Guns N' Roses album pushed to 2007,New DVD to come out soon

Gallagher Rose

Axl Rose is the Andy Kauffman of music....it's all one big joke to him. He continues to confuse us and dissapoint us in any way possible. Just when you think he's going to do something good he does something bad.

He's the Andy Kauffman of rock n roll...not the Howard Hughes.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl's label admit not knowing a thing about a November release

Guns N Roses' "Chinese Democracy" is now odds on to his records shops in 2007 after the band's label admitted this week they were none the wiser to a November release schedule.

Axl Rose had recently revealed his intention to get the $15m, ten-year-old project onto the shelves before the end of the year, and a press release for the Chinese Democracy Tour at the beginning of October 2006 also stated that "there are only 13 Tuesdays left between now and the end of the year" - dropping a hint that the album would be released on a Tuesday between October 3rd and December 19th.

However, it looks near impossible that the album will be released in time for Christmas as the band's label, Universal Records, claimed this week that they had yet to received any information regarding a release date. With a likely four to six week turnaround required from GNR's management delivering the masterwork (not to mentioned publicity and promotion) it looks extremely unlikely the set will drop now until February, with January a traditional dead-zone for big new albums.

In other news, a new live DVD is in the pipeline for February.

Guns 'N' Roses - Live In Chicago" will be released on February 5th 2007 (we're sure of that), and was recorded at Chicago's Allstate Arena.

Tracks included on the set are Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Its So Easy, Wild Horses, Patience, Double Talkin Jive, Civil War, Welcome To The Jungle, November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Godfather Theme and Coma

Source: Soundgenerator

http://www.soundgenerator.com/news/showart...FTOKEN=52189913

yeah..a new dvd to come out..sounds really good.

And about Chinese Democracy..god only knows.

Yeah, this isn't even news. This is the same junk we've already heard. Still isn't official news either.

See that's the thing.

We never get ANY offical news about jack shit. Unless it's to cover Axls own ass, regarding the missed gig in Portland. For gods sake the last update on the GN'R website was taken down for some reason, because it showed the setlist I guess. Who knows whats really going on with Brain, either.

If it isn't released this year there will be alot of people pissed off. And about the Chicago DVD being released... well... what a fucking joke. Why release a DVD of the old band??

Edited by Forsaken

It's the ol double bluff people. Merck realised that when he said Tuesday comment that he had blown the surprise element so now they are spread No release date stuff so mainstream doesnt get all complacent about it. It's not a surprise anymore. Merck left Sanctuary? Delay.

It's the ol double bluff people. Merck realised that when he said Tuesday comment that he had blown the surprise element so now they are spread No release date stuff so mainstream doesnt get all complacent about it. It's not a surprise anymore. Merck left Sanctuary? Delay.

I quit!!!! Fuck Axl!!! :anger::fuckyou::anger::fuckyou: No album....Lost fan!!! FUCK YOU AXL IF THIS IS TRUE!!!!

Axl Rose is the Andy Kauffman of music....it's all one big joke to him. He continues to confuse us and dissapoint us in any way possible. Just when you think he's going to do something good he does something bad.

He's the Andy Kauffman of rock n roll...not the Howard Hughes.

Good post, but I liken him to a Andy Kauffman - Howard Hughes - Mike Tyson of rock n roll.

Technically, the venue was called the Rosemont Horizon at the time. I was there and met Shannon Hoon. He was very nice, almost shy. He sat next to me and my then girlfriend at the show for the start of the show. He left about 5-6 songs in and was all by himself. We were third row stage left, next to the stage even with the drum set. These seats were sold as obstructed view, bet we were almost on the stage and the view was clear with no obstructions.

I have never thought of it, but is it really considered the best GNR show ever?

See that's the thing.

We never get ANY offical news about jack shit. Unless it's to cover Axls own ass, regarding the missed gig in Portland. For gods sake the last update on the GN'R website was taken down for some reason, because it showed the setlist I guess. Who knows whats really going on with Brain, either.

If it isn't released this year there will be alot of people pissed off. And about the Chicago DVD being released... well... what a fucking joke. Why release a DVD of the old band??

great post :)

it's the biggest joke ever, they even delete their own news for fucks sake!! they reached the point in where they even have to censor themselves so the fans don't get what they want, fucking news!

I know that if January comes and there's no CD nor a release date I won't come back.. the main reason I came to the boards is cuz of the leaks earlier this year, but with all the hype dying out and still nothing concrete to hold on to.. I don't know, that's not enough good reason for me to keep reading GN'R news

I've always been low-key with Chinese Democracy being released, so I'm still not crushed by this. Yes, I'll be beside myself when it comes out, but I figure it won't do me any good to get obsessive about it, because I'll just end up getting disappointed.

As for February? Happy birthday to me. :D I know it's still of the old band, but I wouldn't mind the Chicago DVD - it's always been one of my favorite shows. And it's always been a thought of mine that if CD wasn't released this year, I'd want it near my birthday. :lol:

http://www.velvetrope.com/ubbthreads/showf...=0&fpart=18

2tongues

Platinum Member

Reged: 11/06/02

I spoke to members of the band last night. The album is not coming out this year. Look for summer, 2007.

Universal confirmed this last night as well, but everyone, naturally, is keeping quiet to keep the talk coming.

I also posted this on jarmos and it got deleted it must be true

2tongues

Platinum Member

I spoke to members of the band last night. The album is not coming out this year. Look for summer, 2007.

Universal confirmed this last night as well, but everyone, naturally, is keeping quiet to keep the talk coming.

Or maybe because its total bullshit? Stop posting rumors and speculation, dave. Velvet Rope is full of "fake" insiders.

Edited by TheWildheart

2tongues

Platinum Member

Or maybe because its total bullshit? Stop posting rumors and speculation, dave. Velvet Rope is full of "fake" insiders.

So was it bullshit too about the guy who talked to frank back stage and frank told him he was on 5 tracks?

2tongues

Platinum Member

So was it bullshit too about the guy who talked to frank back stage and frank told him he was on 5 tracks?

Could be. Who knows anymore? But why in the bloody blue fucking hell would they delay this album to SUMMER of 2007? I could see January or February - but summer? Are you fucking insane? Use some common sense for once.

Edited by TheWildheart