GNR Tour Kickoff Show ... 10.24.06 Sunrise Florida USA

Hanoi Rocks

Well, keep in mind that if the band plays a new track, they know that it will be immediately recorded, put onto an MP3 and uploaded onto the internet for the entire world to hear before the show is even over. And I'm not sure that's what they want to happen before the album is released.

hellooo, welcome to 2007 !!

You picked the wrong broad to make fun of there, McFly.

Want me to punch him in the face, drag him outside and beat the shit out of him, Maddy?

Like your any tougher then the buttons you push ....oh noooo , don't let your E-DIck out grow your fingers,fat stuff.

That was horrible....

DONT COME IN HERE WITH THAT WEAK STUFF....BITCH :rofl-lol:

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

**SETLIST** (+ means confirmed, - means unconfirmed)

"Intro (Same As Before)" +

"Welcome to the Jungle" +

"It's So Easy" + (short audio clip)

"Mr. Brownstone" +

"Live & Let Die" +

"Robin Solo" +

"Sweet Child O' Mine" +

"Knockin' On Heaven's Door" +

"You Could Be Mine" -

"Dizzy Jam" +

"The Blues" +

"Band Introductions" +

"Richard Solo" +

"Out Ta Get Me" +

"Better" -

"Moving The Piano" +

"November Rain" +

"I.R.S" +

"Bumblefoot Solo (Don't Cry)" +

"My Michelle W/Bach" +

"Patience"

**NOTES**

Brain sick, Frank is on drums. +

Crowd response in not very good. +

Chris Pitman is NOT wearing a dress type thing. +

Robin's Solo was the same as the Inland Invasion one -

Axl's getting pissed at the lighting guy. +

Crowd is happier now, they sung along to KOHD nicely. +

Crowd seems to forgive Axl for being late, they are loving it +

Ron is kicking serious ass +

Axl is jumping around stage alot, and changing his wardrobe frequently. +

The crowd is digging the newer material. +

Bach singing with Axl on My Michelle +

Bach is "owning" Axl on vocals, whatever that means +

This update is brought to you by your friends over at "elsewhere"

Edited by Jackamo

Well, keep in mind that if the band plays a new track, they know that it will be immediately recorded, put onto an MP3 and uploaded onto the internet for the entire world to hear before the show is even over. And I'm not sure that's what they want to happen before the album is released.

Want me to punch him in the face, drag him outside and beat the shit out of him, Maddy?

Like your any tougher then the buttons you push ....oh noooo , don't let your E-DIck out grow your fingers,fat stuff.

That was horrible....

DONT COME IN HERE WITH THAT WEAK STUFF....BITCH :rofl-lol:

oh no attack of the E_DWEEB's

"Mr. Brownstone" +

"Live & Let Die" +

"Robin Solo" +

"Sweet Child O' Mine" +

"You Could Be Mine" -

"Dizzy Jam" +

"The Blues" +

"Band Introductions" +

"Richard Solo" +

"Out Ta Get Me" +

"Better" -

"Moving The Piano" +

"November Rain" +

"I.R.S" +

"My Michelle W/Bach" +

"Patience"

**NOTES**

Personally I find Bach's voice irritating, but then plenty say that about Axl. To each their own.

I think the song set will remain the same for this reason....this is a reintroduction of GNR to a whole new generation of fans. CD will bring a whole new wave and demand. Axl knows that even as he's belting it out now that some fucker in the audience is already sending to cyber land. I give this show 2 hours before we have clips of it. Axl ain't to fondof bootleggers and I can't imagine him wanting a shit load CD material all over the net ...it would ruin his grand suprise.

For that reason I still think that most of the new material is a smokescreen. Just enough to wet the ol' appetite.

You'll have some official CD material very close to or very shortly after the album has dropped.

Edited by rockerman

Did anyone here minus the folks that know better realize that this setlist is entirely new to Florida?

I mean, we know everything that goes on with the band because we spend time on these forums and granted have seen this setlist over and over-

But there are probably 1000's of people there who haven't heard The Blues, Better, Madagascar and the like live and it is a new thing for them-

Just thought I might point this out being that this technically is the beginning of the US tour for those that were not lucky enough to see a warm up show-

Well said

your missing the point. THEY ARE NOT TOURING FOR APPETITE, THEY ARE TOURING FOR CHINESE DE FUCKING MOCRACY.

it doesnt matter that they dont know the new shit. tough for them. im very sure that they will fall in love with it anyway. and plus, axl wont rob them of the hits and a couple of less popular songs. jesus, this is supposed to be for a new album, not one from 20 fucking years ago.

