MSG Reviews

madison

Well, after 8 pages there's really not much else to say :lol: ... Actually, I did find out that the "Mystery Girl" with Axl in those pics is Beta's daughter! B) ....she's fucking hot! :wub: She was at the side of the stage with Merck, Beta and Fernando...And I'm 200 % sure it was her in the pics. So there you go guys, after all the insults, Madison was right. :lol:

Kannon.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after 8 pages there's really not much else to say :lol: ... Actually, I did find out that the "Mystery Girl" with Axl in those pics is Beta's daughter! B) ....she's fucking hot! :wub: She was at the side of the stage with Merck, Beta and Fernando...And I'm 200 % sure it was her in the pics. So there you go guys, after all the insults, Madison was right. :lol:

Kannon.

The girl at the side of the stage was not Beta's daughter, it was Sasha 100%.

While some people on this board will say last night's show was the best show of their lives, the majority of MSG last night was completely out of it after 5 songs...I kept wondering why was it in 2002 the entire garden rocked so much harder than it did in 2006. The loss of Buckethead and the failure to slot in guitarists that people actually care about is crippling Guns N Roses.

I think it's safe to say that Axl's re-invention of Guns N Roses will never work. Album or no album, there's just no real chemistry up on stage and DON'T TELL ME THERE IS! Just go watch the old Gunners on youtube and then tell me this band has similar chemistry. Axl keeps trying to get us to love these new musicians, which is why he gives them each way-too-long solo oportunities. Funny, these new guys could solo for hours and they never come close to matching a solo by Bucket or Slash.

Also, a filled MSG and AXL never ONCE mentioned the album...he never talked about the new songs, he didn't sing any news songs...in fact, the setlist wasn't bad, but the order of the songs was just off...once the crowd was out of it, they never returned.

I don't know, I wouldn't spend any more money seeing these guys live, in fact, I really don't want to see them live again. I'll buy Chinese D if it ever comes out, enjoy it, and pray he will reconcile with Slash and return GNR to it's former glory.

Axl if you can here me, GET SLASH BACK NOW! !!!

These are the fucking glory days of GNR. Never before has Axl been blessed with such an amazing line up of guitarists, Finck&Fortus&BBF!

How the fuck can you question the 'chemistry' of these guys, and then demand the return of Slash? Do you really think there will ever be chemistry between Axl and Slash ever again? It's just not going to happen.

Your rants are becoming predictable and boring. It's telling that yours was the only negative review of this show.

Well since this seemed to turn into an 02 vs 06 thread, let me weigh in and say that last night rocked the fuck out of 02! Ive now seen the new band 4 times (Msg 02, Hamerstein 12th & 17th, last night) and last nights performance was by far the best this band has sounded together as a whole. Bumblefoot is also ten times better in GnR then Bucketfuck was(that guy was such a joke) Don't remember any sound problems, Axl voice was very strong, & hardly any notes were missed (Frank I think may have been off on a few minor occurences, but barely noticeable) I'm not gonna get into a detailed review, but here's a list of some of the highlights for me.

-Ron's solo (Don't Cry)

-The Blues & Chinese Democracy sounded so awesome last night, love Robins riff intro to CD

-The guitar solos in NOvember Rain especially Richard & Ron's

-Used to Love Her (never seen this one live, til last night

-Axl's voice seemed to get stronger throughout the night, especially Out ta Get Me, Night Train, Paradise

-Pittman rocked all night even when he wasnt doing much

All in all was a great night, well worth the trek from northeastern PA. And to everyone who says "oh, how come he didnt mention the album or blah, blah, blah, the albums not coming out!" Listen fuckers, he said "late fall" there is 40 more days left in fall technically, so sit back and wait like the rest of us, you fuckin bitches! Axl doesnt owe NYC anything more special then anywhere else on the tour.

