2006 USA TOUR--A FAILURE????

jaypayton

when GNR used to tour the USA it would rule the headlines and music world..the 91 and 92 UYI tours were daily newsmakers with Axl's rants, etc.........the appetite tour was notorious for the bands behavior, etc.........This tour has basically been very quiet......Lots of empty seats....GNR used to sell out baseball stadiums of 50,000 people and now cant sell out a 8,000 seat arena...........No new album to promote.....the hammerstein shows were great cuz axl returned from his cave...europe was great cuz it was a breath of fresh air but now its just old news....I think its safe to say the 06 USA tour has been a disaster....the media is going to crush Axl, cries and calls for slash are going to get larger...axl has 1 or 2 choices left..bring slash backor just retire for good

it's just different now....music was as big as any news because it was less accessible by internet... and now news tends to focus on the negative..such as dead soldiers and war...

I don't think the tour is a failure at all...Air Canada Centre was pretty much full.. when i checked with my vendor..there were probably less than 100 seats available...

halifax was sold out...

And most of all..the band puts on a great show...

The tour minus overseas was a MASSIVE flop. And this is coming from someone who was really rooting for them, but being in the industry per say, you say GNR and there is a laugh about it. Look, he is not releasing the CD and he never will, why?? Because there are maybe two to three good songs. If you would of combined them with what Velvet Revolver did, you would of had a certifiable HIT cd. Trust me Axl Rose knows this and it is setting in. He is riding off of his 80's fame and it is now fading away. The best thing for him to do is what Izzy and Slash have both told him and that is get off of his crazy horse and get the band back together. HOW FUCKING DUMB can you be??? The band would sell out stadiums and this dumb fuck wants to play in front of 2000 people with a band that is NOT GNR. I mean it is like a circus up there, when I saw them live you had all of this talent up there and it sounded like one was out doing the other. Damn Axl get your shit together. The Cosby show is not number 1 anymore, Rikki Ratchman or however you spell his name is not hosting headbangers ball get over it.

Edited by Emeraldwar

when GNR used to tour the USA it would rule the headlines and music world..the 91 and 92 UYI tours were daily newsmakers with Axl's rants, etc.........the appetite tour was notorious for the bands behavior, etc.........This tour has basically been very quiet......Lots of empty seats....GNR used to sell out baseball stadiums of 50,000 people and now cant sell out a 8,000 seat arena...........No new album to promote.....the hammerstein shows were great cuz axl returned from his cave...europe was great cuz it was a breath of fresh air but now its just old news....I think its safe to say the 06 USA tour has been a disaster....the media is going to crush Axl, cries and calls for slash are going to get larger...axl has 1 or 2 choices left..bring slash backor just retire for good

Can someone tell him this isn’t 1991 anymore <_<

They are taking our money for the second time without a new album and while playing AFD and a few leaked songs, so I'd say it's a success for them, a failure for us.

So go watch U2 and when you see their ticket prices, you can come back to the forum and rethink your position.

They are taking our money for the second time without a new album and while playing AFD and a few leaked songs, so I'd say it's a success for them, a failure for us.

So go watch U2 and when you see their ticket prices, you can come back to the forum and rethink your position.

WHAT ARE YOU THE DUMBEST FUCK AROUND?? U2 sold multiple nights in multiple stadiums WORLD WIDE. They also had a NUMBER ONE CD.

New GNR are not a FAILURE, not a SUCCESS...it's just NOTHING!!!

(better he didn't show up this year and 2002 and remained in fucking "cave"...coz when he was somewhere, just HIDING from the media...HE RECIEVED MORE ATTENTION that he's recieving right now in the middle of ("promotion of the new album?"..."gigs?"..."concerts?"..."show ups?"...or whatever we could call that miserable REPEATING sightnings!!!

...plus, so many years back...I STILL HAD HOPE and really LOVED HIM MUCH!...and I didn't care if he put out some "test sample" or something...a failure of his management crew, a slap in our face

...I did CARE...and...I LOVED HIM, as the way he was...HE was AXL those days. A poet, musician, thinker...(drunk and maby drugged) on the photos we were EXPECTING from a while to a while we get (like AXL from Chile, He was vawing to the fans, not knowing a millions will adore that SIMPLE pic!!!)...well, those were moments, when I FELT, he's still in my heart...but NOT NOW!!! I can't explain!!!...damn!