The only people missing the point here are you and a certain group of fucktards who I'm pretty sure are only here to complain.

Besides Pearl Jam - and they did it ONCE that I'm aware of - bands do NOT play an entire new album on tour, because people don't know the fucking songs. You break in new material over time. GNR needs to appeal to people who want to hear the classics and may not even have heard the leaks. They play from 4 to 6 new songs a night - Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar, Better, I.R.S., and there's always the chance of TWAT.

That's pretty much average for any band with a new album. You don't get any more than that on ANY major bands new album tour. If you did, you'd have people not knowing what the fuck was going on.

IMO you and certain others are being pricks because you've seen the setlist online. Guess what people at the show's HAVEN'T. They don't read the setlist from every show, go to these boards, etc. They don't leech bootlegs. The net really has spoiled some people.

"tough for them" is not the way to win over fans. You're coming off as a spoiled brat who thinks the band only plays to others like who to check shit online everyday.

Sorry to the rest for this rant.

Or does anyone else think it's a great idea for GNR to play buckets of new material at one show prior to the album dropping?

5 new tracks would be perfect. And when I hit a show I'd love to see Used to Love Her.

EXACTLY

Did anyone here minus the folks that know better realize that this setlist is entirely new to Florida?

I mean, we know everything that goes on with the band because we spend time on these forums and granted have seen this setlist over and over-

But there are probably 1000's of people there who haven't heard The Blues, Better, Madagascar and the like live and it is a new thing for them-

Just thought I might point this out being that this technically is the beginning of the US tour for those that were not lucky enough to see a warm up show-

Well said

your missing the point. THEY ARE NOT TOURING FOR APPETITE, THEY ARE TOURING FOR CHINESE DE FUCKING MOCRACY.

it doesnt matter that they dont know the new shit. tough for them. im very sure that they will fall in love with it anyway. and plus, axl wont rob them of the hits and a couple of less popular songs. jesus, this is supposed to be for a new album, not one from 20 fucking years ago.

The only people missing the point here are you and a certain group of fucktards who I'm pretty sure are only here to complain.

Besides Pearl Jam - and they did it ONCE that I'm aware of - bands do NOT play an entire new album on tour, because people don't know the fucking songs. You break in new material over time. GNR needs to appeal to people who want to hear the classics and may not even have heard the leaks. They play from 4 to 6 new songs a night - Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar, Better, I.R.S., and there's always the chance of TWAT.

That's pretty much average for any band with a new album. You don't get any more than that on ANY major bands new album tour. If you did, you'd have people not knowing what the fuck was going on.

IMO you and certain others are being pricks because you've seen the setlist online. Guess what people at the show's HAVEN'T. They don't read the setlist from every show, go to these boards, etc. They don't leech bootlegs. The net really has spoiled some people.

"tough for them" is not the way to win over fans. You're coming off as a spoiled brat who thinks the band only plays to others like who to check shit online everyday.

Sorry to the rest for this rant.

Or does anyone else think it's a great idea for GNR to play buckets of new material at one show prior to the album dropping?

5 new tracks would be perfect. And when I hit a show I'd love to see Used to Love Her.

ok, so essentially, your saying that 4-6 new songs is enough to make people go buy the album. sorry to burst your bubble, but people will forget about the new stuff the moment a "classic" song starts. sure, they may thing about it later, but i doubt it will be enough to make them buy the album, especially when its so much easier for them to download it.

No, dumb ass. I'm not any tougher. I'm not one of the people that started this board or moderate it. Perhaps you should look at people's profiles closer the next time you decide to come out of nowhere and just start making fun of them. Not a good way to make a first impression, Sherlock.

I'll give you this... that E-dick thing is kind of funny. I'm not sure what that sentence is supposed to mean, in fact, you'd fit right in with the rest of the grammatically impaired folks on here... but I could certainly think of some clever ways to use the term 'E-dick'. I'm guessing you don't require royalties? Good.

You probably won't be around long anyway after Maddy realizes you took a jab at her:)

:rofl-lol:

... Besides Pearl Jam - and they did it ONCE that I'm aware of - bands do NOT play an entire new album on tour, because people don't know the fucking songs. You break in new material over time. GNR needs to appeal to people who want to hear the classics and may not even have heard the leaks. They play from 4 to 6 new songs a night - Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar, Better, I.R.S., and there's always the chance of TWAT.

