GNR Tour Kickoff Show ... 10.24.06 Sunrise Florida USA

Hanoi Rocks

wow, two new songs...........and this is the Chinese Democracy Tour........and the cd will be out sometime within the next 9 weeks..........GNR is fucked.

there's more than half a concert left.

We need a dumbass smiley, or one giving the finger.

:fuckyou:

Dont Damn Me........

seriously, the fucking played OTGM? what the fuck, if axl wants to sell cds, he cant play old songs that dont need to be heard. the only essentials are Jungle, SCOM, November s it will win people over, just look at Better.

I was just showing her the smilie in case she didn't know....

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No band goes on tour without a backup at guitars, drums, etc. incase someone falls ill - and those people practice all the songs that band could possibly play on the tour.

news to me... :drevil:

geez,and all the cancelled shows I've missed over the years due to band illness,not clearing the border etc.

This is rock and roll...not a Andrew Lloyd Weber touring musical!

what song do u people want to come next?????

i say O MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

just not Patience, IRS, Night train, Madagascar, or Paradise City....or My Michelle, Think About You, Used To Love Her, anything hat I missed....nope? sad isn't it...that I can sum up the entire second half of a show with those songs minus a couple each show

wow, two new songs...........and this is the Chinese Democracy Tour........and the cd will be out sometime within the next 9 weeks..........GNR is fucked.

there's more than half a concert left.

We need a dumbass smiley, or one giving the finger.

:fuckyou:

Dont Damn Me........

seriously, the fucking played OTGM? what the fuck, if axl wants to sell cds, he cant play old songs that dont need to be heard. the only essentials are Jungle, SCOM, November s it will win people over, just look at Better.

I was just showing her the smilie in case she didn't know....

I'm a he, but thanx.

LOL @ the setlist.. what a shocker.

Cant wait to hear the excuses from the Axlites tomorrow.

This Axlite is already telling you they have an understudy drummer who probably only knows certain songs-

Oh and guess what else? That has nothing to do with Axl, he sings, he can't play the drums as well. :fuckyou: <---No Offense of course! :rolleyes:

Ah, and right on cue, here come the excuses.

No band goes on tour without a backup at guitars, drums, etc. incase someone falls ill - and those people practice all the songs that band could possibly play on the tour.

What the fuck is your point here? If you didn't have the internet and know the previous setlists - which most of the people at this show are covered by - The Blues and Better would be brand new to you. It's only the hardcore fans who download the concert bootlegs. 95% of the people at this show have never heard Better live.

The concert isn't even half over and you're making proclimations and throwing names. Do us all a favor - at least shut the fuck up till it's over. Because a) most people with a brain weren't expecting many changes from the warmup gigs and euro tour and B) even if they do add a song or two, it's likely to be towards the end once the crowd is into the show.

your forgetting the fact that this isnt the new band covering the old band. its supposed to be for the NEW FUCKING ALBUM. why the fuck cant the NEW FUCKING ALBUM be played to promote it. idk who came up with this idea, but going out there and playing appetite every fucking night wont sell Chinese Democracy

Edited by fridayfan13

news to me... :drevil:

geez,and all the cancelled shows I've missed over the years due to band illness,not clearing the border etc.

This is rock and roll...not a Andrew Lloyd Weber touring musical!

A backup drummer they might have, but a backup Lead Guitarist or bassist or singer, i doubt that!

LOL @ the setlist.. what a shocker.

Cant wait to hear the excuses from the Axlites tomorrow.

This Axlite is already telling you they have an understudy drummer who probably only knows certain songs-

Oh and guess what else? That has nothing to do with Axl, he sings, he can't play the drums as well. :fuckyou: <---No Offense of course! :rolleyes:

Ah, and right on cue, here come the excuses.

What the fuck is your point here? If you didn't have the internet and know the previous setlists - which most of the people at this show are covered by - The Blues and Better would be brand new to you. It's only the hardcore fans who download the concert bootlegs. 95% of the people at this show have never heard Better live.

The concert isn't even half over and you're making proclimations and throwing names. Do us all a favor - at least shut the fuck up till it's over. Because a) most people with a brain weren't expecting many changes from the warmup gigs and euro tour and B) even if they do add a song or two, it's likely to be towards the end once the crowd is into the show.

Thank you, i was going to write the exact same thing, but you beat me to it. rock3

Great point!

