GNR Tour Kickoff Show ... 10.24.06 Sunrise Florida USA

Hanoi Rocks

**SETLIST** (+ means confirmed, - means unconfirmed)

"Intro (Same As Before)" +

"Welcome to the Jungle" +

"It's So Easy" + (short audio clip)

"Mr. Brownstone" +

"Live & Let Die" +

"Robin Solo" +

"Sweet Child O' Mine" +

"Knockin' On Heaven's Door" +

"You Could Be Mine" -

"Dizzy Jam" +

"The Blues" +

"Band Introductions" +

"Richard Solo" +

"Out Ta Get Me" +

"Better" -

"Moving The Piano" +

"November Rain" +

"I.R.S" +

"Bumblefoot Solo (Don't Cry)" +

"My Michelle" +

**NOTES**

Brain sick, Frank is on drums. +

Crowd response in not very good. +

Chris Pitman is NOT wearing a dress type thing. +

Robin's Solo was the same as the Inland Invasion one -

Axl's getting pissed at the lighting guy. +

Crowd is happier now, they sung along to KOHD nicely. +

Crowd seems to forgive Axl for being late, they are loving it +

Ron is kicking serious ass +

Axl is jumping around stage alot, and changing his wardrobe frequently. +

The crowd is digging the newer material. +

Bach singing with Axl on My Michelle +

Edited by Jackamo

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone here minus the folks that know better realize that this setlist is entirely new to Florida?

I mean, we know everything that goes on with the band because we spend time on these forums and granted have seen this setlist over and over-

But there are probably 1000's of people there who haven't heard The Blues, Better, Madagascar and the like live and it is a new thing for them-

Just thought I might point this out being that this technically is the beginning of the US tour for those that were not lucky enough to see a warm up show-

Well said

your missing the point. THEY ARE NOT TOURING FOR APPETITE, THEY ARE TOURING FOR CHINESE DE FUCKING MOCRACY.

it doesnt matter that they dont know the new shit. tough for them. im very sure that they will fall in love with it anyway. and plus, axl wont rob them of the hits and a couple of less popular songs. jesus, this is supposed to be for a new album, not one from 20 fucking years ago.

I don't even see why you are in this thread if you don't care for GNR in it's current incarnation.

Obviously we do care, or we wouldn't be here.

But if we have yet another show during this 'Chinese Democracy' tour where we get no news about the album, no new songs, and the same old AFD dominated setlist, there are going to be a lot of pissed off people. Sorry.

I'll let it slide cause Brain isn't there...but can't Axl talk to the fans??? At least he did that in 2002.

I remember downloading the 2002 shows and one of the 22 parts to the show would be "Axl Rant".

None of that anymore really....give us some information Axl.

If they don't have a new song or mention anything about the album or we dont get a release date or single by the time they get out of the North East I'll probably quit.

You know you won't quit :book:

I have to say, it wouldn't hurt to have a good old Axl Rant or two...that is a valid complaint

A8R

Ron's doin a solo... wonder how that'll go over.

They really should drop a solo. If Axl really needs a break, why not let tommy sing something?

i myself would love that, but the modern crowd may not like it. so i say, fuck the crowd, let tommy have a little bit of the spotlight, id love to hear it.

Did anyone here minus the folks that know better realize that this setlist is entirely new to Florida?

I mean, we know everything that goes on with the band because we spend time on these forums and granted have seen this setlist over and over-

But there are probably 1000's of people there who haven't heard The Blues, Better, Madagascar and the like live and it is a new thing for them-

Just thought I might point this out being that this technically is the beginning of the US tour for those that were not lucky enough to see a warm up show-

Well said

your missing the point. THEY ARE NOT TOURING FOR APPETITE, THEY ARE TOURING FOR CHINESE DE FUCKING MOCRACY.

it doesnt matter that they dont know the new shit. tough for them. im very sure that they will fall in love with it anyway. and plus, axl wont rob them of the hits and a couple of less popular songs. jesus, this is supposed to be for a new album, not one from 20 fucking years ago.

Could you just go to bed please :P

Well said

ok, i got your point here: they could play Madagascar, IRS, The Blues, Oh My God, CD, Better and TWAT, good copilation of new songs, CD songs and even dont play any unheard song...

they could do so, but they dont want to.

Well, keep in mind that if the band plays a new track, they know that it will be immediately recorded, put onto an MP3 and uploaded onto the internet for the entire world to hear before the show is even over. And I'm not sure that's what they want to happen before the album is released.

hellooo, welcome to 2007 !!

