Super Bowl??

Bailey15

The Super Bowl's target audience? Everyone watches the Super Bowl in the U.S.

I don't.

In fact, I don't understand why anyone with a brain would watch such crap.

Actually, having a brain has nothing to do with it...I don't understand why anyone with any amount of self-respect would watch that crap. Then again, I don't know why anyone with any self-respect would wait 14 years for Axl to get over himself and release a fucking album.

I have a perfectly functioning brain. There's nothing wrong with enjoying sports.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the stones were so great last year......however princes soli has a slash touch

The Stones were HORRIBLE last year. You could not even tell Keith was playing the riff for "Start Me Up." He was simply THAT bad. One of my teachers asked our class the next day if we saw the Rolling Stones during the Super Bowl and everyone was complaining about how bad they were. I am a big Rolling Stones fan, but they weren't good at all last year.

I am NOT a Prince fan AT ALL. But his performance was pretty good. He's got a ton of talent.

Edited by GNRfan2008

I've looked at this board from time to time, as I'm a pretty big GNR fan and I've always been curious about Chinese Democracy. I figured now would be an appropriate time to let you guys know a little information I found out at work on Friday.

I work for Crispin Porter + Bogusky, the ad agency that does work for Burger King, Coke Zero, Slim Jim, Miller Lite, etc.

I heard about the supposed March 6th release date from GNR's MySpace page, so I came here to see if that was actually going to happen. Once I saw the thread about the Super Bowl, I thought I'd check with the production logs and commercial release forms in our office to see if there were any plans for a GNR announcement of sorts.

I work in the Kansas City office, but we get to see the schedules for all commercials nationwide. According to the forms from the San Francisco office, there is a commercial titled "GNR promo" that is set to air in the late 3rd quarter. I couldn't find any more information regarding the contents of the 30-second spot.

I know there have been a million announcements regarding the album throughout the years, but I think this might be the real deal.

Oh dear...not again...

There's always someone who works somewhere who saw something related to GN'R...and they always somehow find a reason to sign up here to tell us all...

Just like the guy who worked at HMV who saw the notice telling employees not to talk about the album signing last year... which never happened...

Actually, that was Virgin Megastores, and actually, the person admitted about 2 days later on CD.com that they made up the whole thing.

That doesn't really change anything, does it?

It just proves that people lie to start rumors. The fact that he admitted he made it up only reinforces the point I was trying to make.

ah fuck im tired of your complaing and then re complaing about how right you always are ...i know bash me for my grammer or tell me im a douche ...whatever estranged

You're tired of my "complaining"? How is what I wrote in this thread a complaint?

And what does it have to do with you?

I'm just saying, there's always an alleged "insider" who appears once in a while in advance of a major event (such as the Superbowl) telling people GN'R are going to be involved somehow. If they could provide any amount of evidence, then maybe it would be worth getting excited over, but interestingly enough it's never anything more than hearsay...

I've got the Superbowl on, so I hope the third quarter brings a GN'R ad, but I doubt it. And I think it would be a waste of a couple million dollars to advertise that album to the Superbowl's target audience, as jack said.

look at ur post in this thread .then i made a comment and you re complained justifying the reason that your complaing about trying to prove you are right ...AMAZING

prince was awful tonight. He butchered more songs than Axl did at the VMAs

You've got to be kidding, dave.

He was amazing up there, approx. 100 million times more energetic, professional, and cool than Axl's VMA "performance" was.

easy there fella, though axl's voice was off that night there was nothing boring about that performance.

are losing.

Edit: dang it Ecco you ruined it! :P

their virginity to your mom

da BEARS were virgins?

hahahah at least u werent a douche about it ...kudos

If I didn't learn how to deal with "your mom" jokes a long time ago I'd be in prison by now. :xmasssanta:

And no, nothing. I certainly hope nobody took that "3rd quarter" post seriously.

Edited by Mav23

I've looked at this board from time to time, as I'm a pretty big GNR fan and I've always been curious about Chinese Democracy. I figured now would be an appropriate time to let you guys know a little information I found out at work on Friday.

I work for Crispin Porter + Bogusky, the ad agency that does work for Burger King, Coke Zero, Slim Jim, Miller Lite, etc.

