Why do people turn on the old members like Bucket and Brain?

someguyintheelevator

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

totally agree. if in 2 years finck is fired some peoples views about him here will change dramatically. buckethead was the best new gnr guitarist they had. and his solos weren't boring at all

Very true, I'm getting into Buckethead more and more every day and I'm disapointed that he won't be on CD....Well at least that's how it looks like it's turning out.

for example like back in the 90's when they tried to jam with this crazy guitar player and they said its just not GN'R. and he is like one of the best guitar players in the world.

I forgot his name, trying to find it now..

i think you mean zakk wylde but i don't remember them saying that it wouldn't work

Fan friendly or a dork? Seriously, was Slash ever fan friendly? The man was a drunk and we loved it. When bucket shows up somewhere, he has presence to say the least (albeit because of a chicken bucket on his head)...but Ron and the rest of them have no such presence...which is why they are always re-inventing their looks...

Slash was weird and strange, so was bucket

Ron is a nice guy, but who cares...I don't want a GNR lead guitarsit to email me back his vacation photos, I want a GNR lead guitarist to do this...

for example like back in the 90's when they tried to jam with this crazy guitar player and they said its just not GN'R. and he is like one of the best guitar players in the world.

I forgot his name, trying to find it now..

i think you mean zakk wylde but i don't remember them saying that it wouldn't work

heres a part from a interview with slash that he talks about it..

"And we tried out different guitar players, did that whole bullshit thing with Zakk (Wylde)... Just to get that story straight, it's nothing against Zakk, it was just not the right... I love jamming with Zakk on his own, as a separate entity, but in Guns N' Roses it doesn't sound right."

Fan friendly or a dork? Seriously, was Slash ever fan friendly? The man was a drunk and we loved it. When bucket shows up somewhere, he has presence to say the least (albeit because of a chicken bucket on his head)...but Ron and the rest of them have no such presence...which is why they are always re-inventing their looks...

Ron is a nice guy, but who cares...I don't want a GNR lead guitarsit to email me back his vacation photos, I want a GNR lead guitarist to do this...

god damn it I miss Bucket in this band.....he gave a new meaning to Nightrain rock3

god damn it I miss Bucket in this band.....he gave a new meaning to Nightrain rock3

Aye, he did. But he did it whilst looking a complete prick.

There is a time and a place for a talent like his, but it is most certainly not in Guns n' Roses.

Same with Brain whilst we are at it.

What next, we bring in Celine Dion because she's a better vocalist than Axl?

Ok you want a guitarist who can play like that... Ron can, Bumble could... Robin Finck has a brilliant stage presence.

The thing is, if you read the reviews coming out these days, the media are beginning to buy into new Guns N' Roses because they look & act like a band and they play a tight show! Did anyone here go to a GN'R show this year and give a single thought to any previous member during that 2.5 hours?

Guest RonMexico82

Ok you want a guitarist who can play like that... Ron can, Bumble could... Robin Finck has a brilliant stage presence.

The thing is, if you read the reviews coming out these days, the media are beginning to buy into new Guns N' Roses because they look & act like a band and they play a tight show! Did anyone here go to a GN'R show this year and give a single thought to any previous member during that 2.5 hours?

I did even though I enjoyed the show. People keep bitching about stage presence and charisma because the new line up has never exceeded the old line up. Thats the reason why people keep talking and bitching.

Bucket may have been a more talented guitarist, but ron is definatley a better fit in GNR than bucket. bucket was too weird and a dick. Ron is cool and interacts with the fans.

really? well, then you wouldn't mind sharing when bucket was actually "a dick". a lot of fans fell in love with the gentle giant and his playing.

i always liked robin fink cause i seen him like 50 times with nine inch nails and he was real quirky and a good gutair player ..he brought a cool sound to nine inch nails music..speaking of quirky bucket head was really cool in my opnion <i cant spell lol> and a hell of a guitar player..

I don't like any of them. Drummer is the most replaceable position in any band. Unless your name is Bonham or Grohl, everyday could be your last.

then why does almost every band sound like a completely different animal when they get a new drummer?

i can hear the difference b/t brain and ferrer, and it's for the better. just like i could hear the difference b/t adler and sorum for the worse.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Great post.