Super Bowl??

Bailey15

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've looked at this board from time to time, as I'm a pretty big GNR fan and I've always been curious about Chinese Democracy. I figured now would be an appropriate time to let you guys know a little information I found out at work on Friday.

I work for Crispin Porter + Bogusky, the ad agency that does work for Burger King, Coke Zero, Slim Jim, Miller Lite, etc.

I heard about the supposed March 6th release date from GNR's MySpace page, so I came here to see if that was actually going to happen. Once I saw the thread about the Super Bowl, I thought I'd check with the production logs and commercial release forms in our office to see if there were any plans for a GNR announcement of sorts.

I work in the Kansas City office, but we get to see the schedules for all commercials nationwide. According to the forms from the San Francisco office, there is a commercial titled "GNR promo" that is set to air in the late 3rd quarter. I couldn't find any more information regarding the contents of the 30-second spot.

I know there have been a million announcements regarding the album throughout the years, but I think this might be the real deal.

Oh dear...not again...

There's always someone who works somewhere who saw something related to GN'R...and they always somehow find a reason to sign up here to tell us all...

Just like the guy who worked at HMV who saw the notice telling employees not to talk about the album signing last year... which never happened...

Actually, that was Virgin Megastores, and actually, the person admitted about 2 days later on CD.com that they made up the whole thing.

That doesn't really change anything, does it?

It just proves that people lie to start rumors. The fact that he admitted he made it up only reinforces the point I was trying to make.

ah fuck im tired of your complaing and then re complaing about how right you always are ...i know bash me for my grammer or tell me im a douche ...whatever estranged

You're tired of my "complaining"? How is what I wrote in this thread a complaint?

And what does it have to do with you?

I'm just saying, there's always an alleged "insider" who appears once in a while in advance of a major event (such as the Superbowl) telling people GN'R are going to be involved somehow. If they could provide any amount of evidence, then maybe it would be worth getting excited over, but interestingly enough it's never anything more than hearsay...

I've got the Superbowl on, so I hope the third quarter brings a GN'R ad, but I doubt it. And I think it would be a waste of a couple million dollars to advertise that album to the Superbowl's target audience, as jack said.

look at ur post in this thread .then i made a comment and you re complained justifying the reason that your complaing about trying to prove you are right ...AMAZING

If you think my previous reply to you is a "re complaint," you're crazy. No, strike that - you're just a very simplistic and antagonistic person who loves to fight, just as you did back when an admin had to tell you to stop it and deleted all your posts in the thread and you continued to post there and send me incoherent, ranting PMs... remember that?

If you've got a problem with me, as I said months ago when you first started having a go at me: send me a message. You came out of nowhere in this thread to attack me for something I wasn't doing, and now you're just resorting to immature cheap shots because you have nothing to back up your claims. You obviously have an issue with me, and spreading it about in a thread is not only off-topic, it's just downright lame.

Later.

prince was awful tonight...

I thought he did a great job. Very energetic, very charismatic - he really got the crowd into it. It was pretty powerful. His vocals were impressive, too.

there you go makin shit up ..yup ..u got me ..i have a problem with u because every time some one disagrees with you,this is what you do ..you run them into the ground.YOUR A WHINER AND A COMPLAINER ..I SUPOSE IM SUPOSED TO KISS YOUR FEET RIGHT?...FUCK OFF.. next time ill just ignore you like everyone else does

:confused:

Anyway, back on topic...

Edited by Estranged Reality

prince was awful tonight. He butchered more songs than Axl did at the VMAs

What songs did he butcher? Prince did a great job.

What did you think of his guitar solo? Wasn't that fantastic? Just so emotional and well-done.

Prince is great at that sort of thing. Check this link out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILDGkKqFLoI

And I didn't see any GN'R ads, I have had the game playing on my computer just in case... but nothing in the third quarter. :(

prince was awful tonight. He butchered more songs than Axl did at the VMAs

What songs did he butcher? Prince did a great job.

What did you think of his guitar solo? Wasn't that fantastic? Just so emotional and well-done.

Prince is great at that sort of thing. Check this link out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILDGkKqFLoI

And I didn't see any GN'R ads, I have had the game playing on my computer just in case... but nothing in the third quarter. :(

He is so awesome in that clip! ^_^

Prince is a charismatic showman in every sense of the word. While I'm not a huge fan of his arrogance, his performances have always been entertaining. He's still one of the most talented musicians working today..

-Kickingthehabit

I totally agree with everything you've just said.

not all commercials got aired. at the 2:00 minute warning the best commercial ever was supposse to play but it didn't. the 3rd quarter had few commercial breaks just wonderering if they was a commercial (i doubt it though)

prince rocked but i as biased

tomorow will tell

Prince was hella more entertaining than the Stones or Paul McCartney. That little guy rocks.

You're smoking crack, right? Maybe not too familiar with McCartney?

McCartney's performance two years ago was the best Super Bowl performance, EVER.

In my opinion.

He was ok. Started REALLY slow, did not like the CCR cover, and I don't like the Foos. Purple Rain was better than any Superbowl halftime set closer than anything I've ever seen (except for U2 doing Where the Streets Have No Names to the backdrop of the names of all of the 9/11 victims - that was fucking powerful). When Prince said "can I play this guitar?" all I was thinking was "YES YOU CAN!" Purple Rain was excellent, and that solo........whether or not you like his tunes, you gotta admit the little fuck can play!

Average performance overall with the two or three ok songs, then Purple Rain to blow it all to hell and back. Love that Prince!

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a1AegGKjY0

That's his performance from the press conference. Blows the shit outa tonight by a mile. JOHNNY B. GOODE!!!!!!!!!

Edited by axlslash

He was ok. Started REALLY slow, did not like the CCR cover, and I don't like the Foos. Purple Rain was better than any Superbowl halftime set closer than anything I've ever seen (except for U2 doing Where the Streets Have No Names to the backdrop of the names of all of the 9/11 victims - that was fucking powerful). When Prince said "can I play this guitar?" all I was thinking was "YES YOU CAN!" Purple Rain was excellent, and that solo........whether or not you like his tunes, you gotta admit the little fuck can play!

Average performance overall with the two or three ok songs, then Purple Rain to blow it all to hell and back. Love that Prince!

ytb

That's his performance from the press conference. Blows the shit outa tonight by a mile. JOHNNY B. GOODE!!!!!!!!!

AGREED! \\m//

i can't believe he covered the foos. i thought it was Awesome.

guns should jam with him some day.

INDY WINS...is manning the greatest ever?

Edited by HOOSIER GUNZ

Rhodes should have been the SB MVP. Congrats Peyton, now people can shut up about you choking.

'cause he did it once? I mean, Manning's the best ever, but he's still a choker to me. He beat a tired defense that was having a bad day anyway, and the Bears offense scored what, 3 points in the last 50:00? Manning deserved it, and he's fantastic, but tonight's game was decided by the Bears. If Manning was choking, who'd notice? He didn't have anyone to beat!

You're smoking crack, right? Maybe not too familiar with McCartney?

McCartney's performance two years ago was the best Super Bowl performance, EVER.

In my opinion.

matt, normally i'm with you, but regardless of mccartney's catalogue, his performance that year was really weak. i'm not saying prince was better, but mccartney's was obviously lip synched and lacked any real emotion. he just did his standard 'i'm the cute one' routine, which was a response to the show a year ealier where ms. jackson (if you're nasty) decided to bust out her tit.

last year's stones performance was a fucking travesty.

all that being said, prince was alright, but i expected more.

in regards to the game, i'm glad peyton got it done. might not have been the best game of his career, but you can't say the sole reason for the colts winning was the bear's sucking. this was a long time coming and shoulda happened last year, i think tony dungy's personal life was what derailed them, not manning's choking. i bet peyton plays a whole lot different from here on out, now he's got that monkey off his back.

Rhodes should have been the SB MVP. Congrats Peyton, now people can shut up about you choking.

'cause he did it once? I mean, Manning's the best ever, but he's still a choker to me. He beat a tired defense that was having a bad day anyway, and the Bears offense scored what, 3 points in the last 50:00? Manning deserved it, and he's fantastic, but tonight's game was decided by the Bears. If Manning was choking, who'd notice? He didn't have anyone to beat!

Saying Manning was the best ever is ridiculous. No offense. When he retires and we can look at his numbers and his accomplishments, then it can be discussed. But there's a few names that come to mind before Manning is even an afterthought:

Unitas, Montana, Elway, Marino, Farve, Moon, Bradshaw, Young.

If you want to base it on numbers and accomplishments... Montana, Unitas and Farve are in a class of their own. Manning who? Don't get me wrong, I love Peyton... great football player. Genious offensive mind... but he needs to accomplish more to be listed with some of those names above.