Press statement on canceled Portland show

madison

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so what are we supposed to hate Axl now....no way,I'll still be a fan even if he never releases the album

No, that won't make you stay a fan - you'll become Axl's Nuttswinger, like a lot of people here already are.

You can't justify Axl's every (might even wrong) move....

M.

Funny how Europe accepts washed up artists from the US with open arms...it proves nothing. Europe is always second fiddle to the US...

Thank you for proving that you're an ignorant idiot with your head to far up your own arse.

Stop giving your fellow Americans such a bad name with statements like this.

Amen! Thank you, Ron! Getting tired of idiots like Kaneda and Da Illest saying moronic things like that. Truth is that the EU and US are very similar now; both are better than the other in certain areas, but overall they're quite equal. :)

Amen to that, my EU and US friends. Both Europe and the United States brought forth some amazing music artists over the years. I'm proud to be an European, and I'm proud that I had the opportunity to study in the US for 1 semester. Both are great continents with great cultures. For a stupid dickless horse-blowing bed-pisser like Kaneda to use cultural difference between forum members for the sole purpose of causing fans from different continents to diss eachother, I think the motherfucker should be banned!!!

Give him the attention he needs: Shoot the bastard!!!

I am proud to be European? What the fuck does that mean? Europe isnt a fucking country you fool. I am British, and proud of my tradition and heritage. I deserve the right to that just as anybody from any country does. But there are parts of Europe I wouldnt piss on if it wasnt on fire. Stop collectively tagging us, we each have our own views and cultures. America cannot be compared to Europe!

True. I don't feel "european" and I'm very sure that at least 90% of the people that live in europe don't feel european either. It means nothing to me (to us). It would be like an American feeling "North American". North America being Canada, the US, Mexico and Cuba. Continent <--> Country. I feel Dutch. That's my herritage. Not any other country. I get the feeling sometimes that from america (obviously not by everybody, but still) "europe" is being viewed as this one thing while nobody that lives here thinks of it that way.

It didn't help that the EU adopted a singular currency; the euro. I think that reinforces the idea that the EU countries are joined as part of a larger neo-nation. And for those of us that have stocks, bonds or monitor the dollars value on the open market, we compare it to the strength of the Yen and the Euro; not the British pound or French franc, for instance. Just an observation. :)

Edited by rocketking

Why does everyone panic after one cancled show?

2002 :(

We should really put 2002 behind us I mean it was a different band everything was different back then but the ball is rolling right now for Guns N Roses and the Euro Tour prooved that. We had a slight bump in the road but everything will be fine tomorrow night.

Id just like to throw out there that Kaneda in no way represents Americans. Youd be surprised how many of us DONT have the "dick swinging, try and stop us, these colors dont run" mentality that we've been labeled for. Kaneda may have SOME legit points about GNR but throwing international affairs into the mix is unnecessary and opens a can of worms that doesnt need to be opened.

so what are we supposed to hate Axl now....no way,I'll still be a fan even if he never releases the album

No, that won't make you stay a fan - you'll become Axl's Nuttswinger, like a lot of people here already are.

You can't justify Axl's every (might even wrong) move....

M.

who's saying that I'm justifiyg his every move, I'm not currently here making up excuses for his actions,am I, you people the socalled "Axl-bashers" seem to think that I'm an asskisser just because I'm not posting about how it sucks being a GNR fan/why Axl is selfish because he did/didn't do this....stop taking everything to the extreme's

Why does everyone panic after one cancled show?

2002 :(

We should really put 2002 behind us I mean it was a different band everything was different back then but the ball is rolling right now for Guns N Roses and the Euro Tour prooved that. We had a slight bump in the road but everything will be fine tomorrow night.

Tell that to the people that went there only to find out the show was cancelled after they had paid for the hotel and driven several hours to get there. It's always a small bump in the road to the supporters until it actually effects them.

They lied (again). That is a major problem that people have. They blamed someone else (again). That is a major problem.

Edited by Urlacher54

I had finally gotten my chance,after a 19 year wait,to see GnR live in concert. Pulled out my Appetite tshirt from high school,got myself all pumped...then 2 hours before the show is to begin,he cancels. What happened in Portland Axl? You bummed because the show didn't sell out in such a hick state as Maine? awww no it's the Fire Marshalls fault. Blame them because your poor,pathetic ego took a shot. I tried to ignore all the crap that he's done in his career...leaving shows early,cancelling altogether because of his temper tantrums..not to mention the botched plastic surgery and god awful cornrolls. I thought..no...after all these years...I'll get my chance to see my favorite band ever,the band I partied to endlessly in high school and beyond. It's funny...Motley Crue had lots of pyrotechnics and was able to play in Portland. Even if they had to downplay the effects I highly doubt they would have cancelled the whole damn show and disappoint those that had spent money and time to get there. Those antics were "cute" and "tolerable" back when GnR was on top. Now those antics make GnR look ignorant and disrespectful. It's not about the fans. It's about his ego. Well Mr. Rose,you're a bit too old and plastic now to be cute and tolerable. Time to up your dosage of Prozac and check into reality. You lost 4 fans here, and probably many more in those that held tickets to your show last night. No wonder you've been washed up for the past 10 years.

Good luck and may karma bite your uppity ass...your "fans" will rejoice in that day.

