The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

I was upset that Jon "War Machine" Koppenhaver lost on the undercard.

I was a Koppenhaver fan until I took a look at his blog... the guys a nut. Apparantly he wants to die in a knife fight in the Phillipines :lol:

From WarMachineMMA:

"So I have pretty much decided that in the next couple of years I am gonna move somewhere LESS CIVILIZED. After all, civilization and LAWS are in place to protect the WEAK anyway. Me being the Alpha Male, Spartan, SAVAGE that I am...I see no need for this type of B.S.

I don't go around looking for trouble and am in no way a bully. Actually if it were my way I would never have fights outside the ring, just train all day and fuck all night...lol

But when someone needs to be smashed or KILLED I would be more than happy to do it. Like for instance the other night...I was minding my business walking down the street and three drunk guys and two chicks walk by me and talk shit to me. Making fun of my haircut or some lame shit. Instinctively I want to smash their faces in, I mean that's what they deserve and what nature calls for. But instead I have to let their gf's make excuses for them so I do nothing and let these hooray for tolerance!s feel tough for a night.

Why should I have to be less of a man to protect the rights and lives of lesser men?

Why if I smash all three of their faces do I get arrested and prosecuted and no one asks them WHY THE FUCK THEY WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HARASS ME IN THE FIRST PLACE!?

As you all know I got in big trouble earlier this year for a similiar situation. Same type of thing. I was minding my business and some drunk dude talked shit and I terrorized him. Long story short and 20 grand later I ended up with probation and community service but was warned by the judge that a repeat would earn me prison time. So basically I am now walking on egg shells.

So the plan is to move to the Philippines in the next two years. There the money I make in the UFC will make me very wealthy and there I will not have to hold back when someone deserves to get smashed.

I wont have to be less of a man in order to prevent getting in trouble with the "law"

I will be able to live my life how I want and deserve to live. I will train all day and fuck all night. Maybe one day I will find a wife, if not it's okay. I will bring my boxing coach and my jiu-jitsu coach with me. Build a team from scratch...this will be a great life. Hopefully before I am 55 I will die in a knife fight outside of some bar. Avoiding the midlife crisis all together.

This is the life of an Alpha Male like me. We are not supposed to grow old and wait around to die. We are supposed to fight, kill and fornicate. Tempt fate more and more with each passing year...and just as we start to become weaker and older a younger Alpha kills us and takes our place.

Yes, this is what I want, this is what I WILL have.

WM "

Anyone watch the Kimbo Slice fight last nite?

I caught some throughtout the nite.

Its on Youtube.....here are the links.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Y5FWEDwT8...feature=related

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfiaXDBfNCc

My thoughts:

I just watched the whole fight on Youtube.

No way Slice won this fight!! He was totally dominted in the first round and most of the second.

I even thought he "tapped out" once.

So whats the rule does anyone know? If you show blood the match is over?

Thats kinda shitty, if so, because if I was scoring this using a point system (similiar to boxing)....it wouldn't have even been close.

Slice lost this fight.

Edited by SunnyDRE

It is scored on hits iirc, but only if it goes through all three rounds to decide a winner by judges decision.

The blood rule doesn't exist, only if you're deemed unable to continue. But Slice won by the TKO, caused a cauliflower ear on Johnson apparently. Watching the brawl now.

The Kimbo Slice fight was a disgrace. All the judges had Thompson well ahead on points before the stoppage.

If Slice had've been beaten by a handpicked opponent and exposed as nothing more than a street fighter with no real MMA skills then Elite XC wouldn't have much of a future. No way should that fight have been stopped.

The whole card was full of premature stoppages. I'm guessing its more than likely because CBS doesn't want its viewers watching people get hurt. If this is the case then MMA definitely doesn't belong on Network Televison. These are fights and people get hurt in fights. If you’re not willing to live with that, then don’t put the sport on your channel.

The Kimbo Slice fight was a disgrace. All the judges had Thompson well ahead on points before the stoppage.

If Slice had've been beaten by a handpicked opponent and exposed as nothing more than a street fighter with no real MMA skills then Elite XC wouldn't have much of a future. No way should that fight have been stopped.

The whole card was full of premature stoppages. I'm guessing its more than likely because CBS doesn't want its viewers watching people get hurt. If this is the case then MMA definitely doesn't belong on Network Televison. These are fights and people get hurt in fights. If you’re not willing to live with that, then don’t put the sport on your channel.

I think it had more to do with CBS, not wanting their "Poster" boy to lose.

Anyone else notice all the "breakaways", when Thompson was killing Kimbo?

I want go as far as call a fix, but damn......if you ever could make a case for one.

I think it had more to do with CBS, not wanting their "Poster" boy to lose.

Exactly. The fact that they have Kimbo as a main eventer ahead of a title fight is ridiculous anyway. The guy's fought three professional bouts. Put him in against any of he top heavyweights in the UFC and i'm pretty sure they would hammer him. Hell, put him in against the likes of Eddie Sanchez, one of the lowest ranking heavyweights, and I would still bet against him.

EliteXC is quickly becoming a joke. I wouldnt go as far as saying it's rigged either, but it wouldnt surprise me if Gary Shaw had a word with the referee before the fight.

Kimbo was really pushed to the limit last night. At one point I thought the ref was going to stop the fight when Thompson was throwing those elbow shots on top. Even though it sort of looked as if Kimbo tapped, he didn't he was giving a thumbs up to the ref to show he was alright in that choke Thompson had on him. I don't think the fight was stopped prematurely because not only did Thompsons' ear explode and bleed like hell but he was rocked badly by Kimbo and he was so out of it he even pushed the ref.

I wouldn't call that a premature stoppage. Haven't you seen the replays after those shots Kimbo gave Thompson? He was glazed over, man. One more punch and Thompson would've been unconscious. That poke to the eye thing was bullshit though.

I wouldn't call that a premature stoppage. Haven't you seen the replays after those shots Kimbo gave Thompson? He was glazed over, man. One more punch and Thompson would've been unconscious. That poke to the eye thing was bullshit though.

I think it was premature. Why don't they have a medical staff there to clean his ear up? Boxing does.

As anyone can clearly see....Thompson was ready to finish the round.

And I don't believe, Thompson was about to go down at all.......and if you say that; There were a couple times were Kimbo look liked, "one more punch, he's done."

Also, not only the poke in the eye, dude; but Kimbo hit him in the back the head a couple of times..................I ain't a Kimbo hater, in fact I won a stupid $20 dollars on the fight.

Its just left a bad taste in my mouth...............I hate to admit it; But I think the other guy was hoosed.

Edited by SunnyDRE

I think it was premature. Why don't they have a medical staff there to clean his ear up? Boxing does.

As anyone can clearly see....Thompson was ready to finish the round.

And I don't believe, Thompson was about to go down at all.......and if you say that; There were a couple times were Kimbo look liked, "one more punch, he's done."

Also, not only the poke in the eye, dude; but Kimbo hit him in the back the head a couple of times..................I ain't a Kimbo hater, in fact I won a stupid $20 dollars on the fight.

Its just left a bad taste in my mouth...............I hate to admit it; But I think the other guy was hoosed.

I mean the middleweight title fight, not Kimbo poking in the eye. I think the headbutt was ruled unintentional, whether it was or not, that was the ruling, but seriously, Thompson took a shot at the ref when the fight was stopped That, to me, says that he was fucking out of it. Kimbo didn't capitalize on some openings that he should've if he had gotten that "one more punch" as I said, it would've easily been a knockout. Thompson's eyes were glazed over for half the match. Kimbo REALLY needs to work on his stamina, he looked like he was going to die in that second round.

As far as the other night goes, my main source of upset came on the undercard when "The New York Badass" Phil Baroni lost. Love that guy.

Anybody going to watch the Urijah Faber/Jenz Pulver fight tonight? I'm here in Sacramento but do not have tickets. I went to the weigh-ins yesterday and met Clay Guida. AWESOME, awesome guy. Total class act. Nice as they come. Really hope he does well in MMA.

Go FABER!

Kimbo was really pushed to the limit last night. At one point I thought the ref was going to stop the fight when Thompson was throwing those elbow shots on top. Even though it sort of looked as if Kimbo tapped, he didn't he was giving a thumbs up to the ref to show he was alright in that choke Thompson had on him. I don't think the fight was stopped prematurely because not only did Thompsons' ear explode and bleed like hell but he was rocked badly by Kimbo and he was so out of it he even pushed the ref.

