Axl walk-off last night (Portland show, Dec 11th)

Towserhead

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so he didn't play paradise city!?

well, that's what not a few people here wanted: changing the setlist, not the same stuff every night.

now the final song of the show was not PC and the complaints are coming again.

:rofl-lol:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Dec 12 2006, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

One a side note, do the band break up for christmas?...

Yep, we'll see a whole new set of members for next years concerts.

Priceless... :rofl-lol:

But dude, Its Paradise City... :huh:

Changes are needed for sure, but completely ditching your finisher?

But dude, i was joking.

I'd be disappointed if he didn't play that song when seeing the band

i'd be dissapointed aswell same as if it was Nightrain

It seems pretty obvious that he knows he's getting flamed for "promising" an album for '06 and not delivering on it. So, he is setting up the stage to blame someone. It is quite clever. A little comment here to suggest some discord with someone...and then when he does decide to blame the record company, we will believe him cause he layed down the ground work.

but, its fact he walked off. whether or not he played a "full show", its marred by that fact. they even shot off the pyro they would have used during paradise city after the lights went up. theres no question that at the beginning of the show, he fully intended to play it.

Dude, they still played 26 songs - that's overtime.

Yes they played 26 songs and NONE of them was Paradise City. Axl walked off, it was not the end of the show. They had planned on doing PC I can assure you of that. It is basic common sense.

Edited by smokingarthur

Yes they palyed 26 songs and NONE of them was Paradise City. Axl walked off, it was not the end of the show. They had planned on doing PC I can assure you of that. It is basic common sense,

That's not common sense. They may have planned it yet, but the setlist also had a bunch of other songs on if you recall - not all of them are played date after date. It obviously was the end of the show, as he walked off and didn't return.

Must say though - that it's unlikely to be related to Axl vocally, or illness wise - otherwise Bach could've covered like he did at Wembley.

Yes they palyed 26 songs and NONE of them was Paradise City. Axl walked off, it was not the end of the show. They had planned on doing PC I can assure you of that. It is basic common sense,

That's not common sense. They may have planned it yet, but the setlist also had a bunch of other songs on if you recall - not all of them are played date after date. It obviously was the end of the show, as he walked off and didn't return.

Must say though - that it's unlikely to be related to Axl vocally, or illness wise - otherwise Bach could've covered like he did at Wembley.

I think it is common sense Sandman. You are right about the traklist however. But this really means little since there is no doubt in my mind something had infuriated Axl that "evening". I am certain there was something going on behind the scenes. Obviously I can't prove anything one way or the other. But I think my concerns are fair and valid given the circumstances. I do hope I am wrong...

it was probably some technical issues, baz had some troubles during his set (threw the mic down, screamed and occasionally covered his ears for the rest of the set), fortus seemed to have a problem or two (dropped a nice goldtop, dragged it offstage visibly unpleased and grabbed another guitar). fortus had to cover for thal at least once, i didnt really see why. towards the end of the show, when axl went offstage at the end of a song he was "late" getting back on for the next song. something was going on backstage. that coupled with the fresno cancellation? yeah something went down.

franks a good solid drummer though. no better than brain, no worse either. ron is a good player... but his two hand tapping he does way too much, right in the middle of a solo its just like... what the hell is that?

Brain has more swing than Frank. Bucket puts Bumble to shame. Bumbles tapping on Better was awful, his shredding on KOHD was in poor taste, and his solo on Nightrain blew big time when I saw the Band in Everett the other night. If they can't get Bucket back I wish they would just promote Richard and find another rhythm player.

So I was sitting here trying to explain to my girlfriend the current events(no paradise,cancellation) and something came to mind. And as I am typing this something else is coming to mind but.....back on subject...

I was picturing the setlists that I have reviewed of this tour and it seems that the normal encore is 2 songs. The 2 shows that I have been to had 2 encore songs. Normally, Madagascar is played in the middle, if at all and then CD and Paradise are the finale.

Now I am trying to check this against the HTGTH set lists as they are the fasted to acces and I am on a slow speed at this location, but I cant get the site to load....anyway.....

EDIT: I meant to say So though PC wasnt played- a 2 song encore is the norm. And I read that the crowd was only of average response and enthusiasm, at best.

So the second thing that came to mind was that we know Axl, Beta, someone is reviewing the forum(s) and have commented on it. I think maybe Axl was making a point in WA and OR. First he commented that he is supposed to be introducing song(s) from their "upcoming album".

This was a response to us.

Then he ended the next show with a finale of 2 songs from their "upcoming album" and left out the HUGE favorite PC. Now with this I think we was again responding to us in regards to the comments about being a cover band (" ok, so you dont wanna hear "old" GNR songs huh? take this! " ) and the comments about this not being a CD tour and being an AFD tour. So he ended it with Cd songs. And ONLY if you have seen them live this year do you know what I mean when I say that CD is a good finale. The pyros and the screens above the stage are on FULL effect for this song !!

Whatta ya'll think?

One more thing.....Axl cant really be that concerned with what his diehard fans are saying, can he? He did say something to the affect of the reason he is here is cause of us "downloadin motherfuckers"

EDIT

QUOTE(BrianD @ Dec 14 2006, 12:34 AM)

I actually think Chinese Democracy would be an awesome opener... Madagascar is not a good closer though. If you're not going to close with PC, save nightrain for last.

I agree about the opener !! But it sounded like the energy for PC or Nightrain just wasnt there. And.....if someoen has been the viewing the forums AND CD is supposed to be out next tues. then if your Axl your probably pretty........dissapointed? with the overall additude.....

Edited by gnfnr2006