Ozzy Osbourne appreciation thread

Dead Flower

Guest Len B'stard

Couple of good songs, that first album was alright and that one with Paranoid on it. Even they're OK, mostly bullshit though, post Cream loudness that doesn't really do anything for me. Most of thats to do with the lyrics though, musically i quite like some of it but all that...fuckin fantasy ooooh look at us tryna be scary is kinda patronising. Meathead shit which there's nothing wrong with if there's a sense of humor to it but i don't see any in Sabbath. Its just boring and repetitive what i've heard.

Even in the legendary drug taker stakes Ozzy comes in short, not that that shits clever or fun but come on, hellraisers, Mr Keith Moon springs to mind :D But yeah, boring for what i've heard.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

One of the best musicians ever.

I never knew you liked Ozzy. :mellow:

Who doesn't love Ozzy? He is beyond awesome. Great singer, great performer live, got a unique personality and charisma. The man can barely walk or talk anymore but he still sings better than 99.9% of the world, and he is still one of the very best on stage. I still regret that I missed him when he was in Sweden with Sabbath in... what was it? 2005 or 2006? I don't know, but anyways, I was too dumbstingy back then. :(

Hard to believe Black Sabbath and Duran Duran are from the same area.

Also, Geezer Butler could've easily been the bassist in Led Zeppelin after reading that book, esp. when Iommi took off to work with Tull. Plant's working with his pre Zep band on a new CD. But it would be interesting if Geezer and Robert wrote some songs together.

He's managed to stay relevant in 42 years. But what's funny is if you were to tell someone in the early 80s that Rob Halford was gay and Ozzy was going to sell Pepsi, cover a Bee Gees song, and be a household name that your family (that can't stand metal) was going to watch, you'd tell them they were crazy. But he DID record a song with Madonna right before she was famous, with Don Was, right before he became a renowned producer, and right before she became megafamous.