Super Bowl??

Bailey15

Superbowl is only really popular in America. Granted, it's becoming more of an event in the UK and the rest of the world - but let's face facts here, the biggest sporting events in the world are football related, not American football related. The World Cup would be the biggest and best way for GNR to reach a global audience. The Superbowl will only really serve to get US fans at least talking about GNR again.

Yeah, but then 10 Americans will see it.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superbowl is only really popular in America. Granted, it's becoming more of an event in the UK and the rest of the world - but let's face facts here, the biggest sporting events in the world are football related, not American football related. The World Cup would be the biggest and best way for GNR to reach a global audience. The Superbowl will only really serve to get US fans at least talking about GNR again.

soccer sucks. nobody in america cares.

yeah, it would be great if gnr would just happen to show up, take Prince out back, beat the shit out of that fruitcake, and take over the stage. p.s.go bears

and the winner for least intelligent post of the day ::drum roll::

mike jones! congratulations asshole, you've managed to make yourself look like a complete stooge, great 40th post! let's take a look at all you've won:

a place on the 7th page of a stupid thread, value estimated at absolutely nothing

a huge sign that says "i'm an idiot who has never actually listened to prince and bases everything i think about him on the way he looks", value estimated at less than nothing

a razzing from another guy on the same lame ass topic, value estimated at the cost of a college tuition

let's give him a round of applause guys

AWESOME LOL LOL LOL

I've looked at this board from time to time, as I'm a pretty big GNR fan and I've always been curious about Chinese Democracy. I figured now would be an appropriate time to let you guys know a little information I found out at work on Friday.

I work for Crispin Porter + Bogusky, the ad agency that does work for Burger King, Coke Zero, Slim Jim, Miller Lite, etc.

I heard about the supposed March 6th release date from GNR's MySpace page, so I came here to see if that was actually going to happen. Once I saw the thread about the Super Bowl, I thought I'd check with the production logs and commercial release forms in our office to see if there were any plans for a GNR announcement of sorts.

I work in the Kansas City office, but we get to see the schedules for all commercials nationwide. According to the forms from the San Francisco office, there is a commercial titled "GNR promo" that is set to air in the late 3rd quarter. I couldn't find any more information regarding the contents of the 30-second spot.

I know there have been a million announcements regarding the album throughout the years, but I think this might be the real deal.

What, the 4 americans that pay attention to the World Cup??

I've looked at this board from time to time, as I'm a pretty big GNR fan and I've always been curious about Chinese Democracy. I figured now would be an appropriate time to let you guys know a little information I found out at work on Friday.

I work for Crispin Porter + Bogusky, the ad agency that does work for Burger King, Coke Zero, Slim Jim, Miller Lite, etc.

I heard about the supposed March 6th release date from GNR's MySpace page, so I came here to see if that was actually going to happen. Once I saw the thread about the Super Bowl, I thought I'd check with the production logs and commercial release forms in our office to see if there were any plans for a GNR announcement of sorts.

I work in the Kansas City office, but we get to see the schedules for all commercials nationwide. According to the forms from the San Francisco office, there is a commercial titled "GNR promo" that is set to air in the late 3rd quarter. I couldn't find any more information regarding the contents of the 30-second spot.

I know there have been a million announcements regarding the album throughout the years, but I think this might be the real deal.

so u signed up tp this fourm just to tell us that ..mmmkay

I seriously doubt that the label would dish out that kind of cash for a commercial for GNR or any musical act for that matter.

Unless Axl is willing to pay the bill, I don't see it happening.

It would be sweet though to have something GNR related happen during the game! rock3

Edited by LAMER

Oh dear...not again...

There's always someone who works somewhere who saw something related to GN'R...and they always somehow find a reason to sign up here to tell us all...

Just like the guy who worked at HMV who saw the notice telling employees not to talk about the album signing last year... which never happened...

Edited by Estranged Reality

Oh dear...not again...

There's always someone who works somewhere who saw something related to GN'R...and they always somehow find a reason to sign up here to tell us all...

Just like the guy who worked at HMV who saw the notice telling employees not to talk about the album signing last year... which never happened...

