My Rendition of the Sweet Child O Mine solo

It wasn't bad but your timing was off at times and it's just blasphemous to play that solo on an Epiphone.

and paying for a gibson is just plain stupid...

Exactly

Thanks for the critisim guys. I know the timing is off, I guess I should have played over a backing track.

oh sweetness... you're coming along pretty well, bro, but here's 2 things to consider.

1. epiphones suck a fuck, (but ok for practice purposes)

2. go over to freelicks.net and learn the solo note for note (bring smokes, cause it's a bitch), then you'll officially be a kick ass guitarist.

Alright, I'll have to check that out

So far, mygnrforum has been the only place Ive been told Epiphones suck. Everybody I know says theyre quality for the price and that there isnt that much you need to modify to come close to the Gibson sound (which I plan on doing).

Edited by sweetness

So far, mygnrforum has been the only place Ive been told Epiphones suck. Everybody I know says theyre quality for the price and that there isnt that much you need to modify to come close to the Gibson sound (which I plan on doing).

heres my probs with them, keep in mind my backup is an epiphone SG (for now). the body is made of plywood, which gives you shitty sustain, no matter what kind of pickups you use (gibsons have mahogany bodies). the G and B strings always buzz when you play agressively (as with most cheap guitars). the rest of the hardware is crap, too.

but mostly... it's plywood! if you ever chip the paint you'll be able to see the layers. don't put money into it.

equally important- don't ever trust aidlook! :P

Fact: You will never get near the Gibson sound with an Epiphone. Trust me.. I've had both.

Fact: You will never get near the Gibson sound with an Epiphone. Trust me.. I've had both.

you can if you're playing rhythm :shades:

Quad, only the Chinese Epis are plywood. I've got a standard from about 5 years ago, and its a big ol chunk of Mahogany topped with maple. He looks like he's got a Custom, probably the same thing. I'm not actually sure if they still make Korean Epis, Koreans started getting pretty damn good at making guitars. Play some of their Fenders, they fucking rule. Anywho, the solo, not bad, yea the wah was off, as was the timing, but hell, you've been playing a year, keep it up. But as quad said its a fucking bitch.

Sounded really cool to me dude... how long have you been playing?

Thanks, Ive been playing for a year.

a YEAR?!?!! seriously!!!

thank you thank you thank you cuz you just gave me ALL the incentive to practise. is that fuckin normal??? to be that good after a year??? how often do you practise??

a YEAR?!?!! seriously!!!

thank you thank you thank you cuz you just gave me ALL the incentive to practise. is that fuckin normal??? to be that good after a year??? how often do you practise??

I dont think it was too hard to get to where I am in a year. In a nutshell, I just started out running through the minor pentatonic, blues, minor, and major scales in different patterns, just to familiarize myself with them. Then after you fuck around with them enough you develope a good ear for different melodies and all of that shit. Then when youre ready, start playing along with your favorite songs. Its fun and a very good excersize. I put 2 to 4 hours a day into my practise, so it takes dedication for sure, but if you have fun with it theres no problem.

Edited by sweetness

a YEAR?!?!! seriously!!!

I dont think it was too hard to get to where I am in a year. In a nutshell, I just started out running through the minor pentatonic, blues, minor, and major scales in different patterns, just to familiarize myself with them. Then after you fuck around with them enough you develope a good ear for different melodies and all of that shit. Then when youre ready, start playing along with your favorite songs. Its fun and a very good excersize. I put 2 to 4 hours a day into my practise, so it takes dedication for sure, but if you have fun with it theres no problem.

i dont think im that smart. from where im sittin the shit looks...impossible :lol:

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

You've got pretty good tone.

It's tragic that no one even suggests departing from Les Pauls-Les Paul copies, there are too many good electric guitars to name and everyone gets stuck on one or the other. Look in different places, you can find a good instrument without paying for the name.