practising guitar

n if so how often do u gotta practise a day n for hour long? whats the longest u ever practised? whats the longest u ever heard of anyone practising?? n what're some easy songs i can start off with?? appreciate anyones help, sorry im always dumpin on this board with like...amateur ass question, u guys seem to know everything :lol:

The longest I ever practised was 4 hours in a row. I usually practise about 15 minutes a day, nothing more.

I've been playing for a while though, I've become pretty good. But I have no fucking stage presence and I'm kinda shy, but I do write the vast majority of the guitar parts in the band I'm in.

Start with some Bob Dylan songs, they're fun and easy to play.

Since I've come to Uni I don't practise anywhere near enough. I used to hit 2 hours a day at least (on most days) because it was one of my favourite things to do and having a lot of friends aspiring to be musicians always helped because we'd go and jam a lot. The most I've ever done is an 8 hour band practise (the place had a book 4 hours, get the second 4 half price offer). Loved it.

My first song on guitar was KOHD, and Day Tripper.

I've been playing since April and practise quite a bit. Or play alot I count playing as practising.

I heard a quote from Slash when he was on Camp freddy radio. I woman asked for his advice on playing and said just to get into the guitar and have fun. That's what I've done and I believe I've improved alot.

Have fun! I play because it's fun for me.

Tbizzle

I've been playing since April and practise quite a bit. Or play alot I count playing as practising.

I heard a quote from Slash when he was on Camp freddy radio. I woman asked for his advice on playing and said just to get into the guitar and have fun. That's what I've done and I believe I've improved alot.

Tbizzle

i heard he practised like 12 hours a day, that can't be true, that means he did nothin but play guitar n sleep.

today i played guitar for around 5-6 hours - not solidly either. stopped for about a 2 hour break inbetween.

it was a lazy sunday at uni with nobody around. i was trying to record something. who would have thought that 7-8 hours of mixing and editing and playing would amount in a rather poor 4 min track? still, you live and learn.

no question with guitar should be thought of as a newbie. sure people are going to be better than you, but remeber the chances are they'll ahve been playing a hell of a lot longer than you. ive only been playing a year now, and my challange is to try and get better than people or to the same level as other people quicker than they got there.

Edited by Paranoid Android

When I was young I used to practice as much as possible- at least 5 hours a day. And by that I mean 5 solid hours of actual practicing- scales, patterns, exercises, ect.

But that was well over a decade ago. These days, I don't actually practice as much as I just jam. If I'm learning a new song, yeah I'll practice that. But other that that, I just play. rock1

I have a concentration problem, so its really hard for me to learn a whole song no matter how much i love that song lol. But i learned my scales and modes ages ago, and i've been learning alot of licks lately. So now all i really do is just jam. I really don't like playing by myself, i love playing with others. Music is something that should be shared hehehe.

But yeah if i was able to sit down and do solid practise i would be much better than i am now, but i jsut cant do that. Anyway not trying to blow my own horn but i think i'm not too bad, i'm fairly confindent with my lead breaks and i would rate myself as a pretty good rythym guitarist.

I have a concentration problem, so its really hard for me to learn a whole song no matter how much i love that song lol. But i learned my scales and modes ages ago, and i've been learning alot of licks lately. So now all i really do is just jam. I really don't like playing by myself, i love playing with others. Music is something that should be shared hehehe.

But yeah if i was able to sit down and do solid practise i would be much better than i am now, but i jsut cant do that. Anyway not trying to blow my own horn but i think i'm not too bad, i'm fairly confindent with my lead breaks and i would rate myself as a pretty good rythym guitarist.

This is my major issue. I like making stuff up and just fiddling around with scales or making up chords or whatever trying to make cool sounding riffs or whatever, but if I try to learn someone elses stuff I get bored and only end up learning chunks of it.

if i had the brains to like...understand stuffs, i have INFINITE patience for music, i could sit n practise for days on ends but like...modes scales its like...the concepts jus dont register in my brain, im really dumb like that i need like...someone to spell it out in really simple fool language :lol:

if i had the brains to like...understand stuffs, i have INFINITE patience for music, i could sit n practise for days on ends but like...modes scales its like...the concepts jus dont register in my brain, im really dumb like that i need like...someone to spell it out in really simple fool language :lol:

Haha, no :fuckyou:

no what, whats ur fuckin problem?!?!

The problem would be you, asshole.

jesus, what did i say to you??

You know very well.

Cut the crap mate, your not funny.

Tbizzle

i heard he practised like 12 hours a day, that can't be true, that means he did nothin but play guitar n sleep.

well, Dimebag did that... but Slash had at least Steven as a friend and more... Dimebag probably had some friends but apparently he never talked to 'em

You know very well.

Cut the crap mate, your not funny.

no i dont, i dont have the slightest clue and im really intrigued, what is that ur pissed about??? :unsure: