Press statement on canceled Portland show

madison

why do they have to prove anything to the american audiance? your logic states that if gnr sell out every stadium in europe, asia, africa, south america and australia but doesnt sell out a few shows in the states they fail?

you really need to stop hitting that auto-fill button every few days.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how Europe accepts washed up artists from the US with open arms...it proves nothing. Europe is always second fiddle to the US...

:rofl-lol:

I hope you don't get to see them live. Hell, it was the US who brought the tour down last time - at least Europeans know how to fill an arena with more than lard ;)

The press release was very stange, particularly this

More importantly, we have been informed that officials intend to enforce rules and regulations that should not and do not apply in this venue. Our production manager and crew have been in this building with Clay Aiken and Green Day and none of the restrictions imposed on Guns N’ Roses were experienced by those artists. It is our opinion that they are going out of their way to target and single out Guns N' Roses and the band's loyal fans. Following consultation with the band's manager, agent and promoter, it was felt that it was best to cancel the show. It is a regrettable decision, particularly at this late notice, but it is of paramount importance that our fans have the best experience possible without being harassed and threatened.

You have got to be kidding me :huh:

More importantly, we have been informed that officials intend to enforce rules and regulations that should not and do not apply in this venue. Our production manager and crew have been in this building with Clay Aiken and Green Day and none of the restrictions imposed on Guns N’ Roses were experienced by those artists. It is our opinion that they are going out of their way to target and single out Guns N' Roses and the band's loyal fans. Following consultation with the band's manager, agent and promoter, it was felt that it was best to cancel the show. It is a regrettable decision, particularly at this late notice, but it is of paramount importance that our fans have the best experience possible without being harassed and threatened.

I know, I didn't think me, King Dick and Matt13 would get a mention either

I know, I didn't think me, King Dick and Matt13 would get a mention either

:lol: No, Im talking about how they think the venue was out to get them. Just play the damn show without the pyrotechnics, big fucking deal.

Everyone is missing a VERY big clue here - tickets for the Maine show are good at The Worcester, MA show - which means that ticket sales must be fucking horrible.

I have a feeling that the real reason for cancelling this Maine gig was poor ticket sales.

I feel sorry for those fans in Maine - that sucks.

Jesus Christ - what a mess.

The 3,000 ticket holders can get a full refund.

Posted by: Nicole Waite, Producer

...I think that say's it all, don't you?

Axl has done nothing but alienate a depleting fan-base. It's been more than ten years and he has not achieved anything relevant in music. Truthfully, he should be thankful that even 500 people decided to show up to his nostalgic act..

He's nothing more than a bored millionaire looking for a hobby. At 44 years of age, he should act like a professional. By surrounding himself with sycophants, he allows his primadonna attitude to destroy any credibility this band might have had. Sporadic tours and false promises have amounted to nothing..

While I have consistently supported the idea of a reunion, I'm glad Slash and Duff got off this train wreck. It's been the same song and dance since 2001. Rather than blame the media, the internet, the fans, former members, fire marshals, Swedish police and Tommy Hilfiger.. Axl should look at himself..

Ego has been his downfall for years.. why should we expect anything different now?

-Kickingthehabit

Axl has done nothing but alienate a depleting fan-base. It's been more than ten years and he has not achieved anything relevant in music. Truthfully, he should be thankful that even 500 people decided to show up to his nostalgic act..

He's nothing more than a bored millionaire looking for a hobby. At 44 years of age, he should act like a professional. By surrounding himself with sycophants, he allows his primadonna attitude to destroy any credibility this band might have had. Sporadic tours and false promises have amounted to nothing..

While I have consistently supported the idea of a reunion, I'm glad Slash and Duff got off this train wreck. It's been the same song and dance since 2001. Rather than blame the media, the internet, the fans, former members, fire marshals, Swedish police and Tommy Hilfiger.. Axl should look at himself..

Ego has been his downfall for years.. why should we expect anything different now?

-Kickingthehabit

so why are you here honestly...........

i swear some of the people that come to this board are pathetic losers, honestly man you sound like a bitch.

if you dont like axl, why do you waste your time posting here then?

i bet you wont even answer to this...

-Kickingthehabit

why are you even posting in this section if you hate him so much, its obvious this section is going to be about axl and the current line-up. are you just hear to critize? im not fond of vr so i dont post there much, if your not happy with the current band dont post in this section. its simple really.

Is history repeating itself or what?

It's funny you should say that, Kaneda. :book: Because yourself in particular can write an autobiography based on that question only. :monkey: Going round in circles is such fun, isn't it? Well, I'm sure you know for a fact that it never gets you anywhere, except of course a life full of aimless existence. :)

In any case, enjoy your circling! Who knows maybe someday, somehow you would actually hit the target, which at the moment stands as, let's call it, pretty unlikely. :drevil::kiss:

i swear some of the people that come to this board are pathetic losers, honestly man you sound like a bitch.

I have been a fan of Guns N' Roses since 1986 and it troubles me to see how their legacy is besmirched by the arrogance of an egomaniac. Since 2002, I have been consistently told how incredible this line-up is, and how monumental their impact will be when Chinese Democracy is finally released..

The truth is obvious - I, like every other member on this forum - want to hear what has taken ten years to produce. I want to know what was so important about this album that would compel Axl to drive away the remaining members of the classic line-up..

In 2006, we finally have the opportunity of getting past all of the bullshit. We are given firm promises on the deliverance of the album, but what happens? Axl decides to cancel a show in the US due to poor ticket sales. And as I said before, he has done nothing but alienate a depleting fan-base. If the debacle of the 2002 Chinese Democracy World Tour didn't make things clear, this obviously won't..

Tell me - you aren't the least bit upset that Axl's actions consistently deprive the band of credibility? More importantly, I feel embarrassed for the members of this band itself. These musicians have invested years into this project, and the entire thing can be put into jeopardy by the selfishness of a lead singer. It happened before and this incident is a parallel to that very occurrence..

This version of Guns N' Roses is a joke to the public and it only hurts the legacy of the Guns N' Roses that I remember..

Axl is supposed to be a genius; a true artist, correct? Well, he needs to show me something more than failed attempts at reliving the 1990's..

EDIT: Axl hasn't released an album in 10 years. Do you not realize how arrogant his actions are when he decides to tour and cancel shows because only 3,000 fans bought tickets? It is a disgusting lack of respect for the people that made him. Pyro or no pyro - you play the fucking show and give these fans a reason to care..

-Kickingthehabit

Edited by Kickingthehabit

From Sanctuary:

DATE: Nov. 6, 2006

SOURCE: Sanctuary Group

TITLE: TONIGHT’S GUNS N' ROSES SHOW IN PORTLAND, MAINE IS CANCELLED

Tonight's show at the Cumberland County Civic Center has been cancelled due to limitations imposed by local fire marshals.

A band spokesperson commented, "Axl and the band are very unhappy about not being able to play for the fans in Portland but have been advised after several meetings with local fire marshals Nelson Collins and Bob Cadigan that they have made it impossible for the band to perform their show to the usual high standards that their fans deserve.

"We look forward to continuing the tour in Worcester on Wednesday."

**PLEASE NOTE THAT TICKETS CAN BE EXCHANGED AT THE DCU CENTER SHOW IN WORCESTER, MASS THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT – NOVEMBER 8TH. TICKETS WILL BE EXCHANGED FOR BEST AVAILABLE LOCATIONS AT THE DCU CENTER.

If you are unable to attend the Worcester show, refunds will be available at point of purchase.

FUCK THAT. i'm not one to be negative, let alone really post EVER on this board. But this is complete bullshit. I drive over 6 hrs to this fuckign show. Get a room for the night. spend a shit ton of money only to find out that the concert is cacelled TWO FUCKING HOURS before it is supposed to happen. pyro or no pyro its all about the MUSIC....THE GREAT FUCKING MUSIC THAT IS GNR, not a 4th of JUly spectacular.

I have been a fan of Guns N' Roses since 1986 and it troubles me to see how their legacy is besmirched by the arrogance of an egomaniac. Since 2002, I have been consistently told how incredible this line-up is, and how monumental their impact will be when Chinese Democracy is finally released..

The truth is obvious - I, like every other member on this forum - want to hear what has taken ten years to produce. I want to know what was so important about this album that would compel Axl to drive away the remaining members of the classic line-up..

In 2006, we finally have the opportunity of getting past all of the bullshit. We are given firm promises on the deliverance of the album, but what happens? Axl decides to cancel a show in the US due to poor ticket sales. And as I said before, he has done nothing but alienate a depleting fan-base. If the debacle of the 2002 Chinese Democracy World Tour didn't make things clear, this obviously won't..

Tell me - you aren't the least bit upset that Axl's actions consistently deprive the band of credibility? More importantly, I feel embarrassed for the members of this band itself. These musicians have invested years into this project, and the entire thing can be put into jeopardy by the selfishness of a lead singer. It happened before and this incident is a parallel to that very occurrence..

This version of Guns N' Roses is a joke to the public and it only hurts the legacy of the Guns N' Roses that I remember..

Axl is supposed to be a genius; a true artist, correct? Well, he needs to show me something more than failed attempts at reliving the 1990's..

EDIT: Axl hasn't released an album in 10 years. Do you not realize how arrogant his actions are when he decides to tour and cancel shows because only 3,000 fans bought tickets? It is a disgusting lack of respect for the people that made him..

-Kickingthehabit

It's a sad day when someone that's been a fan for 20 years has to explain why he's a member of a GNR board. :drevil:

EDIT: Axl hasn't released an album in 10 years. Do you not realize how arrogant his actions are when he decides to tour and cancel shows because only 3,000 fans bought tickets? It is a disgusting lack of respect for the people that made him..

-Kickingthehabit

It's a sad day when someone that's been a fan for 20 years has to explain why he's a member of a GNR board. :drevil:

Especially when those 20 years of loyalty are questioned by 16 year olds who watched the 2002 VMA's and decided to become fans..

-Kickingthehabit

These kind of Kaneda threads sometimes talk a lot of profound and meaningful things that many other fans are often thinking. However, other times, like this, they are absolute BOLLOCKS and end up just being page after page of Kaneda bashing and arguing. Basically pointless -_-

xDSGx