While some people on this board will say last night's show was the best show of their lives, the majority of MSG last night was completely out of it after 5 songs...I kept wondering why was it in 2002 the entire garden rocked so much harder than it did in 2006. The loss of Buckethead and the failure to slot in guitarists that people actually care about is crippling Guns N Roses.

I think it's safe to say that Axl's re-invention of Guns N Roses will never work. Album or no album, there's just no real chemistry up on stage and DON'T TELL ME THERE IS! Just go watch the old Gunners on youtube and then tell me this band has similar chemistry. Axl keeps trying to get us to love these new musicians, which is why he gives them each way-too-long solo oportunities. Funny, these new guys could solo for hours and they never come close to matching a solo by Bucket or Slash.

Also, a filled MSG and AXL never ONCE mentioned the album...he never talked about the new songs, he didn't sing any news songs...in fact, the setlist wasn't bad, but the order of the songs was just off...once the crowd was out of it, they never returned.

I don't know, I wouldn't spend any more money seeing these guys live, in fact, I really don't want to see them live again. I'll buy Chinese D if it ever comes out, enjoy it, and pray he will reconcile with Slash and return GNR to it's former glory.

These are the fucking glory days of GNR. Never before has Axl been blessed with such an amazing line up of guitarists, Finck&Fortus&BBF!

How the fuck can you question the 'chemistry' of these guys, and then demand the return of Slash? Do you really think there will ever be chemistry between Axl and Slash ever again? It's just not going to happen.

Your rants are becoming predictable and boring. It's telling that yours was the only negative review of this show.

As much as a douchebag I think Kaneda is , this statement is absolutely ridiculous . "Never before has Axl been blessed with such an amazing line up of guitarists, Finck&Fortus&BBF!" ?? What ? Are you serious?? Nothing and I mean nothing will ever be as magical as the original lineup. I agree with kaneda that this new lineup has no chemistry . They are just hired musicians that are doing this for the money . Tommy Stinson does not want to be in this band but the money is so good he can't turn it down. Tommy Stinson has told close friends that he never did like GNR and wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for the money.All you have to do is look at his facial expresion while he is playing live . His heart is not in the performance . Axl at this point in his career has no choice but to hire musicians so I don't blame for his approach . I think Axl didn't realize how great his original bandmates were until they were gone . He even admitted to Kurt Loder that the reason he could not make an album was because of Slash. He has not been able to find that magic with any other guitarist and it has made things difficult for him to express his vision. The current band can play very well but there is so much more to rock n' roll that just being able to play the instruments. There is no connection in this band , they are all doing their own thing and it comes across on stage . I think Axl sounds pretty good nowadays and still puts one good performance but let's not kid ourselves into thinking this is a real band because it is not. I gaurantee you that if some rich guy paid these guys one dollar more than what Axl is paying them to get off this project they would quit in a heart beat . Rock n' roll chemistry cannot be bought or forced, it just happens .

The old band was something special and don't insult it by making dumb statements. if you love the new band that is great but don't praise them by saying they are better than the original band. Not even Axl is as good as he used to be. I am really looking forward to listening to the new album because I think Axl is a very talented guy and he is my favorite frontman. I am also intrigued by this album because I want to see what was worth destroying the old band. Hopefully it comes out this decade.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

As much as a douchebag I think Kaneda is , this statement is absolutely ridiculous . "Never before has Axl been blessed with such an amazing line up of guitarists, Finck&Fortus&BBF!" ?? What ? Are you serious?? Nothing and I mean nothing will ever be as magical as the original lineup. I agree with kaneda that this new lineup has no chemistry . They are just hired musicians that are doing this for the money . Tommy Stinson does not want to be in this band but the money is so good he can't turn it down. Tommy Stinson has told close friends that he never did like GNR and wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for the money.All you have to do is look at his facial expresion while he is playing live . His heart is not in the performance . Axl at this point in his career has no choice but to hire musicians so I don't blame for his approach . I think Axl didn't realize how great his original bandmates were until they were gone . He even admitted to Kurt Loder that the reason he could not make an album was because of Slash. He has not been able to find that magic with any other guitarist and it has made things difficult for him to express his vision. The current band can play very well but there is so much more to rock n' roll that just being able to play the instruments. There is no connection in this band , they are all doing their own thing and it comes across on stage . I think Axl sounds pretty good nowadays and still puts one good performance but let's not kid ourselves into thinking this is a real band because it is not. I gaurantee you that if some rich guy paid these guys one dollar more than what Axl is paying them to get off this project they would quit in a heart beat . Rock n' roll chemistry cannot be bought or forced, it just happens .

