Press statement on canceled Portland show

madison

GNR was never about fuckin Pyrotechnics . Good thing that press release is total bullshit because if it were true it would be very pathetic . Fact is that there were only 3,000 people and Axl decided not to show up . I bet you that if the show would have been a sell out they never cancel it. Anybody who believes the Pyro story is a fuckin idiot . This is Axl not fuckin KISS. They don't need pyro to be able to play.

well put, and yet again merck lies to the fans, axl's shown no respect to those 3,000 fans, they made the effort to come out and support this band, and axl's like nah it's not full, i'm a rock star so fuck'em.

i'd be pissed if it happened to me.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GNR was never about fuckin Pyrotechnics . Good thing that press release is total bullshit because if it were true it would be very pathetic . Fact is that there were only 3,000 people and Axl decided not to show up . I bet you that if the show would have been a sell out they never cancel it. Anybody who believes the Pyro story is a fuckin idiot . This is Axl not fuckin KISS. They don't need pyro to be able to play.

rock3

All true. But I don't think anyone really believes the statement from the GNR camp.

I am surprised they couldn't get more than 3K people in Portland. Even without much promotion, that's awful... :blink:

why the hell do u guys think if he misses one show the whole fucking thing is over i mean god damn its only one show you guys did the same thing when the one show on the Euro tour had to be moved back because of Brain's child being born. I mean they say they will be there to play in Worchester what more do u want.

Guys just chill out and relax the tour will continue.

I use to work for a private company that did contracting and building permits through the Dept. of Buildings in N.Y. One of our clients was Roseland Ballroom who, every month had to renew their safetly / capacity permits because like most venue's they don't actually meet the standards for fire safety.

It's definetly within reason to think that if the local firemarshal thaught problems might occure because it was "Guns n' Roses" that they could have the show, A: Shut down B: limit capicity to certain area's ( which wouldn't be fair to turn away people with tickets in specific sections) or C: Have the show go on with no Pyro, lighting rigs and so on.

If this was the case I can definetly believe the statement.

I use to work for a private company that did contracting and building permits through the Dept. of Buildings in N.Y. One of our clients was Roseland Ballroom who, every month had to renew their safetly / capacity permits because like most venue's they don't actually meet the standards for fire safety.

It's definetly within reason to think that if the local firemarshal thaught problems might occure because it was "Guns n' Roses" that they could have the show, A: Shut down B: limit capicity to certain area's ( which wouldn't be fair to turn away people with tickets in specific sections) or C: Have the show go on with no Pyro, lighting rigs and so on.

If this was the case I can definetly believe the statement.

Logic. Thank you!

They canceled it because Axl didn't feel like playing. Plain and simple. This tour is over.

GOOD GOD! Y'all seriously need some meds to get 'Normal' again (pardon the pun)

do you all ACTUALLY THINK they would name names in a lie?

Nelson Collins and Bob Cadigan

even if its about pyrotechnics, it's his art. if it was MY art and someone said, no, welcome to the jungle can't be as cool as everyone in that other thread is talking about, i'd cancel.

Last Night in Jersey

pyrozonetu7.jpg

Edited by OnTheNightTrain

It is really kind of wierd. I am sitting here looking at my tickets for Mon, Dec 30th, 2002 Arco Arena. They never made it to that show, but I saved the tickets anyway, just pinned on the corkboard. I remeber then just thinking, damn, sux, but Axl is Axl. And probobly just went on with my day.

I feel bad for those people who missed out tonight, cause most will probobly not be able to attend the next venue. But you know what, shit happens.

Playoff games got rained out and 45,000 people missed out. yhis year in MLB I am sure alot of them were not able to make it the next time they made it up either. Did a bunch of people say the Cardinals and the Tigers should have played in rain gear with a plastic ball? No, they just said oh well.

I have pix of my tix up against this forum on my comp screen , but dunno how to upload em. If anyone has a place I can host em I will send em over to prove my stubs. I took em up againt post #65 and you can see it clearly (just in case I was doubted). Sux, but lets chill a bit. rock1

It is really kind of wierd. I am sitting here looking at my tickets for Mon, Dec 30th, 2002 Arco Arena. They never made it to that show, but I saved the tickets anyway, just pinned on the corkboard. I remeber then just thinking, damn, sux, but Axl is Axl. And probobly just went on with my day.

I feel bad for those people who missed out tonight, cause most will probobly not be able to attend the next venue. But you know what, shit happens.

Playoff games got rained out and 45,000 people missed out. yhis year in MLB I am sure alot of them were not able to make it the next time they made it up either. Did a bunch of people say the Cardinals and the Tigers should have played in rain gear with a plastic ball? No, they just said oh well.

I have pix of my tix up against this forum on my comp screen , but dunno how to upload em. If anyone has a place I can host em I will send em over to prove my stubs. I took em up againt post #65 and you can see it clearly (just in case I was doubted). Sux, but lets chill a bit. rock1

send me a personal message.

One more thing to the suicidal fans afraid of axl canceling their show, the number of tickets sold by 5 or 6 pm means shit. do you how many people go to concerts at the last minute? the place would have been at least 75% full and that would have been fine with axl even IF he cancelled for that reason. but i know they wouldn't lie and name two fire marshal fucks in the process.

Edited by OnTheNightTrain

From the press release""Axl and the band are very unhappy about not being able to play for the fans in Portland but have been advised after several meetings with local fire marshals Nelson Collins and Bob Cadigan that they have made it impossible for the band to perform their show to the usual high standards that their fans deserve."

See the bolded names there. do you fucking think that GnR lawyers, mangment ect would risk a lawsuit by publicly releasing a false statement and useing the names of the local fire marshals they are dealing with.

If I was Axl and all I read was bullshit cry babies complaining about me and not being happy even after preforming massivly long sets but still people bitch and moan on these forms.

SORRY YOU ARN'T FUCKING FANS YOUR A BUNCH OF CRY BABIES

From the press release""Axl and the band are very unhappy about not being able to play for the fans in Portland but have been advised after several meetings with local fire marshals Nelson Collins and Bob Cadigan that they have made it impossible for the band to perform their show to the usual high standards that their fans deserve."

See the bolded names there. do you fucking think that GnR lawyers, mangment ect would risk a lawsuit by publicly releasing a false statement and useing the names of the local fire marshals they are dealing with.

If I was Axl and all I read was bullshit cry babies complaining about me and not being happy even after preforming massivly long sets but still people bitch and moan on these forms.

Amen to that dude.

Amen to that dude.

double amen, a bunch of fuckers around here who think they know it all.

i think the obvious, logical truth probably goes like this:

the fire marshall people took exception to the pyro/something else (see below)

axl/gnr management got in an arguement with them about it, and it got heated (no pun intended!)

finally, axl being axl, said "fuck this. we're half capacity anyway. let's cyphen some of these fans into the next undersold show, and refund whoever doesnt wanna do that. that gets these dickheads out of my face, gives me a night off, and insures i'll play for more people tomorrow."

the truth is prolly somewhere between the official statement and the fact that the venue was undersold.

also, just because a fire marshall is present doesnt automatically equate pyro problems. fire marshalls come to inspect shows for a litany of resons: pyro, capacities, curfews, the whole deal. most big venues will let artists pay late fees if they wanna play late. however there are a lot of venues (particularly smaller ones) that won't take late fees, b/c they end up getting taxed out the ass on them and have to file all kinds of bullshit paperwork with the city...it's a hassle.

in the NE, where there are more people concentrated in very small areas (as opposed to say texas where everyone is spread out over a HUGE area) there's all kinds of public transportation and police concentration at certain times in certain parts of town, and 3000 extra people driving around full of piss and vinegar after a late rock show can throw all city planning into a tailspin.....

Edited by ohyesindeed

i think the obvious, logical truth probably goes like this:

the fire marshall people took exception to the pyro/something else (see below)

axl/gnr management got in an arguement with them about it, and it got heated (no pun intended!)

finally, axl being axl, said "fuck this. we're half capacity anyway. let's cyphen some of these fans into the next undersold show, and refund whoever doesnt wanna do that. that gets these dickheads out of my face, gives me a night off, and insures i'll play for more people tomorrow."

the truth is prolly somewhere between the official statement and the fact that the venue was undersold.

also, just because a fire marshall is present doesnt automatically equate pyro problems. fire marshalls come to inspect shows for a litany of resons: pyro, capacities, curfews, the whole deal. most big venues will let artists pay late fees if they wanna play late. however there are a lot of venues (particularly smaller ones) that won't take late fees, b/c they end up getting taxed out the ass on them and have to file all kinds of bullshit paperwork with the city...it's a hassle.

in the NE, where there are more people concentrated in very small areas (as opposed to say texas where everyone is spread out over a HUGE area) there's all kinds of public transportation and police concentration at certain times in certain parts of town, and 3000 extra people driving around full of piss and vinegar after a late rock show can throw all city planning into a tailspin.....

that's definitely a better way to theorize and discuss the issue at this point. good points too.

maybe we'll eventually get clarification on exactly which of those issues it was related to. but remember, what ever the issue, the statement already said that green day and other bands had the same parellel issue with no problem. so the local biz people/police/fire marshals might still be picking on axl.

I think they should make a great concert,even without the pyro..sounded like a big excuse.

If the venue had only 3,000 people..those people should be respected,they went to the fuckin' place to see GNR and paid for it.

There's a shit promotion for this tour,that's not the fans' fault.

Well,I really expect that this tour will be sucessful in the end.And hope for an announcement till the end of this week.

I think they should make a great concert,even without the pyro..sounded like a big excuse.

If the venue had only 3,000 people..those people should be respected,they went to the fuckin' place to see GNR and paid for it.

Well,I really expect that this tour will be sucessful in the end.And hope for an announcement till the end of this week.

3,000 was probably an afternoon number. many, many people go to concerts at the last minute. the place would have been 75% full imo

3,000 was probably an afternoon number. many, many people go to concerts at the last minute. the place would have been 75% full imo

Quit holding on to that.

Same day sales NEVER outnumber pre day sales.