VIDEOGAME Thread...

I'm debating if I want to get Dead Space again (my brother had it once then got rid of it and my friend had it and got rid of it after he was done with it, so I never got to play through the whole thing) or Resident Evil 5. Maybe I'll get Dead Space for now because I know I like that and get Resident Evil 5 some other time. :shrugs:

I was really looking forward to Res 5 but it's not the survival horror type of game I was expecting, I'll still get it though, just busy with killzone 2 and sega megadrive ultimate collection.

Nah, it's not survival horror at all. They fucking have INFECTED with GUNS! I fucking facepalmed when that happened. But, the game is worth it for the online co-op and Wesker being a badass.

Completed Resident Evil 5. I get the feeling it's going to be a game I'll rarely play in single-player as it's real appeal lies in co-op.

Must say though, I was a little underwhelmed. The first few levels in Africa are great but once we get to the inevitable secret lab it starts to feel somewhat tired. I think it was Edge magazine that said the plot gives way to 'fan fondling' and they had a point. Once Wesker turns up it just gets silly. Capcom should give up trying to tie all the plots together (I'm assuming the parts with Jill and Wesker happen in Umbrella Chronicles?) and just start with something new. Let Umbrella and the whole 'decade long conspiracy to create super-humans' die.

Completed Resident Evil 5. I get the feeling it's going to be a game I'll rarely play in single-player as it's real appeal lies in co-op.

Must say though, I was a little underwhelmed. The first few levels in Africa are great but once we get to the inevitable secret lab it starts to feel somewhat tired. I think it was Edge magazine that said the plot gives way to 'fan fondling' and they had a point. Once Wesker turns up it just gets silly. Capcom should give up trying to tie all the plots together (I'm assuming the parts with Jill and Wesker happen in Umbrella Chronicles?) and just start with something new. Let Umbrella and the whole 'decade long conspiracy to create super-humans' die.

Jill and Wesker was in Code Veronica, she saves Chris' life by tackling Wesker off of him and through a window taking herself with him

There really is no pleasing everyone. One of the biggest complaints about RE4 was that it felt like canon and that absolutely nothing was resolved from previous Resident Evils. Now you're complaining that they're actually tying up loose ends in RE5? I dunno, I've been a fan of RE since I first played it when I was 7. So after all these years, of course I want some story development to occur.

I am disappointed that they

killed Wesker
, though. He was just the epitome of badass in this game.

i'm pretty annoyed i can't get into killzone 2 online. i loved the single player but the multiplayer isn't catching me. and i want it to.

SONY really have to encourage people to talk online, it really takes away from the online experience in all games

@ Vicious: Yeah, I know what you mean about the online talking. It pisses me off so much when people don't have a mic or don't have their on.

@ Superfuzz: I guess I mean in general I suppose. Personally, I never really got into Resident Evil. Not saying it's bad at all, I just prefer Dead Space. Even though I'm sort of going out on a limb since there is only one Dead Space game as of now and 5 RE games.

Jill and Wesker was in Code Veronica, she saves Chris' life by tackling Wesker off of him and through a window taking herself with him

It was? I'll have to track it down and play it again.

There really is no pleasing everyone. One of the biggest complaints about RE4 was that it felt like canon and that absolutely nothing was resolved from previous Resident Evils. Now you're complaining that they're actually tying up loose ends in RE5? I dunno, I've been a fan of RE since I first played it when I was 7. So after all these years, of course I want some story development to occur.

I am disappointed that they

killed Wesker
, though. He was just the epitome of badass in this game.

I liked RE4. It felt fresh.

I don't have a problem with story development just Capcom's writers really.

I've been playing LittleBigPlanet nonstop again. With all of these awesome, custom, sticker costumes and what not, it got me back into the swing of playing. Also, some of the levels people have created are literally amazing to say the least! I'm making one myself, although all it is is a costume gallery, but it's still going to be as good as I can make it. For this time at least...

Been playing alot of 360 recently due to unemployment, spending a shit load of time on forge on the new Halo maps and theres so much you can do on them its great...

Also looking forward to my brother getting his PS3 tomorrow so I can get on LBP...

Oh yeah anyone heard about this OnLive thing? Its a box you can plug into any computer and it basicaly streams games for you so you can play games like Crysis on low spec pcs OnLive Demo

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur