The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

fuck i cant wait till ufc 91 BROCK LESNAR VS RANDY COUTURE!!!!!!! gonna be a fuckin sick fight, lesnar is gonna fuckin slaughter him!!!

If Lesnar can't beat a much older, smaller man there's something wrong with him.

Remember, experience plays a part in fighting. Brock needs to learn submissions and how to avoid getting caught in submissions. The way I see it, the only chance Brock has of winning is to land a big solid shot on Randy. I think the end will be much like when he fought Mir- he'll get caught & get submitted. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see Brock win the title. I just don't think he's quite ready yet.

I heard about that WTF happened?

Nothing is confirmed yet on how he passed, but they found his body today.

UFC have confirmed it.

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=14429

While terribly tragic and entirely premature, it’s perhaps a poetic end for one of the most eccentric fighters the sport has ever known.

Rest in peace, Evan.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the new mag fight sport, the worlds number 1 MMA mag, very good with results and news from all major promotions, issue one is on sale now in all good news agents.

Anybody in the UK should check it out.

A recent rumour i heard was that Titto has gone cap in hand to Dana, rumour has it many promotions have turned him down due to the demands and their estimated value of him as a fighter, Dana has agreed to take Tito back following a public apology for all comments about him and the UFC........... just a rumour though :lol:

Just bought the new mag fight sport, the worlds number 1 MMA mag, very good with results and news from all major promotions, issue one is on sale now in all good news agents.

Nice mate, how much is it? Worth the buy you think?

I just ordered a pair of fight gloves and shorts btw - start properly in about two weeks :]

A recent rumour i heard was that Titto has gone cap in hand to Dana, rumour has it many promotions have turned him down due to the demands and their estimated value of him as a fighter, Dana has agreed to take Tito back following a public apology for all comments about him and the UFC........... just a rumour though :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me - although he surely must be big in Japan?

Just as a headsup for our American buddies - apparently, Tapout has extended their free shipping (domestically) for a bit longer from their online story. Highly recco'd!

I just ordered a pair of fight gloves and shorts btw - start properly in about two weeks :]

Just as a headsup for our American buddies - apparently, Tapout has extended their free shipping (domestically) for a bit longer from their online story. Highly recco'd!

£3.75 and its worth every penny mate, only once a month as well.

Glad to here your taking the bull by the horns as it were, also Setanta have a weekly UFC session for news, last night it was a live interview with bisbing and rampage, really funny stuff they also mention ( actually admit ) the TUF9 and that they will be captains of a US Vs UK show for TUF 9, if anybody missed it im sure its torrented somewhere.

As for Tito im sure he's valuing himself as a champion and he's sadly not in that bracket just now, he had serious negotiations with Affliction but they backed out over money, not sure about Japan, the problem is that the UFC is buying lots of promotions so the market for Tito is getting smaller, they just purches

IFL and rumour has it they are keen on buying more rivals.

£3.75 and its worth every penny mate, only once a month as well.

Glad to here your taking the bull by the horns as it were, also Setanta have a weekly UFC session for news, last night it was a live interview with bisbing and rampage, really funny stuff they also mention ( actually admit ) the TUF9 and that they will be captains of a US Vs UK show for TUF 9, if anybody missed it im sure its torrented somewhere.

As for Tito im sure he's valuing himself as a champion and he's sadly not in that bracket just now, he had serious negotiations with Affliction but they backed out over money, not sure about Japan, the problem is that the UFC is buying lots of promotions so the market for Tito is getting smaller, they just purches

IFL and rumour has it they are keen on buying more rivals.

I'm going to try and pick it up tomorrow - thanks for the headsup!

It'll be an experience, pretty excited - will keep y'all informed. I actually saw some of that at the pub last night - alas, sound was off. Still, looked good! UK/US will be brilliant, both are great fighters, and Rampage speaks so favourably of Bisping and the Wolflair - good news for us really!

Well, IFL went bankrupt didn't it? They took all their talent and such - seems logical. As there become fewer promotions... he'll have to eventualy. If he sorts himself out, he'll be up there once more.

The Mag looks great GOAB, flicked through it, hope to pick it up this weekend.

Does anyone know if the Elite XC Shamrock/Slice match will be aired in the UK?

Not sure, but im happy to see Arlovski is going to be on the card.

I do like watching Arlovski fight - that and the Shamrock/Slice are the main two I'm looking forward to on that card.

I'll be rooting for Shamrock, although this might be his last chance.

The Mag looks great GOAB, flicked through it, hope to pick it up this weekend.

Does anyone know if the Elite XC Shamrock/Slice match will be aired in the UK?

Not sure, but im happy to see Arlovski is going to be on the card.

I do like watching Arlovski fight - that and the Shamrock/Slice are the main two I'm looking forward to on that card.

I'll be rooting for Shamrock, although this might be his last chance.

Shogun's brother is also on the card, should be interesting.

