CD Announcement?

fallingred85

Since this was one of the first venue's to sell out, and considering Axl's endearment for the city anyway. Perhaps this could be an appropriate place to make an announcement or at least introduce a brand new song. MSG will have the biggest crowd so far on the North American tour, this might just make a little bit of sense.

Any thoughts?

It's an interesting theory, however there's no point building hype for it. All that will happen is people will complain when it doesn't happen. If he does then fantastic, lets enjoy it when it happens! until then, let's not get our expectations up!

or Axl might say that they're going back into the studio to do the "final touches," and he'll see us again next year with new songs. :unsure:

I think that this would be the worst case scenario...

i think that would be horrible as well, how much longer do we have to wait this thing?

As soon as Axl realizes that this quote also applies to albums.

"A poem is never finished, only abandoned." ~Paul Valéry

there better be an announcement during that show at the latest or time is running out to release CD in a proper way in 2006!

finishing touches is fine,but why would that stop them from playing it anyway? this man is complicated

:blink: no shit :lol:

Ummm, every time we've made predictions they've been flat-out wrong. Everyone thought that they would use the World Series as a promotional tool. They didn't. Everyone thought the "Better" Harley commercial would start on the 24th with the start of the tour. It didn't. A lot of folks even thought the album would be announced on that day or even a single would be released. Neither happened. So just sit back and stop making predictions. Something might eventually happen, but at this point it's a waste of energy to get all excited over something that likely won't happen.

or Axl might say that they're going back into the studio to do the "final touches," and he'll see us again next year with new songs. :unsure:

I think that this would be the worst case scenario...

i think that would be horrible as well, how much longer do we have to wait this thing?

As soon as Axl realizes that this quote also applies to albums.

"A poem is never finished, only abandoned." ~Paul Valéry

this is a great quote. and it does fit axl and this album.

I see no real reason for an announcement at this, or any other show.

He never talks about the album ever. Seriously, not a word. The last thing I recall is the HOB shows in 2001 where he called CD "something we will finish, godwilling."

So that's 5 years. Why is he all of the sudden going to get chatty??

Since this was one of the first venue's to sell out, and considering Axl's endearment for the city anyway. Perhaps this could be an appropriate place to make an announcement or at least introduce a brand new song. MSG will have the biggest crowd so far on the North American tour, this might just make a little bit of sense.

Any thoughts?

I like your thinking and i hope so. I want to hear "chinese democracy" (song people) proper studio version because i love that song maybe more than the other's i have heard. well maybe not the blues but we will see

It would be wonderful of course, but as far as I know Axl has never made any sort of official statement from the stage regarding CD or anything else for that matter during the tour. Such an announcement wouldn't have the impact of a press release or strategic advertising. I think that the release of the album-if it's coming this year at all-is such a delicate matter that it won't be mentioned until the date is set in stone and there is no turning back.

The time and place to do it would have been at the MTV-Thing - he had millions of eyes on him and all he had to do was put a date on his shirt - Even if he put a December date on it - " December -2006" - it would have only helped -

I hope you're right, but I don't think so my friend