:sleeper::sleeper::sleeper::sleeper::sleeper:

It didn't help that the EU adopted a singular currency; the euro. I think that reinforces the idea that the EU countries are joined as part of a larger neo-nation. And for those of us that have stocks, bonds or monitor the dollars value on the open market, we compare it to the strength of the Yen and the Euro; not the British pound or French franc, for instance. Just an observation. :)

Agreed and fair point. But it's merely the goverments that excepted that. The people of most countries were very strongly against it but it was forced down our throats. For example a few years later with the european constitution there were nationwide votes in a few countries and it was massively voted down. The "entity" exists but the people generaly don't believe in it. Some main concerns in there are exactly the loss of own identity and culture. Many people still want their old currencies back instead of the euro.

Exactly

I'm British, not European. I know here in the UK there was some pretty vicious protesting against the euro and thank God we haven't been drawn into it...yet. I hope we never will, but we'll see.

Haha, and how many GNR shows have you been to in 2006?

You can't complain if you don't go to the shows and don't know what's going in Axls mind or you apart of the GNR team. They DONT need to promote because they ARE selling tickets. Just because they are a big band they don't have to make there promotion bigger than some other bands. Especially when it's not the original GNR and they're selling tickets.

(they could have showed footage of the new line up :rolleyes: )

CONCERT AXL'ED - STREAMING MEDIA TELEVISON NEWS REPORT..

They've been rocking cities for 25 years, but Guns 'N Roses left Portland fans on a bad note when they cancelled Monday night's show.

A jungle of angry fans is what Guns 'N Roses left behind after they called off the show.

Portland fans didn't get to see the band take the stage, but they did get to see the crew take it apart.

Papa Roach lead singer, Jacobey Shaddix and drummer, Dave Buckner are on tour with Guns 'N Roses. So when they cancel, their fans are out of luck too.

The 3,000 ticket holders can get a full refund.

The Civic Center suggests going back to the vendor you purchased them from.

Posted by: Nicole Waite, Producer

Edited by dobadog

Funny how Europe accepts washed up artists from the US with open arms...it proves nothing. Europe is always second fiddle to the US...

Or more likely it's because Europe has a HUGE Guns N' Roses fanbase and we love having the guys back on tour.

But yeah, of course, it's because we're deprived of good music and want to look in amazement to anything from America. :rolleyes:

lol! Loving the sarcasm!!!

To be honest i think most of the music coming out of the US and UK is shite!!! I'm mainly hoping CD comes out and makes an impact so it shows people some decent music, i could careless about anything else these days! :P

LIZ

You can't complain if you don't go to the shows and don't know what's going in Axls mind or you apart of the GNR team. They DONT need to promote because they ARE selling tickets. Just because they are a big band they don't have to make there promotion bigger than some other bands. Especially when it's not the original GNR and they're selling tickets.

You can't complain if you don't go to the shows? What if you went to the show only to find out it was cancelled. Can you complain then since you didn't get to see a show?

They are selling tickets, they just aren't selling enough of them. 3K for a major act is an embarrassment anywhere. Izzy has had bigger solo shows than that.

Agreed and fair point. But it's merely the goverments that accepted that. The people of most countries were very strongly against it but it was forced down our throats. For example a few years later with the european constitution there were nationwide votes in a few countries and it was massively voted down. The "entity" exists but the people generaly don't believe in it. Some main concerns in there are exactly the loss of own identity and culture. Many people still want their old currencies back instead of the euro.

Yeah, that's where it becomes a slippery slope; the governements want what makes sense on a global scale, meaning a more centralized power structure to rival (or balance out) the influence of the US and China, promote easier economic trade within Europe and stabilize the lesser economies (hence the Euro), and have a secondary council should NATO fall apart in the future. But the inevitable baggage that accompanies that is the perception that, like the US, the EU is its own neo-nation and all of it's inhabitants fall under the "European" umbrella, which over time would cause the loss of self-identity and culture as each nation slowly assimilates into the new Europe. Kind of a shame, really...

I think you know it but francs dont exist anymore.. ;)

Agreed and fair point. But it's merely the goverments that excepted that. The people of most countries were very strongly against it but it was forced down our throats. For example a few years later with the european constitution there were nationwide votes in a few countries and it was massively voted down. The "entity" exists but the people generaly don't believe in it. Some main concerns in there are exactly the loss of own identity and culture. Many people still want their old currencies back instead of the euro.

Exactly

I'm British, not European. I know here in the UK there was some pretty vicious protesting against the euro and thank God we haven't been drawn into it...yet. I hope we never will, but we'll see.

Here Here!!! I think if we went Euro i'd have to leave!! :anger:

I honestly don't think anything is too wrong in the GNR camp, i also think people haven't been reading that press release properly, i suppose i should be used to that by now, on here and every other GNR forum :rolleyes:

LIZ

You can't complain if you don't go to the shows? What if you went to the show only to find out it was cancelled. Can you complain then since you didn't get to see a show?

Yeah, the whole you have to see a show thing is silly. But I'm pretty sure Kaneda has seen GN'R this year (in May in NY). He saw them in 2002 as well. So there goes that line of reasoning.

Having said that, bands do cancel shows. I think it's a little much to declare the tour and Axl's career are over because of one canceled show. And I really don't see them putting names in a PR if it was all a total fabrication. So people, chill out a bit. In a few days I'm sure the tour will continue and this non-event will be more or less forgotten.

But why GN'R insist on doing so many shows without a single/album/any promotion is beyond me. This is the reason for most of their problems.

Edited by KBear

I think you know it but francs dont exist anymore.. ;)

Yeah, that was the point. That with the abolition of the Franc and other currencies, it helped solidify the notion that European countries were forming into a new, larger country under "Europe". That when we see the pound, or the franc, it re-inforces that nation's soveigntry and independence.