The old band was something special and don't insult it by making dumb statements. if you love the new band that is great but don't praise them by saying they are better than the original band. Not even Axl is as good as he used to be. I am really looking forward to listening to the new album because I think Axl is a very talented guy and he is my favorite frontman. I am also intrigued by this album because I want to see what was worth destroying the old band. Hopefully it comes out this decade.

Oh, nothing will ever match the chemistry of the old band, however (if you read my post) I said that the line up of guitarists in this current band rocks the socks off any previous line up. Yes, Slash undoubtedly has the best stage presence of any GNR guitarist past or present, but the current combination of guitarists is better than any previous combination before. There are just so many orchestral possibilities with having three amazing guitarists in a single band.

I was sitting in section 67 which is directly center stage in the just above floor seats. I thought it was awesome to hear people going that nuts for them. I think the new songs sounded a lot clearer due to the fact very few people knew the words. The first 4 songs all you could hear was the crowd, it was insane. There were a couple moments where I caught Axl just staring in awe at the crowd listening to their response. I made me proud to be a GNR fan.

This guy in front of me kept asking me questions about everything since he heard me singing along to all the new songs.

I think a lot of people will be hunting down IRS after this show - it really sounded incredible.

Even CD sounded sick, and ron's new parts gave it a nice makeover.

amazing show, same show as Continental but the Garden crowd, well nothing beats it , they were into it the whole show (start to finish trust me) singing, dancing, everything, the crowd SANG dont cry w the solo, new songs got a good response, a few people knew them. MSG ROCKED , continental show crowd was soo lame.

Hammerstein was still my fav , cause of the venue & it was the first time i ever seen them, but last night was awesome, MSG was rockin all night ,dont believe otherwise

the solos are still toooooo long tho

I was at the show too!!! Had the GA section closest to the stage... Was pretty much jumping up and down and pumping my fist the entire time- to every song and every note... that's how you could have maybe identified me in the stage left area (or stage right, depending on where your back was). Was wearing a dark blue suit. I think some people around me may have been annoyed with my behavior- but fuck them because to any die-hard, they were clearly not die hards but rather casual fans (nothing wrong with that... but try not to be mad about my enthusiasm).......

WAIT, actually... to clear up the direction thing... I was on the floor closest to where Finck was when he first came out to open jungle............. aAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHhhhhh fucking GREATEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE... No question... this was THEE greatest, most pinnacle moment of my life because of how close in proximity I was to Axl... the only thing that could ever top it would be shaking hands with the man himself... GREATEST NIGHT EVERRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by there is no dana only zool

... Madison what seat did you have? Because there was this couple taking pictures of themselfs and the guy taking pictures of his girlfriend in front of me and the lady next to him was getting really annoyed.

:krider:

No, it couldn't have been me. I never reacted or said anything to the guy - it was just an observation. In fact, he joked with me about the woman in front of us who was passed out in her chair. lol.

I did chat with the guys behind me a few times when we were trying to figure out who it was that was spraying everybody with a "mysterious liquid." Was that you? Which section were you in?

Hmm probably not me then I was wayy high up in 400s section C i think? Seat 7.