You picked the wrong broad to make fun of there, McFly.

Want me to punch him in the face, drag him outside and beat the shit out of him, Maddy?

Well said

My point is that this show is in FLORIDA and they ARE getting 4 new songs off Chinese Democracy that the people in FLORIDA have never heard before. I think we tend to forget that we read the news every day about this band while most regular fans probably do not.

Would you like them to remove all the UYI material as well?

**SETLIST** (+ means confirmed, - means unconfirmed)

"Intro (Same As Before)" +

"Welcome to the Jungle" +

"It's So Easy" + (short audio clip)

"Mr. Brownstone" +

"Live & Let Die" +

"Robin Solo" +

"Sweet Child O' Mine" +

"Knockin' On Heaven's Door" +

"You Could Be Mine" -

"Dizzy Jam" +

"The Blues" +

"Band Introductions" +

"Richard Solo" +

"Out Ta Get Me" +

"Better" -

"Moving The Piano" +

"November Rain" +

"I.R.S" +

"Bumblefoot Solo (Don't Cry)" +

"My Michelle W/Bach" +

**NOTES**

Brain sick, Frank is on drums. +

Crowd response in not very good. +

Chris Pitman is NOT wearing a dress type thing. +

Robin's Solo was the same as the Inland Invasion one -

Axl's getting pissed at the lighting guy. +

Crowd is happier now, they sung along to KOHD nicely. +

Crowd seems to forgive Axl for being late, they are loving it +

Ron is kicking serious ass +

Axl is jumping around stage alot, and changing his wardrobe frequently. +

The crowd is digging the newer material. +

Bach singing with Axl on My Michelle +

Bach is "owning" Axl on vocals, whatever that means +

Edited by Jackamo

Well said

ok, i got your point here: they could play Madagascar, IRS, The Blues, Oh My God, CD, Better and TWAT, good copilation of new songs, CD songs and even dont play any unheard song...

they could do so, but they dont want to.

essentially yes, with the occasional new unheard tune, at least untill the album is out, then they play nearly every track.

Amen

Not to mention,sitting a computer reading a setlist is in NO way comparable to witnessing the band rip through these songs live!I doubt there are many disappointed people there!

Good Post,

I think everyone can agree this band live is amazing. I saw them on may 15th and wasn't disappointed. All the songs that we're tired of are still awesome live. They're just so fun. And as long as the people that paid to see the show is happy and having a good time, then we should all shut the hell up. I didn't pay to this show so I shouldn't be dissapointed.

Tbizzle

Edited by tbizzle86

Well said

The only people missing the point here are you and a certain group of fucktards who I'm pretty sure are only here to complain.

Besides Pearl Jam - and they did it ONCE that I'm aware of - bands do NOT play an entire new album on tour, because people don't know the fucking songs. You break in new material over time. GNR needs to appeal to people who want to hear the classics and may not even have heard the leaks. They play from 4 to 6 new songs a night - Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar, Better, I.R.S., and there's always the chance of TWAT.

That's pretty much average for any band with a new album. You don't get any more than that on ANY major bands new album tour. If you did, you'd have people not knowing what the fuck was going on.

IMO you and certain others are being pricks because you've seen the setlist online. Guess what people at the show's HAVEN'T. They don't read the setlist from every show, go to these boards, etc. They don't leech bootlegs. The net really has spoiled some people.

"tough for them" is not the way to win over fans. You're coming off as a spoiled brat who thinks the band only plays to others like who to check shit online everyday.

Sorry to the rest for this rant.

Or does anyone else think it's a great idea for GNR to play buckets of new material at one show prior to the album dropping?

5 new tracks would be perfect. And when I hit a show I'd love to see Used to Love Her.

Well, keep in mind that if the band plays a new track, they know that it will be immediately recorded, put onto an MP3 and uploaded onto the internet for the entire world to hear before the show is even over. And I'm not sure that's what they want to happen before the album is released.

hellooo, welcome to 2007 !!

You picked the wrong broad to make fun of there, McFly.

Want me to punch him in the face, drag him outside and beat the shit out of him, Maddy?

Like your any tougher then the buttons you push ....oh noooo , don't let your E-DIck out grow your fingers,fat stuff.

sorry if this is a known fact, havn't seen it in the setlists posted.. but did Fortus + Finck do Beautiful during Fortus' solo?

No they haven't :cry: .................I MEAN......NO FINALLY THAT SOLO SUCKS ASS!!!!!!! :fuckyou: ................................... :ph34r:

Kannon.