HMV gets shipment of album titled "Blue Tree's and Greem Grass"

LookingGlass

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no band Far Downs. End of story. None of the CDs or the band name turned up on any internet search engine, so why would they have a "super shipment" of CDs showing up at HMV? Makes no sense. Hope everyone knows Jackamo is just joking.

O how did I miss that. I feel like an ass for believing Jacakmo. i really really really hope this all true. As do most of us.

Some guy named "insideguns" at HTGTH posted two supposed pictures of the album artwork. One of the bonus CD:

This one comes up when you search Google for "Chinese Democracy," and it's obviously Photoshopped.

The other was the supposed COVER ART for the entire album:

This one comes up in Google when you search for "AC/DC Wing." It's pretty clear to me that it's a fake.

Did you get the cover art image too?

There is no band Far Downs. End of story. None of the CDs or the band name turned up on any internet search engine, so why would they have a "super shipment" of CDs showing up at HMV? Makes no sense. Hope everyone knows Jackamo is just joking.

why, what did jackamo say?

im not willing to go thru 33 pages to dig it up

Some guy named "insideguns" at HTGTH posted two supposed pictures of the album artwork. One of the bonus CD:

This one comes up when you search Google for "Chinese Democracy," and it's obviously Photoshopped.

The other was the supposed COVER ART for the entire album:

This one comes up in Google when you search for "AC/DC Wing." It's pretty clear to me that it's a fake.

Did you get the cover art image too?

The one with the Chinese lady and "Wing Sings AC/DC" is the one that insideguns posted claiming it to be THE cover art of the whole album.

acdccover.jpg

This has gotta be so fake. The picture itself comes from the band Wing's website.

Edited by GNRfan2008

You guys realize this all bullshit, right? I can't believe this has gone 34 pages.

There is no band called Far Downs, and HMV is getting no shipment from said band.

Seriously, are you people that gullible?

Albums can't just magically pop up at record stores and be shoved out onto the shelf that day. Stores need time to know what they are getting so they can clear space on the floor for it and know where it is going. They know what they're getting, when they're getting it, and where it's going when it gets there, so you can't have a bunch of albums shipped as a fake name and then be like.."HMM OH THIS IS GUNS N ROSES, WELL GOSH GOLLY ILL BE DARNED, LETS JUST GO DUMP ALL THESE CD'S IN THE 'G' SECTION AND MAKE ROOM FOR IT".

You know the reason people always come to these forums and post BS rumors about CD? Because you all believe it every time.

You guys realize this all bullshit, right? I can't believe this has gone 34 pages.

There is no band called Far Downs, and HMV is getting no shipment from said band.

Albums can't just magically pop up at record stores and be shoved out onto the shelf that day. Stores need time to know what they are getting so they can clear space on the floor for it and know where it is going. They know what they're getting, when they're getting it, and where it's going when it gets there, so you can't have a bunch of albums shipped as a fake name and then be like.."HMM OH THIS IS GUNS N ROSES, WELL GOSH GOLLY ILL BE DARNED, LETS JUST GO DUMP ALL THESE CD'S IN THE 'G' SECTION AND MAKE ROOM FOR IT".

You know the reason people always come to these forums and post BS rumors about CD? Because you all believe it every time.

yep. sad but true

ppl are so desperate for nething.

the guy that started this must think hes a genius now.

his bullshit spreads like wild fire

ok. i read it.

jackamo is a cunt

who the fuck believes in jackamo

Gotta give him credit though. No hint of sarcasm so it's hard to tell if he's serious or not. His taste in music (Silkworms) had me believing he might actually own albums with titles like that. He probably had at least a dozen people doing searches on those titles. :rolleyes:

Edited by KBear

speaking as someone who ran a record store for 3 years and has spent a lot of time in tha biz, allow me to tell you that you are FULL OF SHIT.

carry on....

Edited by ohyesindeed

speaking as someone who ran a record store for 3 years and has spent a lot of time in tha biz, allow me to tell you that you are FULL OF SHIT.

carry on....

It tooks 30 some pages but this made me laugh the most! You people are crazy.

Guest Edward Rose

That's a perfect post if you skipped most of the thread and didn't read about the issues you just addressed, which have already been addressed.

