GNR Tour Kickoff Show ... 10.24.06 Sunrise Florida USA

Hanoi Rocks

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We dont know if it will be 8 weeks though..

could be 65 weeks for all we know

we have Axl's word...and he also said the setlist would change for the North American Tour...not add a new song...just change....can't trust his word can we?

I hope the album is out this year...but I dont know

the album will be out this year stop worrying about it

Agreed. It would be pointless to play an entire concert of new songs that nobody has ever heard except some downloaders on the Net.

However, I do think they could have changed the setlist to add a few different songs from the AFD and Illusions era.

I somewhat agree. I personally would have liked to see them polish up TWAT a bit live... just an amazing song live (I was lucky enough to see it back at Hammerstein) and mix the setlist up some. Of course I like Jungle and PC right where they're at... but would love to hear TWAT in there.

Actually, you know what would be perfect to have the casual fan go 'WTF was that?' and for us hardcore fans to fill up the forums with? A Chinese Democracy album medley. Besides what we've heard already, take 5 or 6 of the new songs and play 30 second clips from each and tie them all together. Talk about giving us hardcore fans what we want (a taste of a lot of new songs) but not enough to ruin the treasure of listening to CD for the first time. It would also get the casual/new fan even more interested in the new album.

I think a medley like that would defeat online piracy and still maintain that surprise factor for the release date.

**SETLIST** (+ means confirmed, - means unconfirmed)

"Intro (Same As Before)" +

"Welcome to the Jungle" +

"It's So Easy" + (short audio clip)

"Mr. Brownstone" +

"Live & Let Die" +

"Robin Solo" +

"Sweet Child O' Mine" +

"Knockin' On Heaven's Door" +

"You Could Be Mine" -

"Dizzy Jam" +

"The Blues" +

"Band Introductions" +

"Richard Solo" +

"Out Ta Get Me" +

"Better" -

"Moving The Piano" +

"November Rain" +

"I.R.S" +

"Bumblefoot Solo (Don't Cry)" +

"My Michelle W/Bach" +

"Patience" +

"Nightrain" +

ENCORE

"Chinese Democracy" +

"Paradise City" +

**NOTES**

Brain sick, Frank is on drums. +

Crowd response in not very good. +

Chris Pitman is NOT wearing a dress type thing. +

Robin's Solo was the same as the Inland Invasion one -

Axl's getting pissed at the lighting guy. +

Crowd is happier now, they sung along to KOHD nicely. +

Crowd seems to forgive Axl for being late, they are loving it +

Ron is kicking serious ass +

Axl is jumping around stage alot, and changing his wardrobe frequently. +

The crowd is digging the newer material. +

Bach singing with Axl on My Michelle +

Bach is "owning" Axl on vocals, whatever that means +

Mother Goose did a killer job on the CD intro +

Lots of people left the show halfway. -

This update is brought to you by your friends over at "elsewhere"

Wow! A big thanks to the good people at "elsewhere"

These updates are awesome. I checked out the site too. Fucking Aces man. Especially the Silkworms remix. A great site for info on the band. Cheers!

:rofl-lol: I've been promoting it all night, i bet the hit count will hit like 3000 by tommorrow.

Edited by Jackamo

bands do NOT play an entire new album on tour, because people don't know the fucking songs. You break in new material over time. That's pretty much average for any band with a new album. You don't get any more than that on ANY major bands new album tour. If you did, you'd have people not knowing what the fuck was going on.

Or does anyone else think it's a great idea for GNR to play buckets of new material at one show prior to the album dropping?

Actually,the first time I saw Guns was in June '91...months before UYI's dropped.They played 14 songs of UYI's that I hadn't heard before...9 "classic" songs.

(but it was ALL still amazing though!!) :P

But as Madison said...this is a new age,new songs are on the internet before the gig is over.I'm sure they feel there's enough new material on the table already.And you people weened on the internet should actually consider yourselves lucky that you are familiar with as many new songs as you already are.That kind of good fortune is relatively new in the rock world...and yet it's somehow still not enough for some of you.It baffles me at times.

Since I come from the pre-internet era myself I can understand this and I am sure GNR and their management do as well. Times have changed, information flows a lot faster now. The internet has spoiled us into getting things almost instantaniously and nothing is ever a surprise anymore.

I saw that 91 tour as well and it rocked and the only song I knew from UYI was November Rain cause I had an old vinyl boot. Sometimes I kinda miss those days.

Anyway, I can't wait to read reactions of those who were at the show!

Edit-Chinese Democracy! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock3rock3

Edited by bandita

i think we should all be happy that the show is going down without any major problems. I wish I was there. They could play WTTJ twice in a row and i would still love it. Why are some of you bitching like you are some kind of authority on what GNR should do. We all want AXL and the new band to succeed.........don't we?

Well, keep in mind that if the band plays a new track, they know that it will be immediately recorded, put onto an MP3 and uploaded onto the internet for the entire world to hear before the show is even over. And I'm not sure that's what they want to happen before the album is released.

hellooo, welcome to 2007 !!

You picked the wrong broad to make fun of there, McFly.

Want me to punch him in the face, drag him outside and beat the shit out of him, Maddy?

:rofl-lol:

... Besides Pearl Jam - and they did it ONCE that I'm aware of - bands do NOT play an entire new album on tour, because people don't know the fucking songs. You break in new material over time. GNR needs to appeal to people who want to hear the classics and may not even have heard the leaks. They play from 4 to 6 new songs a night - Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar, Better, I.R.S., and there's always the chance of TWAT.