EliteXC “Heat” Weigh-in Results

Kimbo Slice (234.5) vs. Ken Shamrock (206.5)

Jake Shields (169.75) vs. Paul Daley (170)

Andrei Arlovski (240.75) vs. Roy Nelson (262.75)

Gina Carano (141) vs. Kelly Kobald (141)

Murilo "Ninja" Rua (185) vs. Benji Radach (185)

Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (148.5) vs. Yoko Takahashi (148.5)

James Edson Berto (157.75) vs. Conor Heun (160.75)

Aaron Rosa (204.75) vs. Seth Petruzelli (205.5)

Mickey Gomez (170.25) vs. Lorenzo Borgomeo (170.25)

David Gomez (138.75) vs. Bryan Hamade (138.75)

Jorge Boechat (159.5) vs. Nicolae Cury (161.25)

Credit to Sherdog.com

Slice has like 30 pounds on Ken >.<

But, I do think Ken is looking better than ever, and I'll be praying for him like.

Better than ever? The old Shamrock would have destroyed Kimbo, but I think that he is washed up. I really don't follow MMA, but even I know that he has lost something like his last 4-5 fights. As for Kimbo, I think that he is going to spend his career beating up fat old has-beens until he gets beaten and then his "myth" will be gone.

Better than ever? The old Shamrock would have destroyed Kimbo, but I think that he is washed up. I really don't follow MMA, but even I know that he has lost something like his last 4-5 fights. As for Kimbo, I think that he is going to spend his career beating up fat old has-beens until he gets beaten and then his "myth" will be gone.

Well, Shamrock's said it himself - all his old injuries are supposedly healed - and looking at the dude, he actually looks healthy. Which is more than he's been in a LONG time.

I do agree mind, Shamrock of yesteryear would've demolished him - I think he can take Kimbo, if he plays HIS game, takes it down to the mat, wrestles him down, submits him. Standup, possible - but he ain't as strong or as well conditioned.

He's won 2 in the last 10 IIRC, which - is pretty poor going! But equally, is VERY experienced ... he does bring that to the table. I hope he sorts himself out.

Kimbo should take on Butterbean - would love to see that. But that is true, he isn't getting credit because he's not fighting worthy oppoents. Aside from Thompson, but that was a controversial win imho.

I just want Shamrock to turn it round and hopefully - win, and then walk away.

I'd like to see how Kimbo did against someone of Cro Cop's ilk - we're talking a predominate kicker/kickboxer - it'd be interesting to see how he would deal with it. His wrestling thus far doesn't appear to be of someone who could catch say a kick, and then slam the dude - so, perhaps that's why that is thus far being avoided. Might be good for Cro Cop to get back to kicking asses.

Arlovski is fighting in EliteXC now? I thought he was with Affliction?

I hope Shamrock can pull out a miracle and make Kimbo tap out. He's got to take the fight to the ground!

Kimbo is a 1 trick pony,imo. The last fight I saw him in was his first fight that actually went 3 rounds, and the fucker was so winded he could barely speak, and his trainers practically had to carry him out of the cage. His conditioning is shit. Put him in there with someone like Arlovski, Couture, Cro Cop, or Lesnar and I'd almost guarantee that Kimbo would get his ass handed to him.

Arlovski is fighting in EliteXC now? I thought he was with Affliction?

They're all subsidary companies.

I hope Shamrock can pull out a miracle and make Kimbo tap out. He's got to take the fight to the ground!

Here's hoping!

Kimbo is a 1 trick pony,imo. The last fight I saw him in was his first fight that actually went 3 rounds, and the fucker was so winded he could barely speak, and his trainers practically had to carry him out of the cage. His conditioning is shit. Put him in there with someone like Arlovski, Couture, Cro Cop, or Lesnar and I'd almost guarantee that Kimbo would get his ass handed to him.

I agree - he said he's improve - lets see if he has.

Is Lesnar actually any good? I remember hearing that he quit Wrestling and tried out for American Football but was rubbish. How/why did he end up in MMA, and what is he like?

He's got great ground and pound, physically - well conditioned, great standup with excellent take down ability. Hasn't yet perfected his submission or defensive ground game, because he hasn't HAD to. Would be good to test that.

He wanted to prove he was a real fighter, hence the big challenges - and some decent success. He's good, but clearly a rookie - if he works hard and keeps improving, he could go very far. Will take a few years mind.

A bit off topic i guess but i was just watching season 6 of OZ and Matt Lindland had a cameo as a guard.

Personally i haven't seen a great deal of Slice but from what i have seen he doesn't bring anything to MMA, in fact he takes it a few steps back and that's a very bad thing for fans of MMA.Shamrock is not a fighter i have ever liked in part due to my favourite fighter being Tito but also the fact that he has demanded respect rather than earning it through performance, or to put it a better way his attitude.I appreciate he is a pioneer of the sport so perhaps my last comment is a bit askew.

I wish the guy would just call it a day, he was so out of his depth against Tito i can't imagine any fight he has with even a half decent fighter being fair any more.

As for Lesner i was sceptical but the only time he looked even remotely out of his depth was when Mir caught him in the submission, his ground and pound and stamina look great, we know his wrestling is great but his submission defence needs work.

Couture may be too soon, in fact im betting it is