stebarker

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

people are gonna que all day???? fuck that, theres really no need

Are you an arrive late and push yourself to the front kind of guy? :rofl-lol:

Anyone else going to be making their way to Piccadilly station after the show. Me and my brother have to hide out there till about 3 in the morning to get a train home. Anyone know if the station staff will have a problem with that?

they wont have a problem with it, no

but are you sure trains will run at that time? I dont think they will- the first train is t 4.30-5.00 isnt it? in fairness i havnt looked- but i would seriously advise it mate

I meant Paddington :drevil:

And yeah I called their automated service the other day they kick off around 3. Might just hang at Greenwich till 6 though. Fingers crossed there will be somewhere to sit that isn't outside, try and avoid this whole knife culture thing :huh:

It's times like these I really wish the band would, just once, clock in and out at the normal time, I'm more worried for my brothers safety than my own. I can't describe how appreciative I would be if they finished at the proper time.

Greenwich, around the o2 area, is not a bad area at all.

I'm from South East London, and the o2 is about 9 miles away. While the surrounding area is a bit of a mixed bag, the reputation that South London gets about being the knife capital of the country is a hyperbole.

no not at all, but iv been to loads of gigs and im even a tech for bands and you dont need to get there that early at all, maybe an hour before doors open. most people when they go in go to the toilet or bar etc anyways. trust me , your wasting your time queing up for hours and hours before.

no not at all, but iv been to loads of gigs and im even a tech for bands and you dont need to get there that early at all, maybe an hour before doors open. most people when they go in go to the toilet or bar etc anyways. trust me , your wasting your time queing up for hours and hours before.

I think waiting outside the venue is a part of the experience if folk are up for it. I have waited outside for hours for GN'R, VR, Slash and Deep Purple and 9 times out of 10 I have been at the front.

My tickets arrived this morning. My day has been made. :thumbsup:

I think waiting outside the venue is a part of the experience if folk are up for it. I have waited outside for hours for GN'R, VR, Slash and Deep Purple and 9 times out of 10 I have been at the front.

iv done it too but really theres no need to sit outside in the wet and cold for like 6 hours, thats just gay hahaha.

but......i CANNOT wait for the 13th, i have a feeling its gonna be good and maybe an axl rant???

Anyone think we might get Catcher? It's the anniversary of Lennon's death and he was English (how else could he have been so awesome) It would be an awesome tribute, even if the majority of the audience don't know why.

Axl said in the chats that:

"The piano started while watching a documentary or A&E type show on Chapman and wanting to write something for Lennon and his family."

So there is defiantly a connection there.

He talks about the writing and thinking behind Catcher if anyone's interested.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=134102&st=0&p=2304653&hl=family&fromsearch=1

It's still one of my favourite books just for the way it's written and how genuine it feels. I never got that strong an emotional connection others seem to think it has though but I can see how one can be made, at heart I have always seen it as a teenage angst novel which would draw in a lot of young and impressionable readers, especailly today. *My view, not Axl's in case anyone thought this was a quote*

Anyway....bring on Catcher!

Edited by plonker88

Catcher would be great to hear live, it's on of my favourite songs from Chinese democracy. I've been attending many shows on this tour from festival ones to shows abroad . I'm going to all 4 of the uk shows coming up so really hoping I get to hear catcher live! O and nice boys would be a bonus .

Axl really values London shows, I remember in 2006 him randomly singing an awesome cover of Rod Stewarts "sailing" then having a live lottery in stage for a free accoudtoc show after the gig for the front row and some competition winners. I went to that show at the cuckoo and it was prob the best night of my life.

So, in a nutshell London shows tend to have a certain aura, let's not stop now uncle axl !

iv done it too but really theres no need to sit outside in the wet and cold for like 6 hours, thats just gay hahaha.

Hopefully the weather in Manchester won't be too bad on the day of the gig. Waiting can be tedious that's a given but if you can wait for several hours outside the venue then waiting for GN'R to hit the stage should be a doddle.

Going to the LG arena next sunday and I've got standing tix. They are numbered and I have to use a particular entrance, anyone know if you have to stand in a particular area ar if the standing areas are divided up into sections - never been to this arena.

Thanks

Going to the LG arena next sunday and I've got standing tix. They are numbered and I have to use a particular entrance, anyone know if you have to stand in a particular area ar if the standing areas are divided up into sections - never been to this arena.

Thanks

No, there is just 1 standing area for people with standing tickets.

They use different entrances sometimes for even dispersal of folk when you enter the building - so 4000 standing fans arnt trying to squeeze through 1 dor etc

Thanks

No, there is just 1 standing area for people with standing tickets.

They use different entrances sometimes for even dispersal of folk when you enter the building - so 4000 standing fans arnt trying to squeeze through 1 dor etc

Thanks for that!

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Got my Birmingham tickets on Friday. Hopefully I'll get my Manchester tickets before I leave for London on Wednesday to save me having to pick them up on the day.

Can't believe its only three days away now :o

So excited WOOOOT :kiss: