VIDEOGAME Thread...

I played the drums for Rock Band yesterday in a store and it was ridiculously fun. I'd get it if it doesn't seem a tad gay, cooler than playing Guitar Hero though I guess. I'd never get a whole virtual band together though, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

I think it comes out in September here :lol:, that's shocking.

I'm getting Rock Band tomorrow :D I wasn't going to get the full band equipment as it was so much but considering I have two guitars from Guitar Hero and a headset all I needed was a set of drums. I thought why not. Considering I'm going to be moving into a place of my own in less than two weeks it's going to be awesome having such a party game like that.

Also, GH4's shameful attempt at just playing catch-up with Harmonix again is quite embarrassing. The create-a-song mode is interesting, though.

RTN, pretty sure that the way things ended up, GH guitars not compatible with RB. Originally they were supposed to be supported, but Harmonix later changed mind.

Both RB and GH4 will kick ass, so for me much of it will come down to the tracklist comparison once we get more info on GH4's tracks. Without the killer tunes, becomes stale quickly, IMO.

Kinda cool that in GH4 you'll be able to pick various stadiums for your gigs, with each stadium having it's own unique setlist and crowd...

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Nah they are supported. It's the RB guitars don't work with GH because Neversoft are wankers.

actually, the ps3 version does no support the RB guitars, and the 360 does.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

then your good sir.

I will have to apparently dish out the cash for a ps3, since Beyond Good & Evil 2 will be on it (according to rumors)

Guest Jack_the_ripper

it's all speculation at this point, but rumor is it'll be coming out for 360 and ps3. It's in pre-production stages.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

motorstorm is absolute shit. It's really that simple, I think you have a wii, if your interested in motorstorm, go out and buy excite truck for the wii instead.

MGS4 is meant to be I believe a 20+ hour game, although I know nothing of the specifics of this game

and Drake's Fortune is from the looks of it, a 10+ hour game (My times might be completely off though, I'm not really 1 to ask about either of those games.)

MGS4 will have 45 min cut scenes though (or so it is rumored), so expect to not do anything for a while.

For PS3 owners, I have a couple questions.

How long is Uncharted: Drakes Island or what ever it is, and how long is MGS4 going to be? Is Motostorm any good?

Thanks.

Uncharted is fucking glorious and it's a shame it's been overlooked so much. Amazing game. It took me like 8 hours but it's an amazing 8 hours.

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

Guest Jack_the_ripper
it's all speculation at this point, but rumor is it'll be coming out for 360 and ps3. It's in pre-production stages.

That's awesome, loved the original!

yup, all the concept art is done, and story planning is finishing, Michel Ancil is just waiting for the greenlight from ubi, and they'll be in production.

There had to be a sequel after the way the first 1 finished, it was made originally to be a trilogy.

motorstorm is absolute shit. It's really that simple, I think you have a wii, if your interested in motorstorm, go out and buy excite truck for the wii instead.

MGS4 is meant to be I believe a 20+ hour game, although I know nothing of the specifics of this game

and Drake's Fortune is from the looks of it, a 10+ hour game (My times might be completely off though, I'm not really 1 to ask about either of those games.)

MGS4 will have 45 min cut scenes though (or so it is rumored), so expect to not do anything for a while.

I have Excite Truck. Its fucking AMAZING. So amazing, It might be as good as Mario Kart Wii.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
For PS3 owners, I have a couple questions.

How long is Uncharted: Drakes Island or what ever it is, and how long is MGS4 going to be? Is Motostorm any good?

Thanks.

Uncharted is fucking glorious and it's a shame it's been overlooked so much. Amazing game. It took me like 8 hours but it's an amazing 8 hours.

The reason it's been overlooked is that it's a game that's been done before. It doesn't bring anything new to the table, however what it does do, does it like no other. I actually enjoyed Drake's fortune, and is a must buy for all ps3 owners.

I have Excite Truck. Its fucking AMAZING. So amazing, It might be as good as Mario Kart Wii.

Yeah, Excite Truck a blast. Now think of online play being added to the next release ala Mario Kart--that would RULE...

The reason it's been overlooked is that it's a game that's been done before. It doesn't bring anything new to the table, however what it does do, does it like no other. I actually enjoyed Drake's fortune, and is a must buy for all ps3 owners.

i think it has original AI, i thought it was excellent that they would try to flank you and they would actually try to dodge your bullets. in most other games the enmy just bobs up and down behind cover and it's not challenging at all to aim. it also looks very stunning which helps. too bad it's only 8 hours :(

MGS4 was rumoured to be 25+ hours and i've even heard that the final cut scene is 90 mins!? either way it'll be great. it's filled up a whole blu ray, and the rumours about them using uncompressed audio just to fill a blu ray turned out to be faulse

Guest Jack_the_ripper

i think it has original AI, i thought it was excellent that they would try to flank you and they would actually try to dodge your bullets. in most other games the enmy just bobs up and down behind cover and it's not challenging at all to aim. it also looks very stunning which helps. too bad it's only 8 hours :(

MGS4 was rumoured to be 25+ hours and i've even heard that the final cut scene is 90 mins!? either way it'll be great. it's filled up a whole blu ray, and the rumours about them using uncompressed audio just to fill a blu ray turned out to be faulse

the AI in farcry did that.

I mean, I'm sure MGS 4 will be the opus of the series, I just don't think 30-40 min cutscenes have their places in games. I mean, I want to play a game, not watch it.