The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

When's Brock's next fight? He hasn't fought his follow up bout since his debut in UFC has he? I'm not a die-hard fan of MMA, just watch it occasionally ;)

Monty

UFC 87 vs. Heath Herring.

I really want Sylvia back - hence why I'm so pumped for him fighting Fedor.

When's Brock's next fight? He hasn't fought his follow up bout since his debut in UFC has he? I'm not a die-hard fan of MMA, just watch it occasionally ;)

Monty

Herring is no mug, that should be a good fight, until the submission he had Mir in so much trouble he was just sloppy and left the leg out there.In some ways its a shame he didn't do this 6 or 7 years ago, just as he gets going it will be coming to an end

I will have to disagree with you on Sylvia though, i just don't think he is up there with the best heavy weights and according to Matt Hughes he is a lazy fucker that nobody in Millitich likes. I guess he's lucky that Hughes is no longer part of Militich.

That being said he made Arlovski look very average which i didnt ever expect to see

Monty

Herring is no mug, that should be a good fight, until the submission he had Mir in so much trouble he was just sloppy and left the leg out there.In some ways its a shame he didn't do this 6 or 7 years ago, just as he gets going it will be coming to an end

I will have to disagree with you on Sylvia though, i just don't think he is up there with the best heavy weights and according to Matt Hughes he is a lazy fucker that nobody in Millitich likes. I guess he's lucky that Hughes is no longer part of Militich.

That being said he made Arlovski look very average which i didnt ever expect to see

I can't believe Brock is that old really - he seems young. Sigh. Babyface I guess.

I really like the guy, I haven't honestly heard that, his regime seems punishing - but then, I guess all people's are. I'm just surprised a guy of like 6'8" is involved in such a sport, and is actually decent. I think he'd be awesome if he was like, Iceman's height. But, Hughes is a working powerhouse, tremendous respect for him.

And hell, just having him back would give the heavyweight division something - at the moment, all seems to be welter/light.

Best way to sum him up for me " He fights to not lose and doesn't fight to win "

Funny thing is he could still appear for the UFC, his contract with Adrenaline/M1 allows him to fight on any promotion as long as he completes his contractual obligations to them first and formost.It might be his height that detracts from his ability but i can't remember a fight other than the Arloski fight where he really went out to win. Still he did win with his style and i wouldn't argue with him :lol:

I can't believe Brock is that old really - he seems young. Sigh. Babyface I guess.

Brock isn't old. He'll be 31 on the 12th of this month. I like Heath Herring, but I hope Brock fucking smashes him.

Here's a couple pics from almost 2 years ago i found. His fist is about the size of my entire head!:

TimSylvia.jpg

Here's 1 of me with Matt Hughes:

MattHughes.jpg

Both were pretty nice guys, but they definately had an arrogance about them. That "my shit doesn't stink" kinda attitude.

Brock isn't old. He'll be 31 on the 12th of this month. I like Heath Herring, but I hope Brock fucking smashes him.

Actually, point - I was thinking more in wrestling terms.

And I hope Brock does, so he can start getting a decent rep - then get squashed later down the line.

Here's a couple pics from almost 2 years ago i found. His fist is about the size of my entire head!:

TimSylvia.jpg

Here's 1 of me with Matt Hughes:

MattHughes.jpg

Both were pretty nice guys, but they definately had an arrogance about them. That "my shit doesn't stink" kinda attitude.

Real awesome pics mate!

• 2 weeks later...
UFC: Silva vs. Irvin - coming up, what's the verdict? I think Silva will trounce Irwin late first/early second, TKO.

Is this on Setanta?

Wow, my 15,000 post >< Jeez... haha.

Its listed as a Setanta event but i can't see it on the listing page.

Silva will win without any trouble, i just can't see anybody troubling his for a while, if Franklin could beat him after two attempts then who can?!

Bisping?

UFC: Silva vs. Irvin - coming up, what's the verdict? I think Silva will trounce Irwin late first/early second, TKO.

Is this on Setanta?

Wow, my 15,000 post >< Jeez... haha.

Its listed as a Setanta event but i can't see it on the listing page.

Silva will win without any trouble, i just can't see anybody troubling his for a while, if Franklin could beat him after two attempts then who can?!

Bisping?

I wish, how sweet would that be? Feed him Matt Hughes first, to go say, two or three rounds to knacker him and lower his confidence, then get the Count to fight him after that maybe? I dunno, Silva is like a machine. I don't think he'd do as well in Lightweight though, but Silva may well surprise us in future.

And :

"QUINTON JACKSON has been arrested for an alleged hit-and-run incident in the O.C."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1429537.ece

Matt Hughes fights at welterweight. A Hughes/Silva fight is highly unlikely.

If Silva ever fights Bisping, I hope he knocks Bisping the fuck out. I can't stand that guy!

While I think Silva will win, Irvin is no slouch.

Did you guys see that on the same card the dude that got booted out of the ultimate finale, Jesse Taylor, is fighting CB Dollaway? Dana must've been in a good mood to give that dude another shot. Doesn't give CB much training time either, since he just lost to Amir a month ago.

Matt Hughes fights at welterweight. A Hughes/Silva fight is highly unlikely.

If Silva ever fights Bisping, I hope he knocks Bisping the fuck out. I can't stand that guy!

While I think Silva will win, Irvin is no slouch.

Did you guys see that on the same card the dude that got booted out of the ultimate finale, Jesse Taylor, is fighting CB Dollaway? Dana must've been in a good mood to give that dude another shot. Doesn't give CB much training time either, since he just lost to Amir a month ago.

Shit, was confusing Middle and Welterweight. My bad.

