The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

If Ken is smart he will go for the old Mir vs Lesnar finish.

Lets hope for Kens sake that he doesn't start the fight the way Mir did, shit without the submission he was getting smashed

I think he will, that was my point Ken is going to take some punishment standing with Kimbo and then if he's smart/lucky he will pull off a fluke upset via submission.

Lets hope for Kens sake that he doesn't start the fight the way Mir did, shit without the submission he was getting smashed

That's like saying, without the ground and pound, Lesnar was getting smashed. If you have no submission defence and start throwing arms and legs in everwhere you're going to get caught sooner or later. Why do people think a win by submission is a fluke!?

Shamrock can submit him and end this KIMBO IS GOD bullshit that some people seem to be buying.

That's like saying, without the ground and pound, Lesnar was getting smashed. If you have no submission defence and start throwing arms and legs in everwhere you're going to get caught sooner or later. Why do people think a win by submission is a fluke!?

Shamrock can submit him and end this KIMBO IS GOD bullshit that some people seem to be buying.

Im not claiming it was a fluke, but everybody that watched that fight knew if it haddn't been for the submission Mir was fucked, he just couldn't compete with Brocks power.Submissions are part of the game and we all know that, was just pointing it out.

Randy Couture is back with the UFC and he takes on Brock Lesnar for the heavyweight championship in November, it's going to be a great fight. Glad to see Couture make his return and put all that legal shit behind him.

Source

I totally agree - here's a direct link to the article: http://sherdog.com/news/articles/couture-e...say-never-14266

I can't wait :D

Get Sylvia back and I'll be a happy man!

Randy Couture is back with the UFC and he takes on Brock Lesnar for the heavyweight championship in November, it's going to be a great fight. Glad to see Couture make his return and put all that legal shit behind him.

Source

This would be a good fight, I'd love to see it. I DON'T want to see kongo fight Brock. How can people like kongo? The dude's an ass. The last fight he was in, wasn't even that good. It was boring. I'm not saying the dude cant fight, but still.

So, I hope that it is Randy Vs. Brock. It'd be a great fight!

Edited by zeppelinrocksnexttognr

I don't know if Brock is quite ready for a title shot yet. As much as I'd like to see him win, unless his strength, size, and youth end up being too much for Randy, I think Brock will lose.

2009 will be interesting. The winner of Brock vs. Randy facing the winner of Nogueira vs. Mir to crown an "undisputed" champ.

Official Weigh Ins.

Main Event

Rashad Evans (205) vs Chuck Liddell (204)

Matt Hamill (205) vs Rich Franklin (204.5)

Dan Henderson (185) vs Rousimar Palhares (184.5)

Nate Marquardt (185) vs Martin Kampmann (184.5)

Matt Brown (170) vs Dong Hyun Kim (170)

Thiago Tavares (155) vs Kurt Pellegrino (156)

Tim Boetsch (205.25) vs Michael Patt (205.25)

Jason Lambert (185) vs Jason MacDonald (185)

Ryo Chonan (170) vs Roan Carneiro (170)

That knockout was sick!! I can't stand Rashad Evans, but the cocky S.O.B. can obviously back up his cockiness. I'd love to see Dana put him in against Anderson Silva now that Silva is fighting in light-heavyweight as well as middleweight.

That cut above Rich Franklin's eye was NASTY looking! I'd like to see Rich fight @ middleweight again against Dan Henderson.

That knockout was sick!! I can't stand Rashad Evans, but the cocky S.O.B. can obviously back up his cockiness. I'd love to see Dana put him in against Anderson Silva now that Silva is fighting in light-heavyweight as well as middleweight.

That cut above Rich Franklin's eye was NASTY looking! I'd like to see Rich fight @ middleweight again against Dan Henderson.

tat, you say what I'm tihnking all the time!! Haha.

I really dislike Evans, the poignant irony behind that the Iceman was ko'd by what is his trademark. I didn't like Evans showboating, and I was waiting for Chuck to knock him out (even after I'd accidently spoiled it for myself by looking at RickRoses post, forgetting the timezones, doh >< ! ). Chuck probably would've taken it overwise, really dissapointing as I'm a massive Chuck mark. Oh well.

I honestly thought that might garner a doctor stoppage, credit to continuing, and a great fight. Franklin looks hot at 205 again.

Henderson won relatively convincingly, although I thought he might get submitted.

Boetsch sat Patt down in the prelims. They were both large flabby men though, didn't expect too much - but for the half a round it showed, was moderate viewing.

Honestly thought Brown was going to get submitted - credit to him for powering through! I had a feeling Kim would sneak it in the end mind.

I also thought that Marquardt vs. Kampmann was going to go to the judges - how wrong was I? Kamp was rocked HARD.

Shame about Parisyan/Yoshida being cancelled :/