DJ: "We have the new Guns N' Roses track"

IndiannaRose

/wonders if they have full version of Better or simply the version mixed for the HD ad.

They have NEITHER. It has been CONFIRMED that this is just a fan-remixed version of the demo, sent to the DJ this morning. He said he "stole it." :rofl-lol: IT IS NOT OFFICIAL.

Oh well, there goes another hope, caused by another fan, wasting everybodies time :rolleyes:

Edited by dobadog

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That don't sound like the imsorry remaster :drevil:

That's because the DJ tinkered with it more and added effects apparently. It is definitely just the demo, though, and was sent to him by a forum member. That's where he got it from! The single hasn't been sent to any stations yet.

The guy who sent it to him actually spoke to me, and he definitely doesn't have a studio track or it would be all over the 'net by now.

You may be correct, may also just have been dulled down in the rip.Did the DJ that aired this say Single next week?

Naw, the DJ that said the single is coming next week was from another station. This guy was passing this off as an "exclusive" new song - obviously he knew it was just the demo, though, so he was kinda lying. Especially if he tinkered with it himself. I think the chorus was fooled around with, it sounded like there were more voices.

There' goats, LOTS of GOATS in the commercial! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: I mean, c'mon the commercial is titled ""black SHEEP" :laugh: .............Can't wait till they start playing it everywhere :wub: ...like when I go to Virgin records and it's all over the store, or guitar center! B)

Kannon.

Good to hear the song, even if it is the demo, it can only mean good things since it's got positive repsonses, like the time the crappy IRS leak came out aaaaaaaages ago and managment said they were pleased with the response despite the song leaking.

That's because the DJ tinkered with it more and added effects apparently. It is definitely just the demo, though, and was sent to him by a forum member. That's where he got it from! The single hasn't been sent to any stations yet.

The guy who sent it to him actually spoke to me, and he definitely doesn't have a studio track or it would be all over the 'net by now.

You may be correct, may also just have been dulled down in the rip.Did the DJ that aired this say Single next week?

Naw, the DJ that said the single is coming next week was from another station. This guy was passing this off as an "exclusive" new song - obviously he knew it was just the demo, though, so he was kinda lying. Especially if he tinkered with it himself. I think the chorus was fooled around with, it sounded like there were more voices.

Umm, no. Both DJs were from WCCC The Rock. It could even be the same damn DJ.

:o

Umm, no. Both DJs were from WCCC The Rock. It could even be the same damn DJ.

:o

My mistake, I thought it was another station. :unsure:

Kinda disappointing we didn't hear the genuine article. But after listening to it I am glad because I don't want the final version to sound exactly like the demo. I've listened to the demo a bazillion times by now and this was definitely based on that - with some changes of course. But you can hear that the demo is the foundation of this version - to me there is no doubt about that.

I guess this also still means that we really haven't had official confirmation that Better is the first single. I mean, it sure seems like it will be. And it's a great comeback song for sure. But nothing has happened that proves it. The fact that Harley uses it is pretty good evidence, but remember that their actual website it didn't call the song a single. That was only in their source code, which most people will not see. Could be that they used the word single at first but then changed it when GN'R told them it would not in fact be the first single. Maybe Guns will promote two songs off of Chi Dem right away - Better on the HD ad and the first single (whatever it is).

All I'm saying is that I still think there's an outside chance Better isn't going to be the first single. It probably will be but you never know.

Thoughts?

Edited by KBear

Kinda disappointing we didn't hear the genuine article. But after listening to it I am glad because I don't want the final version to sound exactly like the demo. I've listened to the demo a bazillion times by now and this was definitely based on that - with some changes of course. But you can hear that the demo is the foundation of this version - to me there is no doubt about that.

I guess this also still means that we really haven't had official confirmation that Better is the first single. I mean, it sure seems like it will be. And it's a great comeback song for sure. But nothing has happened that proves it. The fact that Harley uses it is pretty good evidence, but remember that their actual website it didn't call the song a single. That was only in their source code, which most people will not see. Could be that they used the word single at first but then changed it when GN'R told them it would not in fact be the first single. Maybe Guns will promote two songs off of Chi Dem right away - Better on the HD ad and the first single (whatever it is).

All I'm saying is that I still think there's an outside chance Better isn't going to be the first single. It probably will be but you never know.

Thoughts?

The HTML code of the Harley Page did call Better the single, it was posted here in another thread and I saw it myself as well. Don't know if that is sufficient confirmation but I would like to think that the company GNR is partnering with for promotion would know-

Thoughts?

Good points. Axl could just be using 'Better' because it is a leaked song. Maybe he is planning to catch us off guard with another monster tune we've never heard before. Who knows.

Thoughts?

The HTML code of the Harley Page did call Better the single, it was posted here in another thread and I saw it myself as well. Don't know if that is sufficient confirmation but I would like to think that the company GNR is partnering with for promotion would know-

But that's what I'm saying. The code did, the main page did not. People don't tend to read the code. 99% of those who view the HD website will see the word "song", not "single". I think it's possible that HD used "single" at first on the main page, then changed it when they realized it was a mistake. But they didn't bother to change the code because only a handful of people will look at that. Or maybe the main page said "song" all along and the code was wrong, but they either didn't realize it or didn't bother changing it. Again, as long as the main page has the right info that is all most people will see.

My point I guess is that if the front page said "single", and they didn't take this down, then that would pretty much be proof Better is the single. But this isn't the case.

Hopefully that explanation helps, sometimes I just can't phrase things properly. :D

Thoughts?

But that's what I'm saying. The code did, the main page did not. People don't tend to read the code. 99% of those who view the HD website will see the word "song", not "single". I think it's possible that HD used "single" at first on the main page, then changed it when they realized it was a mistake. But they didn't bother to change the code because only a handful of people will look at that. Or maybe the main page said "song" all along and the code was wrong, but they either didn't realize it or didn't bother changing it. Again, as long as the main page has the right info that is all most people will see.

My point I guess is that if the front page said "single", and they didn't take this down, then that would pretty much be proof Better is the single. But this isn't the case.

Hopefully that explanation helps, sometimes I just can't phrase things properly. :D

I understand exactly what you are saying-

But I still think it will be the single. To me it's an obvious choice. Radio friendly and very catchy. I think next week we will find out for sure...hoping! :)