A8R

**SETLIST** (+ means confirmed, - means unconfirmed)

"Intro (Same As Before)" +

"Welcome to the Jungle" +

"It's So Easy" + (short audio clip)

"Mr. Brownstone" +

"Live & Let Die" +

"Robin Solo" +

"Sweet Child O' Mine" +

"Knockin' On Heaven's Door" +

"You Could Be Mine" -

"Dizzy Jam" +

"The Blues" +

"Band Introductions" +

"Richard Solo" +

"Out Ta Get Me" +

"Better" -

"Moving The Piano" +

"November Rain" +

"I.R.S" +

"Bumblefoot Solo" +

**NOTES**

Brain sick, Frank is on drums. +

Crowd response in not very good. +

Chris Pitman is NOT wearing a dress type thing. +

Robin's Solo was the same as the Inland Invasion one -

Axl's getting pissed at the lighting guy. +

Crowd is happier now, they sung along to KOHD nicely. +

Crowd seems to forgive Axl for being late, they are loving it +

Ron is kicking serious ass +

Axl is jumping around stage alot, and changing his wardrobe frequently. +

The crowd is digging the newer material. +

Edited by Jackamo

Did anyone here minus the folks that know better realize that this setlist is entirely new to Florida?

I mean, we know everything that goes on with the band because we spend time on these forums and granted have seen this setlist over and over-

But there are probably 1000's of people there who haven't heard The Blues, Better, Madagascar and the like live and it is a new thing for them-

Just thought I might point this out being that this technically is the beginning of the US tour for those that were not lucky enough to see a warm up show-

I don't even see why you are in this thread if you don't care for GNR in it's current incarnation.

Obviously we do care, or we wouldn't be here.

But if we have yet another show during this 'Chinese Democracy' tour where we get no news about the album, no new songs, and the same old AFD dominated setlist, there are going to be a lot of pissed off people. Sorry.

Did anyone here minus the folks that know better realize that this setlist is entirely new to Florida?

I mean, we know everything that goes on with the band because we spend time on these forums and granted have seen this setlist over and over-

But there are probably 1000's of people there who haven't heard The Blues, Better, Madagascar and the like live and it is a new thing for them-

Just thought I might point this out being that this technically is the beginning of the US tour for those that were not lucky enough to see a warm up show-

Amen

Well said

Well, keep in mind that if the band played a new track, they know that it would be immediately recorded, put onto an MP3 and uploaded onto the internet for the entire world to hear before the show is even over. And I'm not sure that's what they want to happen before the album is released.

However, they could have changed the setlist - and maybe added a few different songs from the old days - such as Don't Cry or Estranged or something.

I don't even see why you are in this thread if you don't care for GNR in it's current incarnation.

But if we have yet another show during this 'Chinese Democracy' tour where we get no news about the album, no new songs, and the same old AFD dominated setlist, there are going to be a lot of pissed off people. Sorry.

I'll let it slide cause Brain isn't there...but can't Axl talk to the fans??? At least he did that in 2002.

I remember downloading the 2002 shows and one of the 22 parts to the show would be "Axl Rant".

None of that anymore really....give us some information Axl.

If they don't have a new song or mention anything about the album or we dont get a release date or single by the time they get out of the North East I'll probably quit.

Well, keep in mind that if the band plays a new track, they know that it will be immediately recorded, put onto an MP3 and uploaded onto the internet for the entire world to hear before the show is even over. And I'm not sure that's what they want to happen before the album is released.

Exactly-

BBF solo on now-

3rd wheel-we don't know yet what Axl is or isn't saying to the fans, so far this is only updates of songs.

Granted it will probably be not much but still, we should wait for someone who was actually there to post-

Edited by bandita

Well, keep in mind that if the band plays a new track, they know that it will be immediately recorded, put onto an MP3 and uploaded onto the internet for the entire world to hear before the show is even over. And I'm not sure that's what they want to happen before the album is released.

hellooo, welcome to 2007 !!

Damn the internet is ruining everything, back when a band toured in the 80's late 90's you would just hear the new songs at the concert, no youtube, no pirates, and you were stoked not to hear too many new ones till you were familiar with the album. Now it is all backwards. Most peeps didnt like hearing new music at the shows. Axl knows this better to play mostly familiar stuff till album comes out, I doubt anyone there cares about TWAT, they just wanna hear music played well.

Amen

Not to mention,sitting a computer reading a setlist is in NO way comparable to witnessing the band rip through these songs live!I doubt there are many disappointed people there!