I heard about the supposed March 6th release date from GNR's MySpace page, so I came here to see if that was actually going to happen. Once I saw the thread about the Super Bowl, I thought I'd check with the production logs and commercial release forms in our office to see if there were any plans for a GNR announcement of sorts.

I work in the Kansas City office, but we get to see the schedules for all commercials nationwide. According to the forms from the San Francisco office, there is a commercial titled "GNR promo" that is set to air in the late 3rd quarter. I couldn't find any more information regarding the contents of the 30-second spot.

I know there have been a million announcements regarding the album throughout the years, but I think this might be the real deal.

Oh dear...not again...

There's always someone who works somewhere who saw something related to GN'R...and they always somehow find a reason to sign up here to tell us all...

Just like the guy who worked at HMV who saw the notice telling employees not to talk about the album signing last year... which never happened...

Actually, that was Virgin Megastores, and actually, the person admitted about 2 days later on CD.com that they made up the whole thing.

It just proves that people lie to start rumors. The fact that he admitted he made it up only reinforces the point I was trying to make.

ah fuck im tired of your complaing and then re complaing about how right you always are ...i know bash me for my grammer or tell me im a douche ...whatever estranged

You're tired of my "complaining"? How is what I wrote in this thread a complaint?

I'm just saying, there's always an alleged "insider" who appears once in a while in advance of a major event (such as the Superbowl) telling people GN'R are going to be involved somehow. If they could provide any amount of evidence, then maybe it would be worth getting excited over, but interestingly enough it's never anything more than hearsay...

I've got the Superbowl on, so I hope the third quarter brings a GN'R ad, but I doubt it. And I think it would be a waste of a couple million dollars to advertise that album to the Superbowl's target audience, as jack said.

look at ur post in this thread .then i made a comment and you re complained justifying the reason that your complaing about trying to prove you are right ...AMAZING

If you think my previous reply to you is a "re complaint," you're crazy. No, strike that - you're just a very simplistic and antagonistic person who loves to fight, just as you did back when an admin had to tell you to stop it and deleted all your posts in the thread and you continued to post there and send me incoherent, ranting PMs... remember that?

If you've got a problem with me, as I said months ago when you first started having a go at me: send me a message. You came out of nowhere in this thread to attack me for something I wasn't doing, and now you're just resorting to immature cheap shots because you have nothing to back up your claims. You obviously have an issue with me, and spreading it about in a thread is not only off-topic, it's just downright lame.

Later.

prince was awful tonight...

I thought he did a great job. Very energetic, very charismatic - he really got the crowd into it. It was pretty powerful. His vocals were impressive, too.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Best half time show in years.
prince was awful tonight. He butchered more songs than Axl did at the VMAs

You've got to be kidding, dave.

He was amazing up there, approx. 100 million times more energetic, professional, and cool than Axl's VMA "performance" was.

easy there fella, though axl's voice was off that night there was nothing boring about that performance.

*fumes* *calms down* You're right, you're right. Axl's voice aside, it was hair-raisingly cool. But when Prince's honor is on the line, I tend to blow a few gaskets. :krider:

Oh dear...not again...

If you think my previous reply to you is a "re complaint," you're crazy. No, strike that - you're just a very simplistic and antagonistic person who loves to fight, just as you did back when an admin had to tell you to stop it and deleted all your posts in the thread and you continued to post there and send me incoherent, ranting PMs... remember that?

If you've got a problem with me, as I said months ago when you first started having a go at me: send me a message. You came out of nowhere in this thread to attack me for something I wasn't doing, and now you're just resorting to immature cheap shots because you have nothing to back up your claims. You obviously have an issue with me, and spreading it about in a thread is not only off-topic, it's just downright lame.

Later.

prince was awful tonight...

I thought he did a great job. Very energetic, very charismatic - he really got the crowd into it. It was pretty powerful. His vocals were impressive, too.

there you go makin shit up ..yup ..u got me ..i have a problem with u because every time some one disagrees with you,this is what you do ..you run them into the ground.YOUR A WHINER AND A COMPLAINER ..I SUPOSE IM SUPOSED TO KISS YOUR FEET RIGHT?...FUCK OFF.. next time ill just ignore you like everyone else does