GNR concert this Friday

Use Your Illusion 05

I'm really excited because Guns N' Roses are coming to Cleveland this Friday and it is going to be an absolute blast. I bought floor seats and I intend on being up in the front. I was wondering, what kind of band is GNR live. What I mean is, are the fans crazy and start a big mosh pit to heavy songs like WTTJ, It's So Easy, and Nighttrain or is the crowd more controlled and having a good time w/o a pit. I'm not 16 years old and nor do I have to be in a big mosh pit but those were always fun when I was at punk shows. Last question, should I bother bringing my digital camera or will it simply get taken away by security or even the man himself (St. Louis 1991). Also if anyone knows who is opening that would be great to know to. I could give a shit about Axl showing up on stage late, people need a bit of patience anyway. heh heh. Either way this concert is only two days away and this is going to be epic as GNR has been in my blood for the past 15 years.

All I know is that its going to be an awesome show and your going to have the time of your life. Well you should. And you should expect it to get pretty crazy during, WWTJ,ISE and PC and a few others. If you can't handle just try to stay towards the back or side.

Enjoy, rock3

The mosh pits aren't that big of a deal. Some pushing in the beginning, maybe an asshole or two who usually get pulled out by security, that's about it, from my experience anyway.

As for bringing a camera, really depends on the venue and how strict security is. At Hammerstein and Vegas I was searched from head to toe. At MSG, the security guy just smiled and said "enjoy the show" without so much as touching me. I could have walked in with a bazooka.

You have to go through metal detectors to get into The Q so it may be tough getting that camera in. We have some discussions going on in the Upcoming Concerts section of the Message Board for the Cleveland show. Go check 'em out.

We get the first show of the tour with Eagles of Death Metal opening and as far as I know, we should also be getting Sebatian Bach.

Please let me know if I don't have the openers correct or if I'm missing 1 or 2 - thanks

Edited by JimBobJoeJackJr

Expect them to start late.

Expect Axl to honor Slash, Izzy and Duff by forcing the entirely new band to play (almost) entirely old songs.

Expect Axl to leave the stage fairly often to catch a breather and a drink.

Expect the crowd to sit on their hands during each of the extended solos.

Expect the crowd to thin by the encore.

Expect Axl to say, "Good fuckin' night!" at the end.

Expect to hear a lot of people making fun of him on the long, depressing walk back to your car.

:no::laugh::no:

ppfff think you are never been to a gnr concert dude... it's a fucking great show

Expect Axl to honor Slash, Izzy and Duff by forcing the entirely new band to play (almost) entirely old songs.

Expect to hear a lot of people making fun of him on the long, depressing walk back to your car.

My guess is you should have stuck with HisRoyalFatness.

You have never been to a show huh? Too bad, they are a blast. The energy and Axls presence usurp (sp?)

any slow points. By the way, Spinal Tap had some slow spots in it too, but it was still great.

"There is such a fine line between being clever and stupid." David St Hubbins of Spinal Tap, referring to His RoyalFateness

Expect this show to align all the stars in the galaxy and bring forth a new era in human evolution...

Expect this show to align all the stars in the galaxy and bring forth a new era in human evolution...

A-fuckin'-MEN!

Enjoy the hell out of the show! You're never gonna forget it. ;)

I will be at the show in Cleveland as well this friday, and cant wait. I have been to many rock shows in my lifetime, but never a gnr show, and have waited for this a long long time. My question is, when when you say about them might not let digital cameras in, do you mean just video cameras, or picture cameras as well. I would love to get some pics to share w/ u guys