GNR fans should be proud

bangit

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I totally disapprove of stealing people's shit, I'm also a realist. To me, this is like standing in a room full of lions with a meat outfit on. Chances are, those lions are going to either kick your ass to the point of hospitalization or kill you. It's just the way it is.

Axl Rose, over the last 17 years, has made it priority #1 to keep everything private. No interviews, no updates, no new music..nothing. To do that in this day and age is like baiting hungry lions. Hackers and leakers are going to view this as a challenge. If these people are also FANS, then you're REALLY up shit creek. It's not right for them to steal shit, but you have to expect it sooner or later when you're behaving in a way that you know pisses these people off. No one is safe from hacking, not even Axl himself.

If any of this turns out to be true, I know how he'll react...we all do. But it would probably be better if he just cut the losses and learned from it and started having a real open and honest connection with his fans. Let them hear clips of new songs in the studio via youtube. Show them what's going on and be open. Talk to them. It may not stop this sort of thing, but it sure as hell would tone it down this feeding frenzy sort of mentality.

Edited by Nintari

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

While I totally disapprove of stealing people's shit, I'm also a realist. To me, this is like standing in a room full of lions with a meat outfit on. Chances are, those lions are going to either kick your ass to the point of hospitalization or kill you. It's just the way it is.

Axl Rose, over the last 17 years, has made it priority #1 to keep everything private. No interviews, no updates, no new music..nothing. To do that in this day and age is like baiting hungry lions. Hackers and leakers are going to view this as a challenge. If these people are also FANS, then you're REALLY up shit creek. It's not right for them to steal shit, but you have to expect it sooner or later when you're behaving in a way that you know pisses these people off. No one is safe from hacking, not even Axl himself.

If any of this turns out to be true, I know how he'll react...we all do. But it would probably be better if he just cut the losses and learned from it and started having a real open and honest connection with his fans. Let them hear clips of new songs in the studio via youtube. Show them what's going on and be open. Talk to them. It may not stop this sort of thing, but it sure as hell would tone it down this feeding frenzy sort of mentality.

I take your point but Axl isn't influenced by ANYONE and I love him for it.

If any of this turns out to be true, I know how he'll react...we all do. But it would probably be better if he just cut the losses and learned from it and started having a real open and honest connection with his fans. Let them hear clips of new songs in the studio via youtube. Show them what's going on and be open. It may not stop this sort of thing, but it sure as hell would tone it down and stop the feeding frenzy sort of mentality.

Stealing shit is wrong, period. Pissing people off does not give them the right to break the law. Being private should not and does not mean subjecting yourself to retribution through illegal activity.

Ali

That's the thing: in all honesty, MSL's motivations here are purely selfish. He is trying to get attention and notoriety by doing this in such a public way. The motivation was never about being some kind of Robin Hood for GN'R fans everywhere. If that was the case, he wouldn't be so intent on drawing so much attention to himself.

Ali

Were all fans here, non of us want to see files, / personal docs released that may compromise the band /future tours / anything else. Especially for one complete tossers personal gain.

I'll repeat: Most fans here want nothing to do with this - leaks of music is one thing, leaks of private /personal docs is another, most hardcore GNR fans collectively seem to say, NO!

AXL, the Band, management, be thankful we have stayed true and most of us have that streak of 'good', running through our veins, despite being desperate for new music!

Hoping for a tour, possible new album etc.. when your ready AXL, not at some cunts whim / personal gratification / attention.

Edited by bangit

Signed. Great community on the whole. Hope all this bs that is going on doesn't bring down the band and stop any creative juices that may be flowing right now. As curious as the next person to know the ins and outs of what's going on but what I'm reading seems too wrong!

I agree with you %100.

Sometimes it's the things you don't do that hurt yourself.

Enevtually, something will happen, in this case, it's happened fast.

Now, their dealing with a hoarder who is well known for leaking songs. He now has the power to do whatever with the songs and the personal dcuments he has.

Even though there are legal actions, and he did the wrong by posting the video on youtube. Who says while the cop's are coming over he does'nt leak a song on megaupload before they come knockin on his door. He has alot of stuff (as far as I know of) and nobody knows what he's gonna do with it.

I think though he should wait alittle bit. If there was nothing until say May or June, than release a leak, or and update. Don't force GN'R to do stuff becuase they were supposed to do it becuase of your personal powerpoint.

Thing's don't always go as planned.

I don't want to see the band embarassed, but I'm not going to lie. I would like to see some of those documents and I probaly would download any new leak.

i feel the same, i don't want none of those documents/music to get leaked, but if they are what the hell...

signed,

but the people that are signing will no doubt download the documents the second they hit the net, so this whole idea goes out the window lol

agreed. fuck the leaks. this band just got done touring every continent on the wold (besides antartica). the band is tight and the members are exciting. and you can see their enthusiasm to put out new matierial. stealing their (gnr's) property or dispersing stolen property is not only illegal, but its pathetic. to that small number of you looking for a thrill of leaking material or playing spolier to potential announcemnets, if you want to feel important, do something that is important. if you want success, create your own.

im thrilled to see so many against this bullshit. one of the first good feelings ive gotten from these boards in years