krist novoselic

fred_carston

the melvins December 10, 2006 Cardiff, Wales - The Point w/ Big Business, Flipper

i went to this gig sunday night to see the melvins and supportin them were flipper, the punk band who now feature the legendary ex-nirvana genius krist novoselic on bass. after the show members of the bands stayed around chatting for a while including krist. he was talkin to me and a group of other people about the albums hes bought recently and the albums hes lookin forward to so i said to him "are you lookin forward to the new guns n roses album?" he just laughed and said " no not really, ive never looked forward to one of there albums before. definately not my thing" then some goth started mumbling to him about something and i walked off.

the guys a legend but obviously not a fan of guns. i still cant believe i actually met him

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Dec 12 2006, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

genius

How?... :question:

come on be serious. musically he can do anything(apart from sing) and now hes even involved in politics

Sorry I never followed what he did after that Nirvana thing. I heard he went into politics but I thought he retired from music till this recent thing that he is in...

nirvana notoriously disliked guns n roses. btw u have the best sig' i have seen on this forum.

Tom Powers :):):)

krist is in flipper now, n he was in a group called eyes adrift with chris n kurt kirkwood i think.

Edited by frankwhite

he was in a band SWEET 75 on that album he plays almost everything and unlike the shitty foo fighters, sweet 75 are completely different from nirvana

And? I take it the album must be some bit good then? There are lots of artits that play almost everything on solo albums, that doesnt mean i call them genius. Eh anyways its just another opinion. Everyone has an opinion these days...

the melvins December 10, 2006 Cardiff, Wales - The Point w/ Big Business, Flipper

i went to this gig sunday night to see the melvins and supportin them were flipper, the punk band who now feature the legendary ex-nirvana genius krist novoselic on bass. after the show members of the bands stayed around chatting for a while including krist. he was talkin to me and a group of other people about the albums hes bought recently and the albums hes lookin forward to so i said to him "are you lookin forward to the new guns n roses album?" he just laughed and said " no not really, ive never looked forward to one of there albums before. definately not my thing" then some goth started mumbling to him about something and i walked off.

the guys a legend but obviously not a fan of guns. i still cant believe i actually met him

You must be the dumbest fuck in whole forum-land. Of course he's not looking forward to the new Guns N' Roses album. Nirvana hates Axl Rose, and Axl Rose hates Nirvana. Were you still fluid back in 1992/93???? Didn't you ever hear about the ongoing fue between Nirvana and GNR???

You must be the dumbest fuck in whole forum-land. Of course he's not looking forward to the new Guns N' Roses album. Nirvana hates Axl Rose, and Axl Rose hates Nirvana. Were you still fluid back in 1992/93???? Didn't you ever hear about the ongoing fue between Nirvana and GNR???

of course how silly of me and things never change do they. dave grohl is friends with duff, matt and slash now. 1992 was a long time ago

Edited by chinademo_2007

he was in a band SWEET 75 on that album he plays almost everything and unlike the shitty foo fighters, sweet 75 are completely different from nirvana

I liked the 1st Foo Fighters album (the one with the space gun on the cover) after that the Foo Fighters pretty much went down hill from there on in.

I picked up Sweet 75's 1st (and possibly last) album for next to nothing (i guess it didn't do well). The album is nothing compare to what Nirvana knocking out, although the album is by no means bad, it simply lacks hits songs (which i guess can be viewed as not good thing).

Edited by dobadog

of course how silly of me and things never change do they. dave grohl is friends with duff, matt and slash now. 1992 was a long time ago

That's what I said, stupid. Nirvana hates AXL ROSE, and AXL ROSE hates Nirvana. It's not about duff, matt and slash anymore, son.....and it surely wasn't back then!!

nice of Krist to piss all over GNR. This is from a former fan of his work :fuckyou:

But seriously.. why does he need to be all smug like that. He's not a fan of GNR fine but the attitude stinks a bit. He couldnt lace Axl's boots

dont pee ur panties, whats smug about saying "definetly not my thing, i never looked forward to em" i mean, what would u say if someone asked u the same bout a barry manilow album? (assuming ur not a fan)

nice of Krist to piss all over GNR. This is from a former fan of his work :fuckyou:

But seriously.. why does he need to be all smug like that. He's not a fan of GNR fine but the attitude stinks a bit. He couldnt lace Axl's boots

dont pee ur panties, whats smug about saying "definetly not my thing, i never looked forward to em" i mean, what would u say if someone asked u the same bout a barry manilow album? (assuming ur not a fan)

fuck knows and it doesnt matter but since Krist is supposedly famous n shit for being in Nirvana.. you'd think he'd have a little more respect for someone in the same business who is miles more talented than he could ever dream of. I think there's a bit of jealousy there since Axl's still alive and Kurt fucked himself in the head with a gun

fuck knows and it doesnt matter but since Krist is supposedly famous n shit for being in Nirvana.. you'd think he'd have a little more respect for someone in the same business who is miles more talented than he could ever dream of. I think there's a bit of jealousy there since Axl's still alive and Kurt fucked himself in the head with a gun

how the fuck is it disrespectful to dislike something/someone? he was asked, he told, n not rudely either.

Nirvana got and still gets way too much credit for their part in music history. Guns n' Roses paved the way from the pop 80's, so that Grundge can become popular. I hate Nirvana.

I agree, i dont hate nirvana tho. They had one or two interesting songs. A lot of average stuff. Notting to flame them over tho. I am however, very very anti Kirk Cocaine. From what I have read and heard he was an obnoxious ignorant prick who was only about self glorification, even on his death bed...

Nirvana were a better band than Guns...this i can back up till hell freezes over. n then some after. citing any rock star for being arrogant/self glorifying is laughable. kurt was the least. i have enormous respect for him. always will.