Dana knows what he's doing, obviously sees something in Dollaway - should be a good fight.

Irvin has been unlucky recently, he won't discredit himself methinks.

For a hastily put together event, I thought it was a decent card!

Rory Markham vs. Brodie Farber - that was immense, Brodie was all over him, then lights out! Awesome.

Burns' win was slightly controvesial

Velasquez, beast.

Franca - poor show, aside from his last flurry.

Vera, unanimous, but a bit of a bore fest.

Ultimately, the Main Event - well, fast eh?! Both that and Fedor/Sylvia were so quick, but awesome!

Rory Markham vs. Brodie Farber - that was immense, Brodie was all over him, then lights out! Awesome.

Velasquez, beast.

Ultimately, the Main Event - well, fast eh?! Both that and Fedor/Sylvia were so quick, but awesome!

James Irvin is no joke and Anderson Silva demolished him!

That was the first time I've seen a Peruvian Necktie in competition. I can't imagine Dolloway catching someone with any real BJJ experience with that move.

The Markham knockout was amazing. Holy shit!

VERY disappointed in Brandon Vera's showing.

Frankie Edgar's a tough guy, but I'm a little surprise he beat Hermes Franca as easily as he did.

The August 9 UFC show is going to be a monster show! I'm actually most excited to see Kenny Florian taking on Roger Huerta.

Velasquez, beast.

James Irvin is no joke and Anderson Silva demolished him!

That was the first time I've seen a Peruvian Necktie in competition. I can't imagine Dolloway catching someone with any real BJJ experience with that move.

The Markham knockout was amazing. Holy shit!

VERY disappointed in Brandon Vera's showing.

Frankie Edgar's a tough guy, but I'm a little surprise he beat Hermes Franca as easily as he did.

The August 9 UFC show is going to be a monster show! I'm actually most excited to see Kenny Florian taking on Roger Huerta.

I honestly thought, Irvin would take him for far longer, and maybe even get a split decision or KO. But Silva, damn - he really is that damn good!

Interesting submission actually, in a decent enough bout. But you have to practically put yourself in that position - and you could see how pissed off Jesse was he set himself up like that afterwards.

Reminded me so much of Gonzaga/Crocop, immense. Out cold!

Vera, was overhyped, imho. That he'd come in an powerhouse everyone... - he's dropped down a lot, and he isn't used to it, and it showed. I guess a solid win, but not what anyone really wanted to see.

Franca, was imho, poor. As if he deliberately lost the first two rounds. Edgar broke out of some good submission attempts though, all credit to him.

And I agree, I wanna see Brock in action again. I'm actually away that weekend, will definately be taping it though!

• 3 weeks later...

Great card I thought. Wasn't really a boring fight on it. Crowd never booed once. My thoughts on it:

- Lost every ounce of respect i've ever had for Brock Lesnar. What he did near the end of the fight and after was completely fucking disrepectful to Heath Herring and he displayed a complete lack of sportsmanship. It was a deliberate attempt to try and humiliate the man. I didn't think it was as an amazing a performance as brock seemed to think it was. The first punch broke Herring right out the gate and most fighters would have had the skills to finish the fight in the position Brock was in. Instead he just lay on him. Plus he's dangeroulsy reckless. After he rocked him with the first punch he just charged at him with his head down, missing Heath's by centimetres. If he had've connected with that the bout would have immediately been ruled a no contest. Then he landed an eye poke in the first round (that caused his eye to swell shut), which for some reason Dan Miragliotta decided not to give Heath the five minutes to recover from. Brock still has a lot of maturing to do.

- Major props to Jon Fitch. Showed incredible heart and a chin reminiscent of Wanderlei's in his fight against chuck. I was never expecting him to beat GSP, but managing to go 5 rounds with him is an achievement in it's own right.

- Kenny Florian showed he's a very intelligent fighter. Was glad to see him win. Huerta's getting a bit too cocky for my liking. Will be interesting to see what they do with him if BJ Penn moves up to fight GSP.

If Brock keeps training hard, he'll only get better. This was only his 3rd professional fight. I'd like to see how well some of you would do in your 3rd fight. I'd like to see Brock vs. Cheick Kongo next. Kongo will probably take it to Brock, but I think it'd be a good fight.

I can't wait for a GSP/Penn fight. That should be a phenomenal fight.

Any thought on Liddell/Evans? My money's on the ice man.

Brock was impressive considering just how new he is to this sport.

Lets not forget before the Mir submission he was smashing the shit out of Mir.

I love GSP but Penn will destroy him, Penn next to Silva is the best pound for pound fighter in the world right now...... imo

Rancid maybe you should stick to topics you have an understanding of!

Brock still looks like he has no clue what he's doing.

Makes you wonder if he even trains any BJJ. He got into dominant positions the whole fight, but that was because of his wrestling skills. He didn't try a single submission move even though he had Herring's back time and again. But that first straight right hand almost crushed Herring's face in!

GSP looked unbeatable against a super tough Jon Fitch. I remember Fitch beating Diego Sanchez pretty handidly. The only way anyone is beating GSP is with a timely knockout(like Serra's lucky ass did) because he does drop his hands.

Kenny Florian is awesome. He picked Huerta apart with very strategic strikes and technical BJJ. BJ Penn will likely destroy him, but he still deserves a shot at the 155 title.

GSP looked unbeatable against a super tough Jon Fitch. I remember Fitch beating Diego Sanchez pretty handidly. The only way anyone is beating GSP is with a timely knockout(like Serra's lucky ass did) because he does drop his hands.

Penn has the beating of him , look how he destroyed Joe Stevens