Press statement on canceled Portland show

madison

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I Fucking hate papa roach - first they went from a crappy nu-metal band to a wanna be scremo band, then they bad mouth axl the other day for being late, now they say -"if it was our tour we'll play." talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. And to think I have to sit through them at MSG. You'd think they would at least once go to bat for GNR and try and tell the press about the firemarshal situation, but nooooooo they try an save face to the fans they never had . I look foward to them trying to jump on the next musical band wagon so people can finally see them for the posers they are.

It doesn't matter what they think . They are insignificant , everybody knows they are a joke . I was laughing listening to their comments.

One more thing to the suicidal fans afraid of axl canceling their show, the number of tickets sold by 5 or 6 pm means shit. do you how many people go to concerts at the last minute? the place would have been at least 75% full and that would have been fine with axl even IF he cancelled for that reason. but i know they wouldn't lie and name two fire marshal fucks in the process.

Exactly. I´m pretty sure they wouldn´t lie about it. BUT they can always use it as an excuse to cover some other reason. In this case I don´t think the GnR-camp is that stupid. Why cancel a show because the lack of ticket sales to risk to sell even less tickets upcoming shows? And I don´t even think the audience would have been 3000. Add 1500 to that number and I think we getting pretty close. Without an album and weak promotion Think 4500 out of 6000 is pretty god. It seems to be more and more common that people buy tickets at the place.

This is just par for the course. I don't like "Papa Roach" but at least the singer and drummer showed some testicular fortitude by actually talking to the press....

I have to agree.

I don't know why some people here are dissing Papa Roach for trying to apologize to their fans for not doing a show. Nothing wrong with that. And the lead singer didn't diss Axl or GNR - He just said they'd come back to play Portland again when they were headlining their own tour.

This is exactly why I didn't buy a ticket this time around. I was burned in 2002, but not again. I'll just live with my memories from the original band.

Sadly, there is likely more of this sentiment than people care to admit.

I didn't expect another show in Philly because I doubt he'd have the balls to ever show his face here. But still, I was kind of bummed we didn't get a date.

Then we have last night. Which just reminded me that Axl Rose is simply not a reliable professional.

Shame.

Is history repeating itself or what? I wouldn't even be surprised if Friday's night show at MSG isn't the last concert these guys play (the same way it was in 2002). There's just no interest for this glorified cover band until they drop and album and with the poor ticket sales, Axl cancelling shows, the backlash that will result, Axl's fragile ego will want to "quit" once again.

You know I keep trying to figure out why this half-assed tour/no promotion/cryptic releases/blame everyone situation continues to unfold. I think it's quite obvious: Axl Rose has pissed off everyone that ever cared about him or was willing to work with him to succeed, and he's surrounded himself with "Yes" men that don't know what the fuck they are doing. I think it's sort of obvious that Axl needs that counter weight to succeed, but he doesn't have it anymore. To say Merk is the biggest pointless piece of shit manager ever is an understatement.

I work in Public Relations, and that GNR press release that went out yesterday was the worst press release I've ever read. They sound like a bunch of babies blaming everyone but themselves. Poor baby Axl can't light off his fireworks so the show is off? Get the fuck out of here.

Since the beginning of this tour, the end was eminent. When you tour with no album, tour to promote an album that doesn't exist and use hired guns to play music others made famous, and top it all off with hitting the stage at midnight, Axl Rose has produced the worst comeback of his career. At least in 2002 we had Buckethead to wow us...this shit now just sucks.

Is history repeating itself or what? I wouldn't even be surprised if Friday's night show at MSG isn't the last concert these guys play (the same way it was in 2002). There's just no interest for this glorified cover band until they drop and album and with the poor ticket sales, Axl cancelling shows, the backlash that will result, Axl's fragile ego will want to "quit" once again.

You know I keep trying to figure out why this half-assed tour/no promotion/cryptic releases/blame everyone situation continues to unfold. I think it's quite obvious: Axl Rose has pissed off everyone that ever cared about him or was willing to work with him to succeed, and he's surrounded himself with "Yes" men that don't know what the fuck they are doing. I think it's sort of obvious that Axl needs that counter weight to succeed, but he doesn't have it anymore. To say Merk is the biggest pointless piece of shit manager ever is an understatement.

I work in Public Relations, and that GNR press release that went out yesterday was the worst press release I've ever read. They sound like a bunch of babies blaming everyone but themselves. Poor baby Axl can't light off his fireworks so the show is off? Get the fuck out of here.

Since the beginning of this tour, the end was eminent. When you tour with no album, tour to promote an album that doesn't exist and use hired guns to play music others made famous, and top it all off with hitting the stage at midnight, Axl Rose has produced the worst comeback of his career. At least in 2002 we had Buckethead to wow us...this shit now just sucks.

shut up

seriously

Kaneda could you just.. FUCK OFF!

im sick and tired of your idiotic topics that repeat themselves again and again.. Cant you think anything else in your slow head!?

Edited by .Seal

Will people stop stating that European tour cemented this a successful tour! FUCK THAT! Axl played at fucking rock festivals for the most part, people were not just there to see him. Also, people in Europe are not who he needs to win over, it's here in the US that Axl needs to prove himself. And he's failing once again.

Will people stop stating that European tour cemented this a successful tour! FUCK THAT! Axl played at fucking rock festivals for the most part, people were not just there to see him. Also, people in Europe are not who he needs to win over, it's here in the US that Axl needs to prove himself. And he's failing once again.

You arrogant fucking prick, guess what?

Axl and the band came to the UK-Europe and blew crowds away, aswell as the crowds blowing the band away.

I was at the SECC and the Appollo, 2 of the best nights of my life, why exactly does he need to prove anything across the pond?, what so people like you can slate him no matter how good he is!