GNR Tour Kickoff Show ... 10.24.06 Sunrise Florida USA

Hanoi Rocks

i saw AC/DC on the "BallBreaker Tour" a few years ago and I don't think they played any songs off of their new album and everyone still loved the show. I guess this is a little different. I would like to see estranged when and if thet ever make-up the nashville show

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, with paradise playing right now, this concert was a absolute waste. if anything, this could be a sign that the album may in fact come on on the last possible Tuesday.

I'm sorry, did you pay for a ticket? Were you in Florida at the show? Oh, wait, I see - you read the setlist on the Internet - and you feel it was a waste. Except you weren't there, didn't see it, didn't hear it.

And from the setlist you've stumbled upon a release date.

lol. You keep getting better kid.

Do yourself and the board a favor and follow that exit sign someone posted.

I give a hell of a lot of credit to Madison for her patience though.

I'm interested to hear the reviews of this gig, especially from the non-fans.

im just considering how this lack of change in the set will affect CD. every non-hardcore fan that was there tonight will probably just download the album when it comes out, and not spend their money on it like they should. why? its simple, those that were blown away by the new stuff may do it, but most of the people wont know what to think about it. the majority of people wont blow their money on something that they dont know if they like or not.

Got a song back that hasn't been played in years mixed into a great set.

Am I missing something? What song is that?

I think she meant CD. And I don't think she meant years.

Tbizzle

Sorry about that, I don't collect every boot on the net, when was it played last?

Honest question I really don't know since it wasn't played at any of the 4 shows I saw this year but I will be happy if they play it in NJ and NY rock2

i saw AC/DC on the "BallBreaker Tour" a few years ago and I don't think they played any songs off of their new album and everyone still loved the show. I guess this is a little different. I would like to see estranged when and if thet ever make-up the nashville show

it's the same thing for the Rolling Stones, 99% of the fans want to hear their older stuff, not the newer stuff

I'm sorry, did you pay for a ticket? Were you in Florida at the show? Oh, wait, I see - you read the setlist on the Internet - and you feel it was a waste. Except you weren't there, didn't see it, didn't hear it.

So what? That excuse is worse than the "Axl doesn't want the new songs bootlegged" crap.

Does being at the show change the fact that Axl is still almost entirely dependant on material he created 20yrs ago with another band?

Tbizzle

Sorry about that, I don't collect every boot on the net, when was it played last?

Honest question I really don't know since it wasn't played at any of the 4 shows I saw this year but I will be happy if they play it in NJ and NY rock2

Sorry didn't mean to come off like an ass. It was played at the Hammerstein show I went to and I believe severa others after that. They hadn't played it in their most recent shows.

I'm not sure though because I don't collect every boot either.

Tbizzle

Would Love that one too, how about Breakdown or Dead Horse??? I am stoked that they played a full show, and played Chinese Democracy, that is different from the SF show I went to just a month ago, Axl kept his word!

no you idiots would find something to complain about regardless. ok

i for one got to see 3 of the best shows i've ever seen in my entire life this year and I'd go see it 3 more times.

thats not to say i dont wish sometimes they'd play CD more, or play TWAT more, but GNR in no way is obligated to play any particular song. I am happy with what Axl and the band chose to play for us and we are lucky to even get these shows after all the years of silence and nothing.

next time you want to bitch about the setlist... think about 2003, 2004, 2005, all the disappointments in 2002, 1997,1998, etc. 2006 has been the biggest and best year for GNR fans since 1991-92. This is not the time to whine and complain about every little detail you feel is wrong. This should be happy.

Tbizzle

Sorry didn't mean to come off like an ass. It was played at the Hammerstein show I went to and I believe severa others after that. They hadn't played it in their most recent shows.

I'm not sure though because I don't collect every boot either.

Tbizzle

Oh man, I am going senile at 32, I was actually at the May 14th show too. Weird that I only remembered it from MSG in 2002, thank you for the correction. :)

Either way we haven't had it on the list in awhile and I am glad to see it back!

BTW-Isn't Iron Maiden playing a full set of new songs too and not having it go over so well?

i for one got to see 3 of the best shows i've ever seen in my entire life this year and I'd go see it 3 more times.

thats not to say i dont wish sometimes they'd play CD more, or play TWAT more, but GNR in no way is obligated to play any particular song. I am happy with what Axl and the band chose to play for us and we are lucky to even get these shows after all the years of silence and nothing.

next time you want to bitch about the setlist... think about 2003, 2004, 2005, all the disappointments in 2002, 1997,1998, etc. 2006 has been the biggest and best year for GNR fans since 1991-92. This is not the time to whine and complain about every little detail you feel is wrong. This should be happy.

So do you just cut and paste on every board?

I think this is a post worthy of repeating, so what if he posted it somewhere else. Not everyone is a member of every board.

show sounds like it rocked, loved how the crowd became enthusiastic, bes wishes i really hope brain is ok. cant wait till sacramento, reno, and oakland rock3

you know, this is pretty lame, all the haters out here...........i totally respect madison and the mods for putting up with that shit and not just deleting their posts, cuz in reality they just make themselves look so stupid.

Sorry I was gone I had to go look on my corkboard at my Dec 20th 2002 GNR tickets for the arco arena that they never showed up to. I keep them as a reminder whenever I get impatient. Pics available is you would like to see em. So I am happy, which is why I have tickets for Oak, saw em in SF and will probobly scalp for Fresno on the 13th.

I think this is a post worthy of repeating, so what if he posted it somewhere else. Not everyone is a member of every board.

Can I use it then?

can anyone name a band that was out 20 years ago that is NOT living off thier old songs today? I'm sure there are a couple of bands so please name them....I'm trying to think of some and can't.

Bands like Motley Crue still do. Is that what you want GnR to turn into? Besides, at least Motley Crue is actually made up of the original members who created those old tunes. At least Vince doesn't talk about "brave new musical directions" before playing the old songs.

Other bands? Well, we had heard more than half of Contraband (including the first single) before it was released. Muse played three new tracks (all later released as singles) before their last album was released. Radiohead have played their new unreleased album almost in its entirety during recent shows. Pearl Jam always play new songs and change the setlist drastically from night to night.

well, with paradise playing right now, this concert was a absolute waste. if anything, this could be a sign that the album may in fact come on on the last possible Tuesday.

And from the setlist you've stumbled upon a release date.

lol. You keep getting better kid.

Do yourself and the board a favor and follow that exit sign someone posted.

I give a hell of a lot of credit to Madison for her patience though.

I'm interested to hear the reviews of this gig, especially from the non-fans.

im just considering how this lack of change in the set will affect CD. every non-hardcore fan that was there tonight will probably just download the album when it comes out, and not spend their money on it like they should. why? its simple, those that were blown away by the new stuff may do it, but most of the people wont know what to think about it. the majority of people wont blow their money on something that they dont know if they like or not.

What you just said makes no sense. None. Zero. Nada.

Think, what did people do before downloading? They judged off the lead single.

Now, people heard a few songs. Hearing a few extra wouldn't make a difference in them downloading it. And downloading has shit all to do with sales. Stop buying into the record label's spin-doctoring. People will buy it if the songs are good. I've downloaded all kinds of shit - and bought anything that was decent. The rest got deleted.

People buy good music. IRS, Better, Chinese Democracy, and The Blues got played tonight. That's 1/3rd of the album or so. If the band puts out a single that takes off - that's all they need.