HMV gets shipment of album titled "Blue Tree's and Greem Grass"

LookingGlass

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are really going to do this with no promotion then the only reason I can believe as to why is because they wont to prevent it from leaking. I dont know if this can be done, but even with them telling the store's that they can't open the CD's until November 19th, you KNOW somebody (probably a GNR fan) will sneak one out.

You guys realize this all bullshit, right? I can't believe this has gone 34 pages.

There is no band called Far Downs, and HMV is getting no shipment from said band.

Seriously, are you people that gullible?

Albums can't just magically pop up at record stores and be shoved out onto the shelf that day. Stores need time to know what they are getting so they can clear space on the floor for it and know where it is going. They know what they're getting, when they're getting it, and where it's going when it gets there, so you can't have a bunch of albums shipped as a fake name and then be like.."HMM OH THIS IS GUNS N ROSES, WELL GOSH GOLLY ILL BE DARNED, LETS JUST GO DUMP ALL THESE CD'S IN THE 'G' SECTION AND MAKE ROOM FOR IT".

You know the reason people always come to these forums and post BS rumors about CD? Because you all believe it every time.

I agree and disagree. If the album's coming out on the 21st and it's being shipped already, there's a possibility it's true. I work at a record store and said on HTGTH that there's no way they can just dump records on people with no advance notice, but it is possible to schedule a mislabeled album. If the record store has 200 albums on order for front promotion, it doesn't matter what the band is, as long as they have notice of an album - period - it could happen.

What CAN'T happen is for an album to just drop one day with no notice. Stores need to be told ahead of time.

However, in the digital age, I find it almost impossible for an album to be released secretly like this. Customer preorders around Christmas are essential. I can't believe they'd just secretly give it to record stores without any info in database systems.

prologue:

i ran a small record shop in high scool.

i co-managed the music section of a large book retailer shorty thereafter.

so this is fucking FACT, ok?

so factual (in fact) that i'm gonna use ALL CAPS. DIG IT?

HERE WE GO:

BIG RECORD STORES HAVE NO SAY OVER WHAT THEY SELL. THEY CAN SPECIAL ORDER AND THAT IS IT AS FAR AS THEIR CONTROL OVER WHAT'S IN THEIR STORE IS CONCERNED. CORPORATE MAKES ALL OTHER MERCHANDISING DECISIONS W/ FEW EXCEPTIONS.

SO:

IF A TRUCK FULL OF CHINESE DEMOCRACY C.D.'S AND PROMO SHOW UP FROM CORPORATE AN HOUR BEFORE THE STORE OPENS ON THE DAY OF THE RELEASE, IT IS THE STORES OBLIGATION TO PUT THEM OUT IMMEDIATLEY, EVEN IF IT MEANS THROWING THE REST OF THE "G" SECTION IN THE BREAK ROOM TILL AFTER CLOSE. NO EXCEPTIONS.

OK?

ok.

You guys realize this all bullshit, right? I can't believe this has gone 34 pages.

There is no band called Far Downs, and HMV is getting no shipment from said band.

Albums can't just magically pop up at record stores and be shoved out onto the shelf that day. Stores need time to know what they are getting so they can clear space on the floor for it and know where it is going. They know what they're getting, when they're getting it, and where it's going when it gets there, so you can't have a bunch of albums shipped as a fake name and then be like.."HMM OH THIS IS GUNS N ROSES, WELL GOSH GOLLY ILL BE DARNED, LETS JUST GO DUMP ALL THESE CD'S IN THE 'G' SECTION AND MAKE ROOM FOR IT".

You know the reason people always come to these forums and post BS rumors about CD? Because you all believe it every time.

I agree and disagree. If the album's coming out on the 21st and it's being shipped already, there's a possibility it's true. I work at a record store and said on HTGTH that there's no way they can just dump records on people with no advance notice, but it is possible to schedule a mislabeled album. If the record store has 200 albums on order for front promotion, it doesn't matter what the band is, as long as they have notice of an album - period - it could happen.

What CAN'T happen is for an album to just drop one day with no notice. Stores need to be told ahead of time.

However, in the digital age, I find it almost impossible for an album to be released secretly like this. Customer preorders around Christmas are essential. I can't believe they'd just secretly give it to record stores without any info in database systems.

prologue:

HERE WE GO:

BIG RECORD STORES HAVE NO SAY OVER WHAT THEY SELL. THEY CAN SPECIAL ORDER AND THAT IS IT AS FAR AS THEIR CONTROL OVER WHAT'S IN THEIR STORE IS CONCERNED. CORPORATE MAKES ALL OTHER MERCHANDISING DECISIONS W/ FEW EXCEPTIONS.

