Press statement on canceled Portland show

madison

I think they should make a great concert,even without the pyro..sounded like a big excuse.

If the venue had only 3,000 people..those people should be respected,they went to the fuckin' place to see GNR and paid for it.

There's a shit promotion for this tour,that's not the fans' fault.

Well,I really expect that this tour will be sucessful in the end.And hope for an announcement till the end of this week.

3,000 was probably an afternoon number. many, many people go to concerts at the last minute. the place would have been 75% full imo

The only seat tickets left on ticket master were in the back corners high up in the arena...

Maybe there were a ton of pits tickets left?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should make a great concert,even without the pyro..sounded like a big excuse.

If the venue had only 3,000 people..those people should be respected,they went to the fuckin' place to see GNR and paid for it.

Well,I really expect that this tour will be sucessful in the end.And hope for an announcement till the end of this week.

3,000 was probably an afternoon number. many, many people go to concerts at the last minute. the place would have been 75% full imo

Quit holding on to that.

Same day sales NEVER outnumber pre day sales.

I've gone to MANY concerts at the last minute that had 'a few thousand tickets left,' and many of them sold out just after I got there early to get MY tickets.

but i know the number ratios you're talking about, and i'm just saying that there could have been 5,000 people there. they also sometimes saturate the radio with ads on the day of the show if sales are slacking.

The only seat tickets left on ticket master were in the back corners high up in the arena...

that's what bugs me. there's so many axl haters on the net, where did this 3,000 number come from anyway? it's probably an old number. and last i checked, businesses don't just offer that info to any tom, dick or harry. every show has this 'oh no, bad sales.' then we get the fans reporting back with phrases like 'nicely full.'

Edited by OnTheNightTrain

i think the obvious, logical truth probably goes like this:

the fire marshall people took exception to the pyro/something else (see below)

axl/gnr management got in an arguement with them about it, and it got heated (no pun intended!)

finally, axl being axl, said "fuck this. we're half capacity anyway. let's cyphen some of these fans into the next undersold show, and refund whoever doesnt wanna do that. that gets these dickheads out of my face, gives me a night off, and insures i'll play for more people tomorrow."

the truth is prolly somewhere between the official statement and the fact that the venue was undersold.

OhYesIndeedIndeed, you just saved me the touble of posting the very same thing. :)

Quit holding on to that.

I've gone to MANY concerts at the last minute that had 'a few thousand tickets left,' and many of them sold out just after I got there early to get MY tickets.

but i know the number ratios you're talking about, and i'm just saying that there could have been 5,000 people there. they also sometimes saturate the radio with ads on the day of the show if sales are slacking.

that's what bugs me. there's so many axl haters on the net, where did this 3,000 number come from anyway? it's probably an old number. and last i checked, businesses don't just offer that info to any tom, dick or harry. every show has this 'oh no, bad sales.' then we get the fans reporting back with phrases like 'nicely full.'

That's good logic. The Greensboro NC show had low sales until like 8:00 the night of. I found myself surrounded by fans, when I thought it would be easy to get near the band. GNR Canceled tonight and they had their reasons. End of fucking story.

i think the obvious, logical truth probably goes like this:

the fire marshall people took exception to the pyro/something else (see below)

axl/gnr management got in an arguement with them about it, and it got heated (no pun intended!)

finally, axl being axl, said "fuck this. we're half capacity anyway. let's cyphen some of these fans into the next undersold show, and refund whoever doesnt wanna do that. that gets these dickheads out of my face, gives me a night off, and insures i'll play for more people tomorrow."

the truth is prolly somewhere between the official statement and the fact that the venue was undersold.

OhYesIndeedIndeed, you just saved me the touble of posting the very same thing. :)

I agree, im a little glad we didn't all die from an LALD fireball too.

As long as i get my money back... and too bad Portland is boring on a Monday night when you are only 20.

Quit holding on to that.

That's good logic. The Greensboro NC show had low sales until like 8:00 the night of. I found myself surrounded by fans, when I thought it would be easy to get near the band. GNR Canceled tonight and they had their reasons. End of fucking story.

AMEN....whos up for coffee?

This is just par for the course. I don't like "Papa Roach" but at least the singer and drummer showed some testicular fortitude by actually talking to the press. As long as CD comes out this year Axl can cancel all the shows he feels like. If CD isn't coming out this year I hope the winds of shit descend on Axl Rose. I felt really bad for that girl who bought 14 tickets also.

Edited by Randy Lahey

3000 out of 6500?

:o:rofl-lol:

what is funnier than that is Papa Roach telling the fans that they will make it up to them by scheduling a show in Portland. This moron thinks that people are there to see them to lol . It's 3,000 GNR fans douchebag . Now that I think about it i don't blame Axl for cancelling the show tonight . They should book small venues( 1000-2000 capacity) in small cities and big venues in big cities. It's so simple to figure out but GNR is run by morons .

I Fucking hate papa roach - first they went from a crappy nu-metal band to a wanna be scremo band, then they bad mouth axl the other day for being late, now they say -"if it was our tour we'll play." talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. And to think I have to sit through them at MSG. You'd think they would at least once go to bat for GNR and try and tell the press about the firemarshal situation, but nooooooo they try an save face to the fans they never had . I look foward to them trying to jump on the next musical band wagon so people can finally see them for the posers they are.

I dunno where to stand on this, can't say i didn't expect it at some point. America seems to have 'The Fall' effect on the band, in that whenever the band 'The Fall' go over to America, traditionally something always goes horribly fucking wrong mid tour. 1998 the band had a fight on stage and ended the show with only two members from an original five, and this year everyone bar the singer and his wife left the band.

I don't get what keeps making GnR screw up in America!

bizarre.

There's other reasons a fire marshall might have cancelled the show ratehr than JUST blaming it on pyros, space limitations and bullshit like that. i don't know, it's pretty funny that people are finding that this reason is SO hard to believe when it's coming from managment themselves.

Like they say, the tour will continue, but everyone will be watching and waiting for the next screw up, unfortunately. at leats we got a press release this time about why a show got cancelled.

Fuck them, can't even be arsed to find footage of current GnR.

Shit happens get fucking over it, yeah it sucks for people there but this is rock n roll.

For the record kick Papa as support :fuckyou:

Hey Merck if you need tips on PR then give me a call, even i could do a better job of promoting GnR than you!

The GnR disaster tour takes off again.

His name is Merck and he eats dead dogs.