Guns N' Roses, 13 October 2010, London (Discussion)

Azazel

From o2, via email :rofl-lol:

Please note: You may be aware that Guns N' Roses shows this year have finished later than scheduled. To minimise the impact of this The O2 have worked closely with TfL to provide additional transport services should the show over run after the last Jubilee Line service at 00:16 into Central London. The last eastbound Jubilee Line service (Stratford) is at 01:04. Please read our transport information to help with your journey home.

Idiots should have put it the other way around; people going back via central London will far exceed those going to the east end

They're just the normal tube times, they're saying if it concert finishes later than either of them. Alternative transport will be provided.

I spent money on an expensive hotel because I assumed the tube would have been finished by the time the concert was over.

Great :fuckyou:

Cancel your reservation!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt anyone could help with this but I was planning on eating in the American Bar and Grill in the o2, me and my fiance are obsessed with American food like TGIF's and stuff. Been eyeing that place since I was meant to go to the o2 for the Michael Jackson shows, that obviously never happend.

I've been reading horrible reviews though, has anyone ever ate there, how was it?

Edited by axl_on_drums

Anybody knows how many standing places there are? And if you want to queue outside for the standing area, do you have to go to a special gate or something? Never been to O2 before..

Not sure on numbers but you'll be able to get into the 'o2' itself all day because it has restaurants and things inside. As you walk round there will be various different entrances for both seating and standing. On my standing ticket it says which entrance to go to and I think they stay the same regardless of gig so anytime of day you should be able to see where you want to queue.

Okay, thanks. I think I'll be there early so that I can ask someone and be sure I'm queuing the right place. It would suck if I went the wrong place for hours.

And one more question. The box office, does anyone know where that is? I have to collect my tickets there, and I've no idea where it is. I've asket Ticketmaster several times, but they never answer..

Why don't "the tubes" run that late?

All of you people seem so dependent on public transportation, it's amazing they don't run all night.

We have 24hr buses, but the underground has always shut at night. It only shuts for 6 hours or something, so not too bad if you get stuck somewhere, worse can happen.

Okay, wondering if anyone can help. Could someone tell me which night buses would take me to Trafalgar Square so I can get either the N44 or N155 home? My knowledge of buses in central London is bad.

I have no actual reason for posting in this thread, except for the fact that Im so excited!!!!!!!

Last saw them in Norway and it was fuckin awesome, and Im pumped for this longer setlist, as it was a bit more basic a few months ago.

O2 is the UK's best arena. 2 night in a row, bring it on! rock1 rock3 rock2

For you guys going to all 4 UK gigs, this may interest you.

The Guns N' Roses PRE, DURING and AFTER party

Where: Walkabout Manchester

Promoter: Walkabout

Doors Open: 18 Oct 2010 12:00:00

Doors Close: 19 Oct 2010 01:30:00

Entry Requirements: Over 18s only. Photo ID required.

Entry Fee: Free entry all day. From 11pm £2 entry.

Description:

106.1 Rock Radio and Walkabout are back again to bring the sweetest of parties. On Monday 18th October, Rock Radio is calling all Guns N' Roses fans to party hard in Paradise City at the PRE, DURING and AFTER the gig at the Walkabout Manchester!! From 3pm onwards we'll be blaring out the best of Guns N' Roses through the speakers and on the big screen!! By night we'll be kicking this party to a rock shaped frenzy with the one and only ROCKAOKE! There’ll be loads of prize giveaways and as the clock strikes midnight we'll be announcing the prize for the best dressed Guns N' Roses fan in the building!!... So get your rockout and your costume on for your chance to win a bar tab for the night!! It’s free entry all day... then entry 2 quid on the door after 11pm. The Guns N' Roses PRE, DURING and AFTER party Monday 18 October 2010 all day and into the night Walkabout, Quay Street, Manchester with 106.1 Rock Radio.

Performances:

•Rockaoke

Starts: 18 Oct 2010 22:00:00

•Rock Radio 106.1

Starts: 18 Oct 2010 15:00:00

http://www.walkabout.eu.com/venues/Walkabout-Manchester/events/

Anybody knows how many standing places there are? And if you want to queue outside for the standing area, do you have to go to a special gate or something? Never been to O2 before..

