we speak to hopefully seal the deal.

rock3

That is AWESOME!!! Fedor will fucking destroy anyone they put in front of him.

rock3

That is AWESOME!!! Fedor will fucking destroy anyone they put in front of him.

What weight class is he in?, what are his strengths and weaknesses?, ive never heard much about him.

Apparantly the Fedor talks didnt go so well.. Quote from Dana:

“I don’t like to talk about contract negotiations with the public — but it didn’t go well. These guys are crazy.”

@ GOAB: Fedor is considered by many to be the greatest fighter in the world. I think his proffesional record atm is 27 wins, one loss and one no contest. The one loss was due to a cut and the no contest was because of an accidental headbut

Rampage is still the champ! I thought he'd lose, but i'm glad i was wrong.

I want to see a rematch between Bisping and Hamill. I think Hamill should've won that fight.

Did anyone happen to hear Joe Rogan mention Brock Lesnar coming in as a heavyweight contender? I can't wait to see what Brock can do in the UFC. I just hope they give him time to develop as a fighter.

Mirko Filipovic (Cro Cop) has not been impressive at all in the UFC. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him for awhile.

Hamill was robbed. I could see Bisping lose a lot of his popularity now after celebrating like a prick in the ring after such a ridiculous decision. Cro Cop's only got one fight left on his contract and he's already said he's retiring after it so I'd say he's finished.

Marcus Davis vs Paul Taylor was absolutely brilliant. Amazing comeback from Davis and a great decision from the ref to let the fight continue. Plus Housten Alexander proves again that he's an absolute animal :xmasssanta: Can't wait for this guys next fight.

Despite an official anouncement about Fedor it seems fairly promising that he'll fight in the UFC sometime soon, as Joe and Mike talked about him continuously through Rampage - Henderson.

I love Bisbing but for me he did nothing to win the fight, Hammill mauled him time and time again.He couldn't cope with the strength or the fact that Hammill kept coming like the terminator.

I enjoyed the Rampage fight, even against Henerson who is a very dangerous fighter he looked better than when he fought Chuck.He was more composed, i know the Chuck fight didn't last long but in this fight we got to see the way he approaches apponents.

What is the deal with Brock?

Is he with the UFC and training with a MMA team or is this a gimic?

I came into this fight as a Bisping fan, but not afterwards. Like GOAB said, the dude got mauled for 2.5 rounds and won .5 of the 3rd round. Then he starts mouthing off like a jerk after the fight, telling Hamill to "Go back to wrestling", rather than showing some humility. Hamill showed a lot more class despite the fact that he got ROBBED!

Must admit, Rampage looked impressive against Hendo. His post-fight interview was HILARIOUS!

Dana Whites mission is to turn MMA into the biggest sport on earth ( maybe combat sport is more realistic ) and based on fighters coming to the UFC, the next few years are going to see MMA explode, just glad i was in on the ground floor

it's going to be years before mma becomes a household name. a lot of people don't even know what the mma is. there fore mma has got a lot of growing to do.

Dana Whites mission is to turn MMA into the biggest sport on earth ( maybe combat sport is more realistic ) and based on fighters coming to the UFC, the next few years are going to see MMA explode, just glad i was in on the ground floor

it's going to be years before mma becomes a household name. a lot of people don't even know what the mma is. there fore mma has got a lot of growing to do.

If think its going to happen sooner than people think, the fighters they are bringing in mean there will be very few easy fights, that alone makes things more exciting.

• 4 months later...