GNR Tour Kickoff Show ... 10.24.06 Sunrise Florida USA

Hanoi Rocks

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, keep in mind that if the band plays a new track, they know that it will be immediately recorded, put onto an MP3 and uploaded onto the internet for the entire world to hear before the show is even over. And I'm not sure that's what they want to happen before the album is released.

hellooo, welcome to 2007 !!

You picked the wrong broad to make fun of there, McFly.

Want me to punch him in the face, drag him outside and beat the shit out of him, Maddy?

:rofl-lol:

... Besides Pearl Jam - and they did it ONCE that I'm aware of - bands do NOT play an entire new album on tour, because people don't know the fucking songs. You break in new material over time. GNR needs to appeal to people who want to hear the classics and may not even have heard the leaks. They play from 4 to 6 new songs a night - Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar, Better, I.R.S., and there's always the chance of TWAT.

That's pretty much average for any band with a new album. You don't get any more than that on ANY major bands new album tour. If you did, you'd have people not knowing what the fuck was going on....

Agreed. It would be pointless to play an entire concert of new songs that nobody has ever heard except some downloaders on the Net.

However, I do think they could have changed the setlist to add a few different songs from the AFD and Illusions era.

actually pink floyd in the classic era would regularly play their latest album before it was released throughout the concert without stopping...I know they introduced dark side, wish you were here, and definitely animals like that. on animals tour they introduced the huge balloon pig to fly up and about the audience

One of a few, and Floyd did concept albums so that actually makes more sense. So we've got two bands out of how many? Point is, it's not common.

Wasn't the balloon thing on the Simpsons?

well, with paradise playing right now, this concert was a absolute waste. if anything, this could be a sign that the album may in fact come on on the last possible Tuesday.

Dude CD is back on the setlist! We can't complain at all.

Hopefully, the album will be out soon though.

well, with paradise playing right now, this concert was a absolute waste. if anything, this could be a sign that the album may in fact come on on the last possible Tuesday.

here...

Exit%20Door%20Bolt.jpg

use it

and kindly DO let it hit you in the ass on the way out :P

:D

here...

Exit%20Door%20Bolt.jpg

use it

and kindly DO let it hit you in the ass on the way out :P

hey, if you want to hear the same shit every night, then have fun.

I'm sorry, did you pay for a ticket? Were you in Florida at the show? Oh, wait, I see - you read the setlist on the Internet - and you feel it was a waste. Except you weren't there, didn't see it, didn't hear it.

And from the setlist you've stumbled upon a release date.

lol. You keep getting better kid.

Do yourself and the board a favor and follow that exit sign someone posted.

I give a hell of a lot of credit to Madison for her patience though.

I'm interested to hear the reviews of this gig, especially from the non-fans.

One would think the band is doing the concerts for the fans that are actually there rather than those who only read live updates on mygnrforum.com and then download the bootlegs. Thus, the complaints of them doing the same set every night are completely irrelevant.

One would think the band is doing the concerts for the fans that are actually there rather than those who only read live updates on mygnrforum.com and then download the bootlegs. Thus, the complaints of them doing the same set every night are completely irrelevant.

Couldn't have said it any better myself