Not sure on numbers but you'll be able to get into the 'o2' itself all day because it has restaurants and things inside. As you walk round there will be various different entrances for both seating and standing. On my standing ticket it says which entrance to go to and I think they stay the same regardless of gig so anytime of day you should be able to see where you want to queue.

Okay, thanks. I think I'll be there early so that I can ask someone and be sure I'm queuing the right place. It would suck if I went the wrong place for hours.

And one more question. The box office, does anyone know where that is? I have to collect my tickets there, and I've no idea where it is. I've asket Ticketmaster several times, but they never answer..

When I went to see NIN I had to collect my tickets also and the booths were to the left of the main entrance, not actually inside the o2 through the main doors to the restaurants and stuff, but underneath the white covering bit (if you have seen the Dome you will know what I mean). I am unsure how many entrances there are as I have only ever used the one about 200m from the tube station but that is where I collected my tickets from. Hard to miss.

There are obviously bars in the O2 itself, but you are likely to pay top dollar for drinks in there, may be better to congregate somewhere like here http://search.visitbritain.com/en-GB/details.aspx?ContentID=116099&viewname=facilities

Seems a popular pre-O2 beer venue, and very close too...

Prices in the dome aren't too dear for the London, you can shop around, lots of bars and restaurants. It's not like your typical arena, more like a mall.

For you guys going to all 4 UK gigs, this may interest you.

The Guns N' Roses PRE, DURING and AFTER party

Where: Walkabout Manchester

Promoter: Walkabout

Doors Open: 18 Oct 2010 12:00:00

Doors Close: 19 Oct 2010 01:30:00

Entry Requirements: Over 18s only. Photo ID required.

Entry Fee: Free entry all day. From 11pm £2 entry.

Description:

106.1 Rock Radio and Walkabout are back again to bring the sweetest of parties. On Monday 18th October, Rock Radio is calling all Guns N' Roses fans to party hard in Paradise City at the PRE, DURING and AFTER the gig at the Walkabout Manchester!! From 3pm onwards we'll be blaring out the best of Guns N' Roses through the speakers and on the big screen!! By night we'll be kicking this party to a rock shaped frenzy with the one and only ROCKAOKE! There’ll be loads of prize giveaways and as the clock strikes midnight we'll be announcing the prize for the best dressed Guns N' Roses fan in the building!!... So get your rockout and your costume on for your chance to win a bar tab for the night!! It’s free entry all day... then entry 2 quid on the door after 11pm. The Guns N' Roses PRE, DURING and AFTER party Monday 18 October 2010 all day and into the night Walkabout, Quay Street, Manchester with 106.1 Rock Radio.

Performances:

•Rockaoke

Starts: 18 Oct 2010 22:00:00

•Rock Radio 106.1

Starts: 18 Oct 2010 15:00:00

http://www.walkabout.eu.com/venues/Walkabout-Manchester/events/

thats sounds shit till 1 am what time are they expecting the show to finish lol

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

How the hell Bon Jovi played 20 nights in a row there?!

I was thinking the same thing a few days ago :scared:

I mean to the general public haven't they only one hit? I'll probably be proved wrong but most people only seem to know Living on a Prayer

I mean to the general public haven't they only one hit? I'll probably be proved wrong but most people only seem to know Living on a Prayer

ive checked journeyplanner but still cant find the night bus that goes from the o2 to trafulgar square or leicester square

can somebody who knows please help? :thumbsup:

Edited by yes i love you

Bon Jovi have had 18 'Top 10' hits in the UK Singles Chart.

When I went to see NIN I had to collect my tickets also and the booths were to the left of the main entrance, not actually inside the o2 through the main doors to the restaurants and stuff, but underneath the white covering bit (if you have seen the Dome you will know what I mean). I am unsure how many entrances there are as I have only ever used the one about 200m from the tube station but that is where I collected my tickets from. Hard to miss.

Thanks, that helped a lot!

Bon Jovi have had 18 'Top 10' hits in the UK Singles Chart.

Awesome.