That's pretty much average for any band with a new album. You don't get any more than that on ANY major bands new album tour. If you did, you'd have people not knowing what the fuck was going on....

Agreed. It would be pointless to play an entire concert of new songs that nobody has ever heard except some downloaders on the Net.

However, I do think they could have changed the setlist to add a few different songs from the AFD and Illusions era.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

O, no! Maybe you should settle this playing dungeons and dragons or something

Tbiz

Maybe you should play with yourself some more .Fuck everywhere you look no matter what gnr board it is the ADmins's bash the loyal Fans.Separating yourselves from JArmo and company is eaier then it looks .YOu are different....back on topic

MADAGASCAR IS NEXT .....PLAY IT AXL.!!!

"Mr. Brownstone" +

"Live & Let Die" +

"Robin Solo" +

"Sweet Child O' Mine" +

"You Could Be Mine" -

"Dizzy Jam" +

"The Blues" +

"Band Introductions" +

"Richard Solo" +

"Out Ta Get Me" +

"Better" -

"Moving The Piano" +

"November Rain" +

"I.R.S" +

"My Michelle W/Bach" +

"Patience" +

"Nightrain" +

ENCORE

**NOTES**

This update is brought to you by your friends over at "elsewhere" :)

Edited by Jackamo

I think the song set will remain the same for this reason....this is a reintroduction of GNR to a whole new generation of fans. CD will bring a whole new wave and demand. Axl knows that even as he's belting it out now that some fucker in the audience is already sending to cyber land. I give this show 2 hours before we have clips of it. Axl ain't to fondof bootleggers and I can't imagine him wanting a shit load CD material all over the net ...it would ruin his grand suprise.

For that reason I still think that most of the new material is a smokescreen. Just enough to wet the ol' appetite.

You'll have some official CD material very close to or very shortly after the album has dropped.

they need to save some new songs for the next time they tour north america before CD is released :confused:

:rofl-lol:

... Besides Pearl Jam - and they did it ONCE that I'm aware of - bands do NOT play an entire new album on tour, because people don't know the fucking songs. You break in new material over time. GNR needs to appeal to people who want to hear the classics and may not even have heard the leaks. They play from 4 to 6 new songs a night - Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar, Better, I.R.S., and there's always the chance of TWAT.

That's pretty much average for any band with a new album. You don't get any more than that on ANY major bands new album tour. If you did, you'd have people not knowing what the fuck was going on....

Agreed. It would be pointless to play an entire concert of new songs that nobody has ever heard except some downloaders on the Net.

However, I do think they could have changed the setlist to add a few different songs from the AFD and Illusions era.

Yeah they should do Civil War..The crowd would love it! rock3

do we have to past through this "same set list" shit at every show????????? europe was the same... come on, enjoy what we have, and if you dont want the things the way they are, wait some shitty 8 weeks.

Exactly.

But then when CD is released and the setlist changes what will they complain about then?

I am sure they can think of something. :rofl-lol:

You are moaning because they are playing songs that people love.

Go back 1 year, 2 years hell why not go back 3 years when NOTHING was happening, i am sure you would prefer Guns weren't on tour.

So just shut up and enjoy this

Edited by gnr=axl

do we have to past through this "same set list" shit at every show????????? europe was the same... come on, enjoy what we have, and if you dont want the things the way they are, wait some shitty 8 weeks.

We dont know if it will be 8 weeks though..

could be 65 weeks for all we know

we have Axl's word...and he also said the setlist would change for the North American Tour...not add a new song...just change....can't trust his word can we?

I hope the album is out this year...but I dont know

bands do NOT play an entire new album on tour, because people don't know the fucking songs. You break in new material over time. That's pretty much average for any band with a new album. You don't get any more than that on ANY major bands new album tour. If you did, you'd have people not knowing what the fuck was going on.

Actually,the first time I saw Guns was in June '91...months before UYI's dropped.They played 14 songs of UYI's that I hadn't heard before...9 "classic" songs.

(but it was ALL still amazing though!!) :P

But as Madison said...this is a new age,new songs are on the internet before the gig is over.I'm sure they feel there's enough new material on the table already.And you people weened on the internet should actually consider yourselves lucky that you are familiar with as many new songs as you already are.That kind of good fortune is relatively new in the rock world...and yet it's somehow still not enough for some of you.It baffles me at times.