SO:

IF A TRUCK FULL OF CHINESE DEMOCRACY C.D.'S AND PROMO SHOW UP FROM CORPORATE AN HOUR BEFORE THE STORE OPENS ON THE DAY OF THE RELEASE, IT IS THE STORES OBLIGATION TO PUT THEM OUT IMMEDIATLEY, EVEN IF IT MEANS THROWING THE REST OF THE "G" SECTION IN THE BREAK ROOM TILL AFTER CLOSE. NO EXCEPTIONS.

OK?

ok.

Get it? Got it? GOOD!!

:P

prologue:

HERE WE GO:

SO:

OK?

ok.

Well said, Coach

If they are really going to do this with no promotion then the only reason I can believe as to why is because they wont to prevent it from leaking. I dont know if this can be done, but even with them telling the store's that they can't open the CD's until November 19th, you KNOW somebody (probably a GNR fan) will sneak one out.

It doesn't matter how well they prevent leaking. The day it is released, there will be downloads of it all over the place a couple hours after release (or earlier if someone just buys it from iTunes at midnight, burns it, then rips it back to unprotected mp3 or something). This album will be one of the most illegally downloaded in the history of illegal music downloading, just because people won't want to pay for something that they don't know anything about other than the mysterious nature of the album's creation.

I'd figure I would post on this before I go to bed. Ok, we all know (or "heard"..whatever you would like to say) that the album was going to come out this year. Honestly guys lets look at the facts. There is no way in hell enough time to promote this album. While I think it is a bad idea for an album that is 14 years in the making, an epic if you will, to get released with no promotion leading up to it at all, we still get an album. Merck himself stated that they may not announce a release date and it may just show up in the store one day. This seems to be the way things will be handled and therefore, I believe that management and the band are taking every possible precaution that nobody knows what day that it will be released. Furthermore, this "Green Grass Blue Shit" whatever the name of this record that is supposed to get released by HMV, can quite possibly be Chinese Democracy. If this is actually a true story that is, and not made up buy someone. Do you honestly think that Sanctuary is going to tell the stores that they will be receiving Chinese democracy on set date at set time? Of course not. It would ruin the mysitque. It would ruin the surprise. We all know that the moment someone who works at a record store sees the name "Chinese Democracy" on the "to be released this Tuesday" list, he or she will be posting it all over the place. I think that this is (if true) a great way for management to go about releasing the album. I, along with all of you, hope for this to be true but I will not be let down if it is not. After all, true Guns n Roses fans are veterans of dealing with let downs. We have waited 14 years. The signs point to a release this year. It's gonna happen. Let's just be patient.

-Hollywood

ITS BEEN 14 YEARS OF SILENCE, ITS BEEN 14 YEARS OF PAIN.................

Edited by Gunzen

prologue:

HERE WE GO:

SO:

OK?

ok.

Get it? Got it? GOOD!!

"And that's the bottem line...Cause Stone Cold said so!"

ok. i read it.

jackamo is a cunt

who the fuck believes in jackamo

Gotta give him credit though. No hint of sarcasm so it's hard to tell if he's serious or not. His taste in music (Silkworms) had me believing he might actually own albums with titles like that. He probably had at least a dozen people doing searches on those titles. :rolleyes:

hahaha omg, did you really believe Jackamo's post??

It was clearly sarcastic! he can't post anymore without being sarcastic.. you should know better!

prologue:

HERE WE GO:

SO:

OK?

ok.

Get it? Got it? GOOD!!

SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM BEFORE I CUT OFF YER BALLS N STAPLE 'EM SHUT IN YOUR MOUTH!

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

prologue:

HERE WE GO:

SO:

OK?

ok.

Great, the high "scool" (sic) graduate (?) who ran a small record shop (in high "scool") says this is how big stores work. He spelled it in CAPS for us! Aww, ain't that nice! I guess I should trust him completely and without objectivity.

Ding, ding! It's the "get a clue" bus. It's opening its doors for you.

That is not how "big" record stores work. Yes, corporate makes decisions. That's blatantly obvious.

Merchandise of such an amount as per a new release (particularly one as hyped as Chinese Democracy) would never be approved by corporate an "hour before the store opens," as you claim. That's not how it works.

And I work at a major retailer, and I know if corporate approved a shipment for a new release an hour before the store opened, a lot of people at corporate would wake up the next morning to find themselves with no jobs to go to.

I don't care if you give your opinion, but don't act like you have the definitive answer because you worked at a small record store in high school. Especially when you can't even spell "school." ;)

I believe if CD is coming out, and they want to keep it a secret, going about it the way the OP of this thread said it's being done would be the most likely.

