GNR Tour Kickoff Show ... 10.24.06 Sunrise Florida USA

Hanoi Rocks

Im sorry but I thought this was a guns n roses forum?

You people who are complaining they didnt play the whole new album would have been pissed if you were there and they didn't play a single song that got you obssesed with them in the first place. So stop acting like a bunch of babies that aren't getting enough personal attention. I'd love to hear lots of new songs too, but considering some of us have waited years to hear them I'd rather feel like the wait was worth it and not have the whole thing spoiled before it's released. If this record comes out and we already had demos/live recordings of all of it you all would be seriously let down. Unless of course you didnt plan on buying it anyway - In which case you should, in the words of axl "Fuck off!"

So freedom of speech isn't allowed on a Guns N' Roses forum? :rolleyes:

I'm a huge Axl fan but I'm not so far up his ass that I follow him blindly. This is a Guns N' Roses forum and you are free to make constructive negative comments if you wish. Now you're clearly overexaggerating certain members wants by saying they are whining that they didn't play the whole new album. I agree it would be annoying to be at the show and listen to a bunch of songs that you didn't know but no-one has suggested that. People just seem to think that the balance between new and old songs should be tipped slightly more into the direction of the new era. After all, this is a new line-up and they are expected to be releasing a new album before the end of the year yet they persist on playing a set dominated by old songs. I don't think it's unfair to ask for one unheard song to be played which is what most people are suggesting. Christ, most of the "new" songs they play anyways are over 4 years old!

I suggest you find your way out of Axl's ass. Most people on here are in there somewhere but man you're way too far in. I love the new band, I love Axl but I know that not everything they do is right.

Don't forget, Axl doesn't particularly want anymore new material bootlegged before the album drops.

Edited by Leigh-Rok!

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You people who are complaining they didnt play the whole new album would have been pissed if you were there and they didn't play a single song that got you obssesed with them in the first place. So stop acting like a bunch of babies that aren't getting enough personal attention. I'd love to hear lots of new songs too, but considering some of us have waited years to hear them I'd rather feel like the wait was worth it and not have the whole thing spoiled before it's released. If this record comes out and we already had demos/live recordings of all of it you all would be seriously let down. Unless of course you didnt plan on buying it anyway - In which case you should, in the words of axl "Fuck off!"

I'm a huge Axl fan but I'm not so far up his ass that I follow him blindly. This is a Guns N' Roses forum and you are free to make constructive negative comments if you wish. Now you're clearly overexaggerating certain members wants by saying they are whining that they didn't play the whole new album. I agree it would be annoying to be at the show and listen to a bunch of songs that you didn't know but no-one has suggested that. People just seem to think that the balance between new and old songs should be tipped slightly more into the direction of the new era. After all, this is a new line-up and they are expected to be releasing a new album before the end of the year yet they persist on playing a set dominated by old songs. I don't think it's unfair to ask for one unheard song to be played which is what most people are suggesting. Christ, most of the "new" songs they play anyways are over 4 years old!

I suggest you find your way out of Axl's ass. Most people on here are in there somewhere but man you're way too far in. I love the new band, I love Axl but I know that not everything they do is right.

Wow - 1st off - I never said people shouldnt voice there opinions and I wasnt attacking anyone personally. If you got offended well tough titty.

2nd - I'm not up axl's ass just because i think it would be illogical at this point to keep leaking more and more songs off of one of the most highly anticipated rock albums of all time.

3rd - this is an album 14 or so in the making so every song off the record could be possibly be at least four years old.

4th - I wouldnt mind switching up some of the older songs but most people at these shows are either new fans or fans that havent seen or heard of GNR in years.

Edited by afterthebath

I think we will hear and see a new setlist if there is a release of Chinese Democracy

That I truly hope for.

Regarding the need for the band to play new unheard songs, I think the band is playing enough new songs as it is. At least until CD is released. Guys, we got 3 new songs this year and yet some of you keep asking for just one more. :monkey:

Regarding the set-list, I agree, it's getting a little too predictable. Wouldn't hurt to put some variety into it.

Don't forget, Axl doesn't particularly want anymore new material bootlegged before the album drops.

Fair enough but then he could at least talk about the album a little. We're apparently weeks away from the first Guns album in over a decade and still no release date. At the moment, we're in limbo. If you give a release date then I'll be more content with the setlist they're playing but Axl is still being tightlipped about the album and so the fans have virtually nothing to feed upon.

First . . . ATTACK the issue or post and NOT the person who posted it. We all have different thoughts and opinions. Let's keep the forum civil by debating and discussing and even arguing about the specific issue at hand and NOT just resort to personal attacks against hte people making the posts.

Second . . . die-hard fans want a new song. Simple as that. Because we've heard The Blues, CD, Maddy and Ryad since 2002. And we've heard Better, IRS, TWAT and CITR for almost a year now. Die-hard fans want the tour to be for THEM and not geared toward the "average" fan.

AS FOR ME PERSONALLY?

Well, I saw the Tacoma show in 2002. It was awesome. But, I live in a state where GnR isn't going to play. I'm gonna have to fly on a jet, rent a car, stay in a hotel room, take time off work - if I wanna see this tour. I'm looking at $1,500 minimum to see one show. The set-list tonight really only has two songs that weren't played at the show I went to in 02 - Better and IRS. (Maybe an old song was changed, I don't recall).

So is it worth $1,500 to me to get to hear two new songs live???? Probably not.

And no, I don't just go see a show from any band, to only hear new songs. And every concert, regardless of what songs are played, can turn into a classic performance that will give you memories for a lifetime.

But because they are primarly playing old songs, I'm probably not going to attend a show on this tour, as much as I love Better.

Now if this tour eventually adds say 2 new songs. Then the next album is released and 3-4 more songs are played live - then I'll without a doubt pay my hard-earned cash and catch a show.

If I was 18 and had no responsibilities in life, I'd go to as many concerts as humanly possible. It'd be a blast to follow a band and watch several shows on a tour. But I'm not, and now have to pick and choose. I'm a die-hard fan though, believe that. But I need a couple new songs before I can go again.

Just my opinion!

P.S.

And I agree with changing up the set-list a bit.

Obviously you keep the classics that everybody loves: Jungle, SCOM, Nov Rain, YCBM, Nightrain, PC, Patience, Don't Cry

Then throw in Better, IRS, The Blues, CD and Maddy

But how about giving us some variety on the less played songs?

Civil War

Dont Damn Me

Yesterdays

Used To Love Her

Coma

One In A Million

Estranged

Personally, I think it's time to lay Out Ta Get Me, KOHD and Live and Let Die to rest.

Personally, I would rather them add more UYI songs than CD songs. I honestly dont want to hear anymore songs off CD until its released, I already feel like ive heard to many songs off it with just the leaks and live songs, dont want to hear anything else.

Edited by mahimahi

P.S.

Obviously you keep the classics that everybody loves: Jungle, SCOM, Nov Rain, YCBM, Nightrain, PC, Patience, Don't Cry

Civil War

Dont Damn Me

Yesterdays

Used To Love Her

Coma

One In A Million

Estranged

Personally, I think it's time to lay Out Ta Get Me, KOHD and Live and Let Die to rest.

i aggree they need to put those to rest

P.S.

Civil War

Dont Damn Me

Yesterdays

Used To Love Her

Coma

One In A Million

Estranged

Yeah, Out Ta Get Me and Live and Let Die should be dropped but I would keep Knockin' On Heaven's Door- I love the new version! I'd like it if they brought back Civil War, I think the new band would do a great version of it.

P.S.

Civil War

Dont Damn Me

Yesterdays

Used To Love Her

Coma

One In A Million

Estranged

Don't Damn Me and One In A Million certainly will not be played again. Don't Damn Me has never been played live before and Axl probably cannot manage it anymore. One In A Million of course hasn't been played live since 1988 as many people perceive it as being racist. I really see Coma being played ever again either; Slash was involved quite heavily in that song.

Edited by LCG

P.S.

Civil War

Dont Damn Me

Yesterdays

Used To Love Her

Coma

One In A Million

Estranged

I have to agree about OTGM and LALD. They are great songs, but I think the band needs to move away from them.

i don't understand all the people bashing the band for playing the same set-list. 99% of bands do that. these shows are for the people in attendance, not a bunch of message board fanboys in another state or country. to these people this is a whole new experience. the only bands that play a differnent set every night are jam bands like the Black Crowes, who don't have much of a stage show by the way. with GNR you've got an amazing lightshow and pyro which have to be co-ordinated ahead of time to #1) go with the music, and #2) the musicians on stage have to know where and when the blasts are gonna go off so they don't get "Spinal-Tapped"! changing songs every night is just not an option and it's only a "disappointment" to those that sit at their computer for four hours waiting on updates.

Edited by artfromtex

i don't understand all the people bashing the band for playing the same set-list. 99% of bands do that. these shows are for the people in attendance, not a bunch of message board fanboys in another state or country. to these people this is a whole new experience. the only bands that play a differnent set every night are jam bands like the Black Crowes, who don't have much of a stage show by the way. with GNR you've got an amazing lightshow and pyro which have to be co-ordinated ahead of time to #1) go with the music, and #2) the musicians on stage have to know where and when the blasts are gonna go off so they don't get "Spinal-Tapped"! changing songs every night is just not an option and it's only a "disappointment" to those that sit at their computer for four hours waiting on updates.

EXACTLY, and what is the point in playing songs nobody knows anyway... 95% of the people at the concert don't know any of the new songs.. People are just standing still, don't know the music nor the lyrics... After the album is released and more and more people get to know the new songs they can add more songs to the set-list. They rather play old songs for a crowd thats going wild than playing new songs that nobody knows and there is no reaction. Not everybody is a message board fanboy