That's pretty much average for any band with a new album. You don't get any more than that on ANY major bands new album tour. If you did, you'd have people not knowing what the fuck was going on....

Agreed. It would be pointless to play an entire concert of new songs that nobody has ever heard except some downloaders on the Net.

However, I do think they could have changed the setlist to add a few different songs from the AFD and Illusions era.

actually pink floyd in the classic era would regularly play their latest album before it was released throughout the concert without stopping...I know they introduced dark side, wish you were here, and definitely animals like that. on animals tour they introduced the huge balloon pig to fly up and about the audience

Did anyone here minus the folks that know better realize that this setlist is entirely new to Florida?

I mean, we know everything that goes on with the band because we spend time on these forums and granted have seen this setlist over and over-

But there are probably 1000's of people there who haven't heard The Blues, Better, Madagascar and the like live and it is a new thing for them-

Just thought I might point this out being that this technically is the beginning of the US tour for those that were not lucky enough to see a warm up show-

Well said

your missing the point. THEY ARE NOT TOURING FOR APPETITE, THEY ARE TOURING FOR CHINESE DE FUCKING MOCRACY.

it doesnt matter that they dont know the new shit. tough for them. im very sure that they will fall in love with it anyway. and plus, axl wont rob them of the hits and a couple of less popular songs. jesus, this is supposed to be for a new album, not one from 20 fucking years ago.

The only people missing the point here are you and a certain group of fucktards who I'm pretty sure are only here to complain.

Besides Pearl Jam - and they did it ONCE that I'm aware of - bands do NOT play an entire new album on tour, because people don't know the fucking songs. You break in new material over time. GNR needs to appeal to people who want to hear the classics and may not even have heard the leaks. They play from 4 to 6 new songs a night - Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar, Better, I.R.S., and there's always the chance of TWAT.

That's pretty much average for any band with a new album. You don't get any more than that on ANY major bands new album tour. If you did, you'd have people not knowing what the fuck was going on.

IMO you and certain others are being pricks because you've seen the setlist online. Guess what people at the show's HAVEN'T. They don't read the setlist from every show, go to these boards, etc. They don't leech bootlegs. The net really has spoiled some people.

"tough for them" is not the way to win over fans. You're coming off as a spoiled brat who thinks the band only plays to others like who to check shit online everyday.

Sorry to the rest for this rant.

Or does anyone else think it's a great idea for GNR to play buckets of new material at one show prior to the album dropping?

5 new tracks would be perfect. And when I hit a show I'd love to see Used to Love Her.

ok, so essentially, your saying that 4-6 new songs is enough to make people go buy the album. sorry to burst your bubble, but people will forget about the new stuff the moment a "classic" song starts. sure, they may thing about it later, but i doubt it will be enough to make them buy the album, especially when its so much easier for them to download it.

4-6? ONE good single sells an album in the pathetic shape the music industry is now. With 4-6 tracks YES, GNR will catch people's interest. You don't overload them. If they didn't play the classics half the crowd would go home pissed. Seriously, go find me another band save Pearl Jam (who are becoming the new Grateful Dead) who do more than that off a new album. You're not bursting my bubble, you just don't seem to have a CLUE about how albums/tours tie in together. You're worried about people downloading so apparently you think it's a great idea to play a bunch of unleaked songs tonight.

The band is doing exactly what they should be doing - mixing new material with the classics. A new song or two between a block of classic stuff. You don't just ram new material down the casual fans throat. My only concern is the lack of Illusions material. I'd much rather have Civil War or Dust N' Bones (ok that's an Izzy song) than Think About You.

Well, keep in mind that if the band plays a new track, they know that it will be immediately recorded, put onto an MP3 and uploaded onto the internet for the entire world to hear before the show is even over. And I'm not sure that's what they want to happen before the album is released.

hellooo, welcome to 2007 !!

You picked the wrong broad to make fun of there, McFly.

Want me to punch him in the face, drag him outside and beat the shit out of him, Maddy?

:rofl-lol:

... Besides Pearl Jam - and they did it ONCE that I'm aware of - bands do NOT play an entire new album on tour, because people don't know the fucking songs. You break in new material over time. GNR needs to appeal to people who want to hear the classics and may not even have heard the leaks. They play from 4 to 6 new songs a night - Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar, Better, I.R.S., and there's always the chance of TWAT.

That's pretty much average for any band with a new album. You don't get any more than that on ANY major bands new album tour. If you did, you'd have people not knowing what the fuck was going on....

actually pink floyd in the classic era would regularly play their latest album before it was released throughout the concert without stopping...I know they introduced dark side, wish you were here, and definitely animals like that. on animals tour they introduced the huge balloon pig to fly up and about the audience

Roger Waters stills uses that pig on his tours, heh

Intro (Same As Before)"

"Welcome to the Jungle"

"It's So Easy"

"Mr. Brownstone"

"Live & Let Die"

"Robin Solo"

"Sweet Child O' Mine"

"Knockin' On Heaven's Door"

"You Could Be Mine"

"Dizzy Jam"

"The Blues"

"Richard Solo"

"Out Ta Get Me"

"Better"

"November Rain"

"IRS"

"Bumblefoot Solo (Don't Cry)"

"My Michelle (w/Bach)"

"Patience"

"Nightrain"

"Chinese Democracy"

"Paradise City"

... actually pink floyd in the classic era would regularly play their latest album before it was released throughout the concert without stopping...I know they introduced dark side, wish you were here, and definitely animals like that. on animals tour they introduced the huge balloon pig to fly up and about the audience

Yes, but this was before the internet when nobody could record it and pre-release it to the world before the concert ended.