Well, at least it won't be long until we find out if what he says is true. I won't be holding my breath, but I guess stranger things have happened. If anything I'd expect it to be the HD ad and a lot of the bill, if not all of it, would be footed by HD.

Edited by KBear

Oh dear...not again...

Actually, that was Virgin Megastores, and actually, the person admitted about 2 days later on CD.com that they made up the whole thing.

Oh dear...not again...

Actually, that was Virgin Megastores, and actually, the person admitted about 2 days later on CD.com that they made up the whole thing.

That doesn't really change anything, does it?

It just proves that people lie to start rumors. The fact that he admitted he made it up only reinforces the point I was trying to make.

Oh dear...not again...

It just proves that people lie to start rumors. The fact that he admitted he made it up only reinforces the point I was trying to make.

No it doesn't. You were using that as an example of people who claim to be insiders but then are proven wrong. If this person turns around and admits to their bullshit, then it can be compared with that one. I'd compare this one with gunsguy more than anything else because gunsguy never admitted to being full of crap and I'm sure this new person won't either.

Oh dear...not again...

ah fuck im tired of your complaing and then re complaing about how right you always are ...i know bash me for my grammer or tell me im a douche ...whatever estranged

Oh dear...not again...

ah fuck im tired of your complaing and then re complaing about how right you always are ...i know bash me for my grammer or tell me im a douche ...whatever estranged

You're tired of my "complaining"? How is what I wrote in this thread a complaint?

And what does it have to do with you?

I'm just saying, there's always an alleged "insider" who appears once in a while in advance of a major event (such as the Superbowl) telling people GN'R are going to be involved somehow. If they could provide any amount of evidence, then maybe it would be worth getting excited over, but interestingly enough it's never anything more than hearsay...

I've got the Superbowl on, so I hope the third quarter brings a GN'R ad, but I doubt it. And I think it would be a waste of a couple million dollars to advertise that album to the Superbowl's target audience, as jack said.

I'm just saying, there's always an alleged "insider" who appears once in a while in advance of a major event (such as the Superbowl) telling people GN'R are going to be involved somehow. If they could provide any amount of evidence, then maybe it would be worth getting excited over, but interestingly enough it's never anything more than hearsay...

I've got the Superbowl on, so I hope the third quarter brings a GN'R ad, but I doubt it. And I think it would be a waste of a couple million dollars to advertise that album to the Superbowl's target audience, as jack said.

Agreed, Estranged. A one-post-wonder "Super Bowl Ad" post has miraculously appeared literally every year since I first started checking out the forums in 2003. I highly doubt it's going to happen.

Oh dear...not again...

You're tired of my "complaining"? How is what I wrote in this thread a complaint?

And what does it have to do with you?

The Super Bowl's target audience? Everyone watches the Super Bowl in the U.S.

Worldwide, Axl is still pretty popular and liked. Here, however, is a different story. A lot of folks don't even know he's still alive, let alone that there's supposedly an album coming out by his new Guns. The Super Bowl reaches more of a general audience than ANY show in the U.S. will. It is the biggest televised event every year.

Edited by GNRfan2008

The top ten most watched shows in U.S. history are all Super Bowls.

Exactly! That's why there's such a fuss made over the advertising. They're not trying to reach sports fans like me for instance. They're trying to reach the average people who don't ever watch football, so I really don't understand labeling a "target audience" for the Super Bowl. The target is the entire U.S. population that owns televisions.

I don't.

In fact, I don't understand why anyone with a brain would watch such crap.

Actually, having a brain has nothing to do with it...I don't understand why anyone with any amount of self-respect would watch that crap. Then again, I don't know why anyone with any self-respect would wait 14 years for Axl to get over himself and release a fucking album.

I don't.

In fact, I don't understand why anyone with a brain would watch such crap.

Actually, having a brain has nothing to do with it...I don't understand why anyone with any amount of self-respect would watch that crap. Then again, I don't know why anyone with any self-respect would wait 14 years for Axl to get over himself and release a fucking album.

Maybe some people like sports.