AC/DC new album!

Death Star

Well everyone struggeles with their singin voices when they age. And just think of how how demandin' Brians "vocals" must be. I think that he is soundin good - actually better than a few years back, maybe a break has done him good?

Listen to Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Rob Halford etc. They all struggle or at least their voices have changed a lot.

I just hate this still ongoing Bon vs. Brian thing. True nobody can be Bon Scott except Bon Scott, but if you have to replace him I can't think of anybody better than Brian. He just fits to the band. I guess some people would have wanted Dave Evans back OMG :)

Edited by Teroz

True nobody can be Bon Scott except Bon Scott, but if you have to replace him I can't think of anybody better than Brian.

Exactly what I was going to post.....cept I got too lazy :). There could have been no better replacement.

Brian's voice has changed, but listening to that Back In Black video that highvoltage posted, it sounds just as good as it did back in 1990.

I actually like Brian more than Bon. I grew up with Brian so he has always been my favorite. I respect Bon Scott a lot though. Bon was a hell of a frontman and I can understand why so many people believe that he can never be replaced. I agree with Teroz, there was no better replacement than Brian Johnson. He fits the band perfectly.

Undoubtedly his voice has changed, but that doesn't mean he doesn't "have it" anymore. He's still in better shape than a guy like Axl, if you ask me.

A couple vids from recent years (i've posted one of them before):

Back In Black - Live in 2005

Black Dog - From a reunion tour with Geordie in 2001

Whole Lotta Rosie - With some random band a few weeks ago

I mean... listen to that performance of Back In Black and tell me he still doesn't "have it". He completely nails the song. I'll agree that his voice has changed - but so has the style of music. The band's pursued a bluesier sound on their two most recent albums. It didn't work at all on Ballbreaker, but Stiff Upper Lip was a great album. His voice suited the style they were playing.

Exactly. Highvoltage is just trying to explain that Brian hasn't "lost" his voice. He still has great vocal strength, but yes, it has changed.

Either way, Brian Johnson is nowhere near losing his voice.

Undoubtedly his voice has changed, but that doesn't mean he doesn't "have it" anymore. He's still in better shape than a guy like Axl, if you ask me.

A couple vids from recent years (i've posted one of them before):

Back In Black - Live in 2005

Black Dog - From a reunion tour with Geordie in 2001

Whole Lotta Rosie - With some random band a few weeks ago

I mean... listen to that performance of Back In Black and tell me he still doesn't "have it". He completely nails the song. I'll agree that his voice has changed - but so has the style of music. The band's pursued a bluesier sound on their two most recent albums. It didn't work at all on Ballbreaker, but Stiff Upper Lip was a great album. His voice suited the style they were playing.

Wow, that Black Dog/Rock And Roll vid...I just fell in love with Brian all over again! rock3

Edited by Powerage5

I've always preferred Brian to Bon. I just prefer his voice and singing to Bon's.

AC/DC has some great songs (my favourite is Who Made Who, and Back in Black is an awesome album). But there just isn't enough variety there. It doesn't take long for them to bore me.

Edited by KBear

I think he sounds better than bon scott.

I agree his voice is clearly far better, it has more growl and less whine.

I disagree.

I think Johnson's voice is very whiny. Scott's got that rock n' roll essence to it. Gravelly, yet still powerful when he goes for the higher notes.

Highway to Hell will always be my favourite AC/DC album. Love it.

I prefer Brian Johnson to Bon Scott. He definitely hasn't lost his voice!

I haven't got the chance to see acdc yet, I am really looking forward to a new album and a new Tour.

Edited by st0n3r

It's quite difficult to choose between Brian and Bon. Bon was the orignal, and will always be remembered, at the same time when I first discovered the band I listened to later stuff which means Brian. So for me Brian was the voice off AC/DC.

I can't say that I like AC/DC with better or worse than with Bon, nor the other way around.

AC/DC is maybe the only band who has managed to change the singer and still be just as good.

It's quite difficult to choose between Brian and Bon. Bon was the orignal, and will always be remembered, at the same time when I first discovered the band I listened to later stuff which means Brian. So for me Brian was the voice off AC/DC.

I can't say that I like AC/DC with better or worse than with Bon, nor the other way around.

AC/DC is maybe the only band who has managed to change the singer and still be just as good.

²

rock2 rock3 rock1 rock4

I disagree.

I think Johnson's voice is very whiny. Scott's got that rock n' roll essence to it. Gravelly, yet still powerful when he goes for the higher notes.

No way, Powerage is the definitive AC/DC album, and also one of the most underrated albums of all time, IMO

I disagree.

No way, Powerage is the definitive AC/DC album, and also one of the most underrated albums of all time, IMO

I think everyone knows that Back in Black is the definitive AC/DC album, Im not even sure anyone can argue that. It has the most critical acclaim and has out sold (by millions) any other albums they've made. Saying anything to the contrary is laughable.

I disagree.

I think everyone knows that Back in Black is the definitive AC/DC album, Im not even sure anyone can argue that. It has the most critical acclaim and has out sold (by millions) any other albums they've made. Saying anything to the contrary is laughable.

I'm willing to argue it. Especially what you said about critical acclaim.

It might have sold the most, but it's in no way a better album than Highway To Hell or Powerage.