GNR Tour Kickoff Show ... 10.24.06 Sunrise Florida USA

Hanoi Rocks

can anyone name a band that was out 20 years ago that is NOT living off thier old songs today? I'm sure there are a couple of bands so please name them....I'm trying to think of some and can't.

Bands like Motley Crue still do. Is that what you want GnR to turn into? Besides, at least Motley Crue is actually made up of the original members who created those old tunes. At least Vince doesn't talk about "brave new musical directions" before playing the old songs.

Other bands? Well, we had heard more than half of Contraband (including the first single) before it was released. Muse played three new tracks (all later released as singles) before their last album was released. Radiohead have played their new unreleased album almost in its entirety during recent shows. Pearl Jam always play new songs and change the setlist drastically from night to night.

Motley Crue??? Have you heard their new music? Nuff said

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They usually played Contraband in it entirety and punctuated the setlist with 3-4 old GnR/STP songs.

Hardly the same thing, is it?

Sheesh.

meh, VR pretty much sucks, they needed some good songs in their set, so they brought in some GN'R ones

I like VR i guess.....they came to my home town last year and I didn't go, nor have I bought any of their albums, but i think they're a good band.....i guess. i would love to hear how weiland sounded trying to cover axl..anyone know where i can hear it?

they covered It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone and Used To Love Her

IMO they all sucked, Scott is a terrible singer, he's all image

can anyone name a band that was out 20 years ago that is NOT living off thier old songs today? I'm sure there are a couple of bands so please name them....I'm trying to think of some and can't.

red hot chili pepperss, green day...

red hot chili pepperss, green day...

green day, lol, talk about sucking now adays

I don't want to steal this person's bandwidth but they posted a pretty cool pic of a poster they bought at the show-

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...64633#msg764633

So I guess that's what you'll use to pay for Chinese Democracy, huh?

Err, what? :question:

I posted the link as to not steal the bandwidth by posting the actual image. :xmassrudolph:

Also, one of the new tour shirts-

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...64652#msg764652

Edited by bandita

This just in:

AXL, IF YOU'RE GOING TO PRETEND THAT THIS IS A "NEW" BAND, AND NOT A FADED RERUN OF PAST GLORIES, THEN DON'T MAKE YOUR CONCERTS CONSIST OF 90% OLD MATERIAL.

I think you've pretty much summed up what most people are thinking. I wish they would drop the fillers such as "Out Ta Get Me" and play new songs instead.

Im sorry but I thought this was a guns n roses forum?

You people who are complaining they didnt play the whole new album would have been pissed if you were there and they didn't play a single song that got you obssesed with them in the first place. So stop acting like a bunch of babies that aren't getting enough personal attention. I'd love to hear lots of new songs too, but considering some of us have waited years to hear them I'd rather feel like the wait was worth it and not have the whole thing spoiled before it's released. If this record comes out and we already had demos/live recordings of all of it you all would be seriously let down. Unless of course you didnt plan on buying it anyway - In which case you should, in the words of axl "Fuck off!"

Im sorry but I thought this was a guns n roses forum?

You people who are complaining they didnt play the whole new album would have been pissed if you were there and they didn't play a single song that got you obssesed with them in the first place. So stop acting like a bunch of babies that aren't getting enough personal attention. I'd love to hear lots of new songs too, but considering some of us have waited years to hear them I'd rather feel like the wait was worth it and not have the whole thing spoiled before it's released. If this record comes out and we already had demos/live recordings of all of it you all would be seriously let down. Unless of course you didnt plan on buying it anyway - In which case you should, in the words of axl "Fuck off!"

So freedom of speech isn't allowed on a Guns N' Roses forum? :rolleyes:

I'm a huge Axl fan but I'm not so far up his ass that I follow him blindly. This is a Guns N' Roses forum and you are free to make constructive negative comments if you wish. Now you're clearly overexaggerating certain members wants by saying they are whining that they didn't play the whole new album. I agree it would be annoying to be at the show and listen to a bunch of songs that you didn't know but no-one has suggested that. People just seem to think that the balance between new and old songs should be tipped slightly more into the direction of the new era. After all, this is a new line-up and they are expected to be releasing a new album before the end of the year yet they persist on playing a set dominated by old songs. I don't think it's unfair to ask for one unheard song to be played which is what most people are suggesting. Christ, most of the "new" songs they play anyways are over 4 years old!

I suggest you find your way out of Axl's ass. Most people on here are in there somewhere but man you're way too far in. I love the new band, I love Axl but I know that not everything they do is right.