GNR fans should be proud

bangit

Regarding all this crap, speculation, rumour / half truths

Im pleasantly surprised to see how most of the community has come to defend the band and are not behind the release of any personal / private docs.

We support this band and love it. This is not about leaks of music, snippets or anything that we may desire. The personal / private nature of what is claimed is simply a fucking disgrace - it really shows how much people here love this band and are in total support of them.

Long live GNR and the amazing fanbase that i am proud to be part of.

Sign this thread to show you support against this shit and for AXL and Guns, past and present. The best band in the world.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding all this crap, speculation, rumour / half truths

Im pleasantly surprised to see how most of the community has come to defend the band and are not behind the release of any personal / private docs.

We support this band and love it. This is not about leaks of music, snippets or anything that we may desire. The personal / private nature of what is claimed is simply a fucking disgrace - it really shows how much people here love this band and are in total support of them.

Long live GNR and the amazing fanbase that i am proud to be part of.

Sign this thread to show you support against this shit and for AXL and Guns, past and present. The best band in the world.

I'll definitely co-sign that! The band doesn't deserve that after all they went through they gave us a great album in CD. I cant wait for whats in store!! Fuck MSL and whatever he has. If he does have something and posts it I for one will skip that out of respect for this band.

Signed.

I would not mind a fresh song or two but I do NOT want to see those documents, that's the bands own business and not for the public.

Also don't want the band to be blackmailed or played out against each other about that shit.

FUCK MSL. SUPPORT GUNS N' ROSES.

Agreed. It's just the matter of basic principles of human conduct. Whether you receive something that is stolen or you steal it yourself, you are still in possession of something that does not belong to you. It's as simple as that. Any justifications for this sort of behavior is just to make sure that lawyers still have jobs, but I generally prefer to apply common sense to these situations, and in most cases it is a valid approach. I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious about this kind of stuff and any fan would be, especially with the level of secrecy that Gn'R has run its operations since the beginning of the 90s, call it human nature or call it whatever, but people like to read about stuff that interests them. You could ask, why would you be interested in sb.'s financial documents or personal e-mails? I don't know. But it is what it is. On the other hand, there are certain restrictions, and being a public figure or a member of a widely known organization such as Guns n' Roses does not justify extortion and theft. With all the governments and private companies having their internal documents leaked by these self-proclaimed 'freedom-fighters' I think has put an idea into people's heads that stealing through internet is somehow more legal and OK than physically breaking into somebody's home and taking their stuff. The truth is, it isn't and that's that.

I would listen to any leaked song - I can't lie. And its just because it could be 10 years before we get another album. BUT I have no interest in reading personal emails or personal business information. And if I would have been mailed the same info that MSL has, I would have contacted the band and said "hook me up with tickets to a show in the future....and do u want me to burn these docs or mail them back to you?"

I'm kind of split on this.

On one hand I respect Axl and his desire to move at a turtles pace when it comes to releasing new music, Yet GNR is a machine and the fans believe or not are the only things keeping it running, much like any other band. We turned out in droves to to see them in 2010 putting another couple of mill in the bank, and in turn GNR put on the best shows of their life.

Also I'm personally fed up with the annoying cock teasing from the the fuck head who's running the facebooks and twitter, with his "lay some tracks" shit etc.

It's sad that the supposed Feb plans were leaked but to be honest I'm with MSL on this, if nothing happnes we should find out anyway.

I'm thinking more for the band at this point. They want to play, they want to record, how long can a rock band last without those two things.

It's sad that the supposed Feb plans were leaked but to be honest I'm with MSL on this, if nothing happnes we should find out anyway.

I'm thinking more for the band at this point. They want to play, they want to record, how long can a rock band last without those two things.

Two things:

1) If the plans MSL reveals never happen, and he says they probably won't, how will we ever know if they ever were actual plans or complete fiction on his part?

2) The band can last without having personal communication and financial information stolen and/or revealed publicly. Same thing with Axl's autobiography.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Two things:

1) If the plans MSL reveals never happen, and he says they probably won't, how will we ever know if they ever were actual plans or complete fiction on his part?

2) The band can last without having personal communication and financial information stolen and/or revealed publicly. Same thing with Axl's autobiography.

Ali

They can quite easily make a statment whatever way they like regarding the authenticity of these files.. Here, twitter, facebook etc.

I don't really care to read some leaked bversion of Axl's book, I also don't care about financial information regarding GNR.

The supposed 2011 plans would interest me though, plans that were made out for the fans

Two things:

Ali

They can quite easily make a statment whatever way they like regarding the authenticity of these files.. Here, twitter, facebook etc.

I don't really care to read some leaked bversion of Axl's book, I also don't care about financial information regarding GNR.

The supposed 2011 plans would interest me though, plans that were made out for the fans

If one doesn't care about the the royalty rate information, etc., then there is nothing to be on the fence on with regards to MSL dangling that information. It's unnecessary at best.

As far as the supposed 2011 plans, is it really interesting when you have no idea if it was ever true or just a figment of someone's imagination? MSL has left himself a huge out. "I'll publish the 2011 plans, but they probably won't happen". Nice. Now, there is no way of proving or disproving what he's saying. He's covered his ass completely there by adding that caveat.

Ali