The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

I know that it isn't always so simple, but Slice went down to a very tame looking punch. I know that it hit him right above the eye, but it really was a wet paper bag kind of jab.

I have to admit i had to watch it several times to even see the defining blow, some times the most tame looking punches can do damage but it really doesn't look like much of a punch at all.

Now this "legend" of Kimbo Slice can be laid to rest. Now he can go back to fighting bums in alleys and posting the shit on youtube, lol. The fucker wouldn't even fight Seth unless he got paid a cash bonus! The whole story is starting to come out now. Apparently EliteXC went to Frank Shamrock about fighting Slice and although he'd have been giving up 45 pounds, Frank was willing to take the fight. CBS said no way (they knew there was a real good chance that Frank would submit Kimbo in the first round). Seth was supposed to fight on the undercard, but agreed to take the fight with Kimbo. Kimbo wouldn't agree to fight anyone unless he got a cash bonus since he would have to fight an opponent he wasn't prepared for.

I'm glad to see that UFC has announced Franklin vs. Henderson for UFC 93 in Dublin. Should be a good fight.

UFC 92 is stacked! Mir vs. Noguiera, Griffin vs. Evans, Rampage vs. Wanderlei Silva. I'll definately be watching that one.

Edited by tat2d1

Atleast Brock is taking on good opponents, not guys 10-15 years past their prime. I don't think he's ready for Couture yet, but we'll find out next month. If Brock loses it'll be because he got caught in a submission, the same way he lost to Mir. Brock's actually got credentials other than street thug too ;)