Press statement on canceled Portland show

madison

Will people stop stating that European tour cemented this a successful tour! FUCK THAT! Axl played at fucking rock festivals for the most part, people were not just there to see him. Also, people in Europe are not who he needs to win over, it's here in the US that Axl needs to prove himself. And he's failing once again.

Well, you're right on some points. The US crowd is much tougher to win over than us in Europe, it seems, and it's extremely important he wins them over soon.

However, GN'R played to over 700,000 fans in Euorpe this summer. Many of whom were in arena shows ALL there to see GNR. Just look at the UK leg of the tour, if that wasn't a success I don't know what is.

Europe showed that Axl can pull off a good tour, it's just a shame things seem to be much harder in the US than over here. I'm not sure why that is. Mostly because of 2002 probably.

Edited by Slash's Appetite

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how Europe accepts washed up artists from the US with open arms...it proves nothing. Europe is always second fiddle to the US...

Or more likely it's because Europe has a HUGE Guns N' Roses fanbase and we love having the guys back on tour.

But yeah, of course, it's because we're deprived of good music and want to look in amazement to anything from America. :rolleyes:

Edited by Slash's Appetite

Will people stop stating that European tour cemented this a successful tour! FUCK THAT! Axl played at fucking rock festivals for the most part, people were not just there to see him. Also, people in Europe are not who he needs to win over, it's here in the US that Axl needs to prove himself. And he's failing once again.

What so you just render us Europeans void? Fuck you man. Maybe Guns like playing in Europe because we give them a chance? Every single review of the US tour that has been published so far has been exceptionally positive so what the bloody hell are you moaning about?

They cancel a single show and that means Guns N' Roses are reaching an end? :huh: You don't really have a job do you? No one can work in Public Relations and still be that fuckin' stupid :no:

This whole 'Chinese Democracy' thing is about to take off and I gaurentee I am right.

Funny how Europe accepts washed up artists from the US with open arms...it proves nothing. Europe is always second fiddle to the US...

If he is so washed up then fuck off.

Second fiddle?

Yeah you produced Justin Timberlake and Britney.........great fucking musical legacy.

If Axl is such a fuck then why do you come here with a hard on and the same tired boring fucking topics day in day out?, because your fucking tired pathetic existence is based around Axl and this board.Your a cock puppet.

Just fuck off and find a band the appeals to your homo erotic lusts ;)

I dont know why you watse so much energy keeping track of this band and posting this shit if you really do feel this way. If your sick of it, put your money where your mouth is. Dont buy tickets, and dont buy CD when it comes out. That will show Axl :drevil:

If he is so washed up then fuck off.

Second fiddle?

Yeah you produced Justin Timberlake and Britney.........great fucking musical legacy.

If Axl is such a fuck then why do you come here with a hard on and the same tired boring fucking topics day in day out?, because your fucking tired pathetic existence is based around Axl and this board.Your a cock puppet.

Just fuck off and find a band the appeals to your homo erotic lusts ;)

He already has tickets to the Culture Club reunion tour next Spring, dude. ;)

Oh you didn't...

Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles... Avril Lavigne... USA! USA! :shocked:

Please consider the source, Axl Kev.

BTW, Avril is from Canada.

here you are

Axl supporters get quite defensive when you hit too close to home Kaneda. Here come some more personal attacks when they can't defend against the post.

:rolleyes:

One person and one post not even in the thread or addressing the specifics of the post. Congrats.

Read the rest of this thread. Far more bashing of the person than picking the post apart. But of course you knew that already.

Actually I think the cancellation was all part of the promotion. They're getting more press and more buzz on the net than if they actually had played last night. So what they pissed off 3 thousand people, they'll get their money back.

Cancelling the show makes the band look relevant, and Axl still a bad ass. I think it was a brilliant idea.

Actually I think the cancellation was all part of the promotion. They're getting more press and more buzz on the net than if they actually had played last night. So what they pissed off 3 thousand people, they'll get their money back.

Cancelling the show makes the band look relevant, and Axl still a bad ass. I think it was a brilliant idea.

I thought that aswell, glad i'm not the only one :P

It IS over if that's their idea of promotion.

You honestly believe that?

I guess it makes some sense, but what a risk, every single incident is a bigger risk that fans, media and band members will get too tired for CD to be aloud to be relevent :o

It IS over if that's their idea of promotion.

RUN Chicken Little! THE SKY IS FALLING!.... THE SKY IS FALLING!...... :scared:

guys guys hush a bye just now.... Uncle Axl and company were in the studio laying down one last track.Portland was a loosing venue and there were not enough justifications for the whole cast and crew to meander over there to set up. None of the concerts have been standing room only. If you got the money honey Axl has your disease.

The Guns and Roses tour was technically finished when they played Argentina. This is a revival show. Kind of like Cats or Phantomof the Opera.. every few years they hire on a new cast and crew and take it to teh backwater towns all over the world.

Typical Kaneda thread, acheiving nothing but pages and pages of people bashing Kaneda for posting the same negative shit.

Chill! The album is coming, but then I suppose you'll complain about the tracks. Lets face it, there will always be something for Kaneda to constructively criticise

This is exactly why I didn't buy a ticket this time around. I was burned in 2002, but not again. I'll just live with my memories from the original band.

:(

Cornell - I got "burned" twice with the original line-up, this shit happens regardless :question:

Isn't it interesting that the only common denominator is Axl? Really has nothing to do with who is in the line-up at all...