...I don't like new GNR...I'm sorry...to many LIES, to many expectations...I think...just like...I have a feeling like I...JUST DUMPED MY WIFE...COZ SHE WAS LIEING TO ME ALL THE TIME AND KEEP PROMISSING ME TO BE BETTER AND NOT TO DO THAT ANYMORE!!!

...fuck, I'm tired now

...sorry, but...I'm probably crazy...and you'll say GET A LIFE WILLY...or like...GOODBYE THAN...but you know!...The ring is off, now just waiting to FLUSH!

Edited by WiLLy"The Kid"

well if they stuck to plan and released the album it would be a completey different siduation i don't think its a failure but its not good ethier

I am going to respectfully disagree with the post. There is no album...there is virtually no marketing...and yet, I rocked out with 11,000+ in Jersey...Nova Scotia's place had 10,000+ for a sell-out...and personally, I'm sick of the negative a-holes who sit on their thumbs criticizing a band they haven't even seen live.

2006 will be a year marked by close to a million people seeing GNR live throughout Europe and North America. Failure my ass!

I saw U2 for 50 dollars face value and I was front row center on the floor and they kicked ass. Why? Because they showed up on time, played a shitload of new songs, and put out a new cd, and then put out a live dvd of the current tour, not a tour from 15 years ago after refusing to put out a new cd like the new gnr. 50 dollars face value is nothing to complain about for that, don't you think? That is why U2 are hugely popular all over the world today and when people here the name axl or gnr they just laugh, that is the reality. I whish it was different and I was really hoping for this tour to be great and the CD to come out and show the world that the new gnr kick ass, but it isn't happening and they are pissing all over there loyal fans, again.

the tour is going well only 1 canceil show

Tours are not supposed to have cancelled shows! The tour is a failure. Many people around Boston/Worcester who were interested to see the new band refused to go because they weren't sure if axl would even show up.

buddy this aint 2001 or 2002 this is 2006 and the tour is not a failure and the reason 1 show was canceil you can blame the fucking fire people

Your wrong, the tour was a success, after CD drops the next tour will be more successful. How many bands cna drop off the face of the planet for all those years come back with all new members and headline a show like KROQ? None. Of Course sales in some of the smaller markets could have been better but the played and are playing some shows in the middle of nowhere and we all saw this coming. The Fact that Axl shows up to every show and puts on a killer performance makes this tour a success. Comparing this tour to UYI is apples and oranges it was a different time in the industry and this tour lacks the support of an album. Once the album drops and Axl makes some big TV appearances/performances then you will see big sales. Maybe stadiums in the biggest markets.

the tour is going well only 1 canceil show

Tours are not supposed to have cancelled shows! The tour is a failure. Many people around Boston/Worcester who were interested to see the new band refused to go because they weren't sure if axl would even show up.

buddy this aint 2001 or 2002 this is 2006 and the tour is not a failure and the reason 1 show was canceil you can blame the fucking fire people

You know, up untill today I was like you, but now the fact that they aren't releasing CD and are not even talking about it has made me wake up and see the reality that we keep getting pissed on by this band. I hope you can see that one day too.

ugh...

People just dont go to shows that much anymore, there are too many other options, a failure would be less than half capacity for the tour and no merchandise sales. The concert I went to was sold out and the lines for shirts etc was HUGE. It may not compare to the old days, but even Greenday and U2 had to "team up". They are doing just fine. Plus, as mentioned before, we are at war. Please keep being ignaorant and diggin for negative stuff or this site will die.

Its not the end of the world(for Axl and GnR), ticket sales have been decent. However, if he pulls a no-show like he did in Philly 2002, that could spell the end. Can't wait for the tell-all book someday.

Also, I'm really starting to think Brain is out of the band, for good. I hope I'm wrong.

GNR use to be this...GNR used to be that...... Mullethead it's 2006 and not the 80's and 90's no more!

get over it!....

OMG...will some one shut this dude up.....am falling to sleep with same ol' topics! :sleeper: