backstage after a concert

ASLayerAODsk

Was backstage at both of the London 2006 shows at Wembley Arena. Spoke to Izzy for about 30 minutes both nights. Had brief chats with Robin, Richard, Tommy, Del James and George Chin [gnr photographer]. Watched a private performance in the jam room before hells angels kicked me out lol. Wasn't supposed to be in there at all but Izzy said it was cool... guess one of the other band members was pissed at me being there though (any guesses who that was? :unsure: )

I posted photos ages ago on a few GNR boards but cant be hassled with digging them out again now. Might do one day. Jarmo from HTGTH.com and Christos from GNRGreece were backstage at the same shows rock3

Are you Izzy's "web guy" then?

Must have been awesome to meet the band. Did you actually get chance to meet or see Axl or were you removed before he arrived?

Cherry & I were backstage after the Madison Square Garden show a few weeks back (as was Edward Rose). Then we both went on to the afterparty. Met all of the band including Axl. Axl told stories for about 10-15 minutes to a group of about 8 of us. Spent most of the night with Frank & Tommy. Some pics are in the picture thread in the 'Use Your Illusion' section.

Was backstage at both of the London 2006 shows at Wembley Arena. Spoke to Izzy for about 30 minutes both nights. Had brief chats with Robin, Richard, Tommy, Del James and George Chin [gnr photographer]. Watched a private performance in the jam room before hells angels kicked me out lol. Wasn't supposed to be in there at all but Izzy said it was cool... guess one of the other band members was pissed at me being there though (any guesses who that was? :unsure: )

I posted photos ages ago on a few GNR boards but cant be hassled with digging them out again now. Might do one day. Jarmo from HTGTH.com and Christos from GNRGreece were backstage at the same shows rock3

amazing how did you get to do that??? like did you ask to go back or something or did you just go slip in :question:

Guest Edward Rose
Cherry & I were backstage after the Madison Square Garden show a few weeks back (as was Edward Rose). Then we both went on to the afterparty. Met all of the band including Axl. Axl told stories for about 10-15 minutes to a group of about 8 of us. Spent most of the night with Frank & Tommy. Some pics are in the picture thread in the 'Use Your Illusion' section.

Cherry? She was in The U.S.? Did I meet her?

God I hope I didn't get creepy or anything like that. I was pretty buzzed by the time the sun came up. And when I woke up the next day, there was a shit-covered hamster in my bed. So I was like, "Why on EARTH would anyone sneak into my room and put a shit-covered hamster in my bed?!" So now I have this hamster with respiratory problems... don't know what to name him.

(Just kidding about the hamster thing :) )

-EDIT- Hey Red1, can you give me a direct link to the pics in the UYI section? It's a mess over there, and none of the threads seem to be titled with what you said. Thanks in advance

Edited by Edward Rose

I got back stage at the Greensboro show. I got my passes from a friend of the band. The only people from the band that came back there was Frank & Tommy. They were both great. Alot of us were disappointed that we did not get to meet the rest of the band. We were told when we got back there that they were all supposed to come back, but then they went ahead and got on the bus. While leaving we did get to see Axl, I guess 1 lucky fan saw him and security let him go up and talk with him, but we got stopped before we could get too close.

Cherry? She was in The U.S.? Did I meet her?

God I hope I didn't get creepy or anything like that. I was pretty buzzed by the time the sun came up. And when I woke up the next day, there was a shit-covered hamster in my bed. So I was like, "Why on EARTH would anyone sneak into my room and put a shit-covered hamster in my bed?!" So now I have this hamster with respiratory problems... don't know what to name him.

(Just kidding about the hamster thing :) )

-EDIT- Hey Red1, can you give me a direct link to the pics in the UYI section? It's a mess over there, and none of the threads seem to be titled with what you said. Thanks in advance

Yeah you were stood around at the MSG part of the show right by Cherry & I (and her friend). When Jarmo was chatting to Robin I came over and was talking to Robin for a while.

At the after party we were stood right down at the end of the bar with Frank and his family & Tommy for most of the night. We certainly saw you around.

I posted a few of my pics here - http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...3830&st=195

Guest Edward Rose
Yeah you were stood around at the MSG part of the show right by Cherry & I (and her friend). When Jarmo was chatting to Robin I came over and was talking to Robin for a while.

At the after party we were stood right down at the end of the bar with Frank and his family & Tommy for most of the night. We certainly saw you around.

I posted a few of my pics here - http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...3830&st=195

I remember seeing you all now.

Wasn't Frank's mom (or grandma... forgot)... just the cutest little ol' lady you ever saw? :)

Off-topic... who's THIS girl? I like her... she's in trouble :)

duke01nz8.jpg

Edited by Edward Rose

Wasn't Frank's mom (or grandma... forgot)... just the cutest little ol' lady you ever saw? :)

duke01nz8.jpg

LOL - I have no idea who that girl is....

And yeah, I think it was Franks Grandma that he introduced to Axl at MSG - kind of broke the ice in the room cause everyone was really tense at that stage. I don't think I saw her at the afterparty though - unless the beer goggles I had on meant that the model I was talking to called 'Parris' was actually an 87 year old woman.........

duke01nz8.jpg

And yeah, I think it was Franks Grandma that he introduced to Axl at MSG - kind of broke the ice in the room cause everyone was really tense at that stage. I don't think I saw her at the afterparty though - unless the beer goggles I had on meant that the model I was talking to called 'Parris' was actually an 87 year old woman.........

GILF!!!! GILF!!!! GILF!!!! :wub:rock3

Guest Edward Rose

duke01nz8.jpg

She's just some Irish girl who posted a pic under your MSG pics. Anyway, I'll catch up with her later. It's really tuff to hide from an alien :)

I don't remember either about Frank's grandma. It's like... so far away now.

But it's weird having come away from that night talking with Jarmo AND you guys... and I didn't know it until after the fact. No one told me they were from the bb's. Hmmm? I hope no one's afraid of me. Honestly, I've never harmed any humans :shades:

Well hoepfully I'll see you guys again. And I'll remember what you all look like next time.

:o None of you answered the question...

How did you get backstage? Did you get passes or what :huh: ? I need to know...because i'm desperatley planning on doing anything to get backstage.

Any-Ting? Every-Ting!!

Oh Me So Horny!! Me Love You Long-Time!!

Edited by Charles Manson

I met Axl after the Birmingham NEC UK gig - got my Live like a suicide signed - Axl was realy cool!

Been backstage with Adler a few times with his 'Appetite' crew- hes so great to the fans - dont like the way some fans kind of use him and drink all his beers tho!! not real fans if you ask me!!

Tracii guns let me backstage with my mate and chatted for a bit last year - my mate was trying to teach Tracii how to shout abuse in an english accent! asked Tracci about the romours that he asked to rejoin GNR - he confirmed them and told us a funny story about it - well i though it was funny! (I class Tracii as an ex member of GNR - dont shoot me down!!)

Met Gilby as well - so so cool its unbelivable - told me how he wasnt in a good mood at download festival last year as he got his luggage stolen - real down to earth guy!!!

Met Matt sorum briefly - signed my VR poster!

And of course theres bumblefoot - what a guy.... think everyones talked to bumblefoot! a fan favorite!

I dont know how to get backstage for the big concerts like arenas! - small gigs are easier - you just ask security nicely if you could get your album signed and either the band come out and sign or you sometimes get lucky and they let you go backstage??? is a case of wainting and hoping from my experience!

I know people who have had backstage passes to GNR and stil havent met Axl - i was just lucky he came out to greet the fans - thank god i had my LLAS on me!!

Edited by Jaysgnr