I'm not saying it's 100% true. But the things you've said have already been addressed.

Guest ben9785
the tracklist rumour is obiously a fake, since axl himself has stated that Chinese Democracy will NOT feautre extras anymore, and it will be a single/normal cd.

Look, I'm not in any position to debate this tracklist, I didn't dream it up, I just posted it for general interest from somebody else who PMED it to me. If Axl said that, that's fair enough, but the thing is, there's a possibility the record company wanted to stick some extras in there, and maybe some sort of compromise has been made somewhere in the process. A single/normal cd doesn't necessarily mean ONLY ONE CD, it means ONE CD OF ORIGINAL MATERIAL..the extra cd would be merely that..a bonus cd/extra. but i'm not encouraging the information that i posted, again i'm just sharing it

Edited by ben9785

No shit its a disguise, we now there is no band called far downs!

they dont need to clear space for CD, the fuckers gonna sell like hotcakes! you're gonna eat your words within two weeks! you will see. besides making room onm shelves isnt fuckin rocket science, i think employees may be able to handle that.

It takes half an hour to set up a seperate little promotional rack and stock it full of Chinese Democracy. Plus you know, you can just move the cd's in the G section over and make room for it, or put a small chunk of copies in the G section, a larger chunk in new releases and an even bigger chunk on that promotional rack.

OMG I just solved all the problems presented in your post.

But ya, I don't believe this is it either. Someone in the Pressing process or the printing of the cover art would of leaked something.

What happened to the original poster?? They need to come back and update us, or answer some of the questions in this thread :)

If he/she knows what's good for him/her, he/she would stay REAL far away because of the incomprehensible amount of attacks that would surely come his/her way. Which is probably why he/she hasn't been back since he/she made his/her post.

Anyway, thanks for the info dude/babe

HOLY SHIT! 20,000 reads in 7 hours. Is that a record Admin?

Why would anyone attack him/her?? To my knowledge this info hasnt been proven to be wrong or fake, so as of now I dont think anyone has a right to attack said person.

I dont know whether to believe it or not, but there are a lot of coincidences around this date, so I think you would be foolish to just basically say its not true.

Thats why I was hoping the original poster will comeback, if this is true or legit info they have gotten, then there is no reason to hide or stay away.

I agree and disagree. If the album's coming out on the 21st and it's being shipped already, there's a possibility it's true. I work at a record store and said on HTGTH that there's no way they can just dump records on people with no advance notice, but it is possible to schedule a mislabeled album. If the record store has 200 albums on order for front promotion, it doesn't matter what the band is, as long as they have notice of an album - period - it could happen.

What CAN'T happen is for an album to just drop one day with no notice. Stores need to be told ahead of time.

However, in the digital age, I find it almost impossible for an album to be released secretly like this. Customer preorders around Christmas are essential. I can't believe they'd just secretly give it to record stores without any info in database systems.

I'd figure I would post on this before I go to bed. Ok, we all know (or "heard"..whatever you would like to say) that the album was going to come out this year. Honestly guys lets look at the facts. There is no way in hell enough time to promote this album. While I think it is a bad idea for an album that is 14 years in the making, an epic if you will, to get released with no promotion leading up to it at all, we still get an album. Merck himself stated that they may not announce a release date and it may just show up in the store one day. This seems to be the way things will be handled and therefore, I believe that management and the band are taking every possible precaution that nobody knows what day that it will be released. Furthermore, this "Green Grass Blue Shit" whatever the name of this record that is supposed to get released by HMV, can quite possibly be Chinese Democracy. If this is actually a true story that is, and not made up buy someone. Do you honestly think that Sanctuary is going to tell the stores that they will be receiving Chinese democracy on set date at set time? Of course not. It would ruin the mysitque. It would ruin the surprise. We all know that the moment someone who works at a record store sees the name "Chinese Democracy" on the "to be released this Tuesday" list, he or she will be posting it all over the place. I think that this is (if true) a great way for management to go about releasing the album. I, along with all of you, hope for this to be true but I will not be let down if it is not. After all, true Guns n Roses fans are veterans of dealing with let downs. We have waited 14 years. The signs point to a release this year. It's gonna happen. Let's just be patient.

-Hollywood

LOL - it went totally over your head didn't it.

Don't feel bad. :)