If they send the album to stores under a different title, it makes no difference, because the stores would still have room for a new release on their shelves. It would be like if they had made room for a new Led Zeppelin compilation, and when they opened the boxes they found out another album was mistakenly shipped in its place. They'd still have room on the New Release shelf for the other album, in place of the Led Zeppelin one.

Dropping an album with NO prior acknowledgement is what's unlikely.

Edited by Estranged Reality

prologue:

HERE WE GO:

SO:

OK?

ok.

Get it? Got it? GOOD!!

SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM BEFORE I CUT OFF YER BALLS N STAPLE 'EM SHUT IN YOUR MOUTH!

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

ROTFLMFAO!!!! I actually met Randy Savage. Great guy. I'm a pro wrestler BTW. Anyway, back to the more important topic at hand......

prologue:

HERE WE GO:

SO:

OK?

ok.

Get it? Got it? GOOD!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

ROTFLMFAO!!!! I actually met Randy Savage. Great guy. I'm a pro wrestler BTW. Anyway, back to the more important topic at hand......

Would anyone like to add anything else to this thread or shall we all call it a night?

prologue:

HERE WE GO:

SO:

OK?

ok.

Great, the high "scool" (sic) graduate (?) who ran a small record shop (in high "scool") says this is how big stores work. He spelled it in CAPS for us! Aww, ain't that nice! I guess I should trust him completely and without objectivity.

Ding, ding! It's the "get a clue" bus. It's opening its doors for you.

That is not how "big" record stores work. Yes, corporate makes decisions. That's blatantly obvious.

Merchandise of such an amount as per a new release (particularly one as hyped as Chinese Democracy) would never be approved by corporate an "hour before the store opens," as you claim. That's not how it works.

And I work at a major retailer, and I know if corporate approved a shipment for a new release an hour before the store opened, a lot of people at corporate would wake up the next morning to find themselves with no jobs to go to.

I don't care if you give your opinion, but don't act like you have the definitive answer because you worked at a small record store in high school. Especially when you can't even spell "school." ;)

I believe if CD is coming out, and they want to keep it a secret, going about it the way the OP of this thread said it's being done would be the most likely.

If they send the album to stores under a different title, it makes no difference, because the stores would still have room for a new release on their shelves. It would be like if they had made room for a new Led Zeppelin compilation, and when they opened the boxes they found out another album was mistakenly shipped in its place. They'd still have rooms on the New Release shelf for the other album, in place of the Led Zeppelin one.

Dropping an album with NO prior acknowledgement is what's unlikely.

remember when i also said that i also co-managed the music section of a very LARGE music/book chain?

here's the dish, brainiac:

OBVIOUSLY (obviously) it wouldnt happen an hour before the store opens. i was using the most extreme example cause people are all like "that's not enough time" blah blah. doesn't matter. i've received shipments of discs and moved the majority of them before they even hit the racks on very short notice.

and yes, the fact that i missed the "h" key in the word "school" means i'm ignorant. lemme make sure it works here:

you don't know shit!

Edited by ohyesindeed

prologue:

HERE WE GO:

SO:

OK?

ok.

Get it? Got it? GOOD!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Would anyone like to add anything else to this thread or shall we all call it a night?

call it, it is over Johnny

they dont have to worry about people who printed the the cd's or packaged the lables telling. Because no one did it. Axl and Merck have been locked up for the last year, burning each individual cd of his laptop.....printing the jackets on his deskjet 320C. That silver haliburton lock box that axl was carrying around.....was his special lable maker so he could go ahead an lable a few hundred cds every night after he got done partying.

In all seriousness. I think this could be real, not that any of yall give 2 shits what i think. But im going to best buy tomorrow. One of my fraternity brothers works there. I'm going to ask him if they got a huge shipment of cd's from some unknown band that says dont open untill the 20th. He can't and won't to me. Gotta love the brotherhood.

Far Downs is a real band.

I own both albums: "Mountain Of Love Cake" & "Jogging Jesus, Green Goo".

They had a hit single called "Going, Going, Going (Gone)" a few years ago.

It is NOT Chinese Democracy.

ohhh he said far downs?

:rofl-lol: i thought he said "bar clowns".

yeah i love me some far downs. do you have the tour only e.p. "my spice rice is nice nice"?

i LOVE it when the singer wears a bib on stage!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I'm sorry forgetting to add the " :rolleyes: " at the end of my original post.

Jogging Jesus, Green Goo? I mean come on! I hope you didn't take it seriously!