He should be fined for that shit I think.

They do, they have medical teams on hand - as well as his team's medics.

But, he's developed "cauliflower ear" - basically, where the cartiledge seperates from the rest of it, and he's ruptured an ear drum - that's supposed to be permanent, and so from that perspective, it was a sound early stoppage.

And Thompson will probably argue it was in anger - hitting the ref - as opposed to him being out of it. Combo of the two methinks.

The whole Elite card was rubbish. Every heavyweight in the UFC or WEC would have Kimbo tapping in the 1st round. His ground game is nonexistant. He leaves his arms open to 10 varieties of armbars or kamuras. If Thompson had ANY jui-jitsu skills he would have had Kimbo in a triangle and put him to sleep in seconds after going to the ground.

The WEC card on Sunday was awesome! Faber was so fucking quick against Pulver. Miguel Torres looked pretty good against a tough opponenet. The contrast between the Elite fisco and the WEC production was stark!

I went to the weigh-ins yesterday and met Clay Guida. AWESOME, awesome guy. Total class act. Nice as they come. Really hope he does well in MMA.

Met him at the UFC 82 weigh ins in Belfast as well. Fantastic guy. Always an exciting fighter to watch.

Dana White, "What Happened on CBS was Horrendous":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4586aWw5xyw...//mmamania.com/

I agree. Got home from work in time to watch it, Kimbo was gettin' beat hard i'll admit. But every punch kimbo hit thompson with hurt him, thats why he kept taking it to the ground, he knew was gonna get beat if he went toe to toe.

No one should say bout kimbo having no ground work, there are a few others in the UFC who are the same, no ground work.

I agree. Got home from work in time to watch it, Kimbo was gettin' beat hard i'll admit. But every punch kimbo hit thompson with hurt him, thats why he kept taking it to the ground, he knew was gonna get beat if he went toe to toe.

No one should say bout kimbo having no ground work, there are a few others in the UFC who are the same, no ground work.

Really? Name them, smart guy. Kimbo and that tomato can, Thompson are jokes, circus acts. Neither would last ONE round against Couture, Arlovsky, Vera, Sylvia, Fedor, Gonzaga, Werdum, Herring, Mir, etc. Hell, they'd get destroyed by any of the UFC Light Heavyweights!

Really? Name them, smart guy. Kimbo and that tomato can, Thompson are jokes, circus acts. Neither would last ONE round against Couture, Arlovsky, Vera, Sylvia, Fedor, Gonzaga, Werdum, Herring, Mir, etc. Hell, they'd get destroyed by any of the UFC Light Heavyweights!

your naming people that can fight on the ground. don't get me wrong, I like the UFC better then anyone else, Im just stating that there are a few peole in the UFC that aren't that great on the ground. Kimbo and thompson aren't that great, Im just saying that their ground work is no better then some others i've seen in the UFC. watch some of the Fight Nights, some of the newer people ha ve ground work dude.

your naming people that can fight on the ground. don't get me wrong, I like the UFC better then anyone else, Im just stating that there are a few peole in the UFC that aren't that great on the ground. Kimbo and thompson aren't that great, Im just saying that their ground work is no better then some others i've seen in the UFC. watch some of the Fight Nights, some of the newer people ha ve ground work dude.

I think the bigger cause for concern is two of the main fighters in a promotion, really don't.

And for the record, Thompson is schooled in ju-jitsu and muay-thai - so I don't know what the hell he was playing at without attempting a triangle.

I think we're in agreement about Kimbo/Thompson.... but I don't know who you're talking about in the UFC that can't compete on the ground. Even the bottom of the heavyweight totem pole can defend on the ground. They may not have world-class jit skills, but they can compete on the ground.

I wouldn't call that a premature stoppage. Haven't you seen the replays after those shots Kimbo gave Thompson? He was glazed over, man. One more punch and Thompson would've been unconscious.

Bullshit. Kimbo took 71 consecutive unanswered blows from 1:20 until the end of round 2 and the ref didn't stop it. Thompson took 5 or 6 and he stepped in right away.

Seemed that everyone was doing their part to make sure that Kimbo walked away with a victory, including one of the judges...

elitexc-kimbo-judgescard.jpg

If EliteXC had any credibility left its just been destroyed. No way in hell could a judge legitimately score that round in Kimbos favour.