Zakk Wylde funny quote about Axl

Axingn'r

A funny quote by Zakk Wylde from this month's Guitar World Magazine:

"I remember jamming with Axl Rose, and he was like, "Look at Fred Durst and Eddie Vedder. They're on the cover of Rolling Stone. Man, they've got something good going on."

I go, "Your joking right? That dude wears a backward baseball cap, and you're Axl fucking Rose. Are you outta your fucking mind? Eddie Vedder can't lick your balls on a good day!" [laughs]

I'm not joking man. I am stating fact. Whatever trend was popular, Axl wanted to do it."

Edited by Axingn'r

Eddie vedder is the most passionate singer ive seen live. why do alot of people hate him ?

He has a bad rep with some for the anti fame stuff from the early 90s. But it's rare to find someone who actually knows him who has a problem with him. Also, people who are known for acting with integrity are generally disliked by certain kinds of people.

He takes himself a bit too seriously. Or to put it another way he's a bit of a cock. Like not doing interviews for over a decade. Claiming to hate fame yet doing everything to be famous.

Doing everything not to be famous, I would say. The only reason we did see so much of PEarl Jam is that they signed a stupid contract (cause they didn´t know better at the time in 1991) with Epic that kept their claws into them for 10 years. Not many bands do so much as Pearl Jam do and get so little in return (much at their own fault, since the only place you can really read about it is on their homepage). And not many bands change their setlist around like PJ does. I mean, you can see this band 5 nights in a row and the setlist will have changed alot during that time. :)

"Whatever trend was popular, Axl wanted to do it."

I'm sooooo not holding out a lot of hope for 'Democracy'!

Axl's obviously completely lost direction and the sense of who he is since the original line-up disbanded!

The true essence of Guns n' Roses is only apparent pre 95!

:(

Zakk Wylde jammed with Axl and the band in 1995. At that time, Fred Durst was nowhere around...

Either Zakk was drunk when he gave this interview (no surprises there), or Axl already knew what would happen in the future (not very likely)...

I'm surprised there isn't loads of people coming in defending Axl and saying how shitty guitarist Zakk is (if they even know who he is), and how Axl is a revolutionary music god.

Probably will start soon....

Ok I'll start it...

J. D. Fucking Salinger... - :)

Edited by Ions

I'm surprised there isn't loads of people coming in defending Axl and saying how shitty guitarist Zakk is (if they even know who he is), and how Axl is a revolutionary music god.

In fairness there aren't people stuck that far up Axl arse. Zakk (zack) is amazing, I love BLS...

At the same time Axl has used his knowledge of that music to update the sound to produce something like Better which doesn't to me sound like old GNR or a straight copy of NIN or Pearl Jam.

Some parts from Better sound as Limp Bizkit though...

that's an ignorant quote, and someone should punish you with ten hours of listening to Milli Vanilli or Vanilla ICE.. WORTH TO YOUR MOTHER!!!

Ok I'll start it...

J. D. Fucking Salinger... - :)

Fuck that arrogant windbag trogladite Zakk. BLS sounds like bland and generic metal suited for a WWE wrestler's entrance. Please continue to pickle your liver Zakk while I hope for the tsunami to carry away those fevered egos like yourself and Haaaacksyll to Arizona Bay.

Edited by Jabberwocky

He takes himself a bit too seriously. Or to put it another way he's a bit of a cock. Like not doing interviews for over a decade. Claiming to hate fame yet doing everything to be famous.

Wow! That sounds JUST like someone I know of......... :drevil: I just cant think of who it is.....can you?

Wow! That sounds JUST like someone I know of......... :drevil: I just cant think of who it is.....can you?

huh... I don't know either...

B)

At the same time Axl has used his knowledge of that music to update the sound to produce something like Better which doesn't to me sound like old GNR or a straight copy of NIN or Pearl Jam.

Some parts from Better sound as Limp Bizkit though...

that's an ignorant quote, and someone should punish you with ten hours of listening to Milli Vanilli or Vanilla ICE.. WORTH TO YOUR MOTHER!!!

Not to be picky, but its Word to your mother!!!