:krider:

Does anyone else feel that the old band performances sounded really empty and not powerful....listen to live era..some of the parts that should be powerful and energetic were pretty empty with only 2 guitarists. I think 3 guitarists make them sound so much fuller and more kick ass....06 MSG absolutely killed 02 MSG and there is nothing that Kaneda can say to change that....BUckethead was a circus act....and finck looked like a freak...the first time i heard buckethead was in GNR is said to myself "axl what r u doing????!!!"...but now this is the best gnr has ever sounded (except for sound issues with axl's microphone) IMO

and kaneda...fuck off

The show was awesome.. the crowd was great and everyone was lovin' it.

The best part was that Axl was in a great mood. It seemed like he didn't even wanna leave at the end he was talking as people were already walking out.

Not much to comment on the setlist since it was pretty much identical to the Jersey show.. excpet I think he played Night Train instead of Rocket Queen, or something like that someone correct me if that's wrong. But he was on for sure- so much energy, his voice kept ketting better.

Even though I wasn't in the pit for this one it was pretty cool because this way you can see the whole stage as opposed to looking up and not being able to see everything that's going on.

Great show! :wub:

I laughed out loud at this one. Are you trying to suggest Buckethead - with his yellow raincoat, bucket and mask who never mixed with the other band members onstage - had stage presence? roflmao. Ron has the stage presence of Mick Jagger compared with Buckethead.

I think Buckethead had a lot of stage presence in his own right. He was a nice contrast against Axl. I didn't like him before, but I've grown to appreciate him in retrospect, and think in 2002 Axl was trying to pass off a very unique band that, in 2006, has been altered to conform more to the classic "rock n' roll" image. I just hope the music is still really unique and wasn't altered as well. :) Some of the "out there" stylings of 2002 are gone now - the synth isn't as strong, the Bucket scales have been largely dropped from songs like The Blues, etc. Will be interesting if they ever release a full set of recordings and demos from the Democracy sessions years from now and we can hear the evolution of the music as the years progressed.

Does anyone else feel that the old band performances sounded really empty and not powerful....listen to live era..some of the parts that should be powerful and energetic were pretty empty with only 2 guitarists. I think 3 guitarists make them sound so much fuller and more kick ass....06 MSG absolutely killed 02 MSG and there is nothing that Kaneda can say to change that....BUckethead was a circus act....and finck looked like a freak...the first time i heard buckethead was in GNR is said to myself "axl what r u doing????!!!"...but now this is the best gnr has ever sounded (except for sound issues with axl's microphone) IMO

and kaneda...fuck off

Yeah, the old band really sucked, didn't they? I think you hit the nail on the head that all the old shows sounded really empty and not powerful, yet our eyes and ears had deceived us for this long. Can't believe we all got off on it like we did as there was just that *something* missing that hasn't been found until here in late 2006--and damnit, its the 3rd guitarist(and 2nd drummer and 2nd keyboardist to be fair).

I dunno how the old band ever got the popularity they did with "only" 2 axe men. And just think how shitty and empty sounding a band like Rage Against the Machine was with those jokers only having freakin' 1 guitarist. What a sham.

Its 3 or nothin' baby!!!!

:rolleyes::tongue2:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

and kaneda...fuck off

Yeah, the old band really sucked, didn't they? I think you hit the nail on the head that all the old shows sounded really empty and not powerful, yet our eyes and ears had deceived us for this long. Can't believe we all got off on it like we did as there was just that *something* missing that hasn't been found until here in late 2006--and damnit, its the 3rd guitarist(and 2nd drummer and 2nd keyboardist to be fair).

I dunno how the old band ever got the popularity they did with "only" 2 axe men. And just think how shitty and empty sounding a band like Rage Against the Machine was with those jokers only having freakin' 1 guitarist. What a sham.

Its 3 or nothin' baby!!!!

:rolleyes::tongue2:

Not to mention Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath. One guitarist?!? WTF is that shit!?

Edited by moreblack