I'm worried about Axl...is he sick or on drugs?

watchman

Hi, first post here to voice an honest concern.

I’m not complaining about the show because my expetations haven’t been fullfilled, I’m worried because I saw a man suffer.

Not to be overdramatic here, but what I saw last night reminded me of the final show of Amy Winehouse. I am very worried about Axl.

To me it looked like Axl was totally exchausted and on quite heavy drugs, come to think of it he probably has been like this since 2009, hence the weight gain, the stary look, the mental absence, forgetting the lyrics to „November Rain“ wich to Axl must be like forgetting the name of your own child.

Don’t you see how bad this man is suffering?

It’s not lack of confidence, pressure to be perfect, the age or not giving a shit. He is sick in like not being healthy. I don’t know what it is, physical or mental, but something is eating him.

I don’t think he was using playback in 2010 but I saw him in person on that tour and no professional singer could go from this amazing to this horrible by just not practising anymore in only a couple of months. I know people have been saying „it’s the end“ after the VMA or Dublin too but never has Axl looked this....gone. He should stop drinking today and immediately get a doctor who doesn’t want his money but a healthy patient.

In criticising the Rio show, are you a true fan or just an unhappy customer? Axl did a lot for us with his music, I say let’s support him now through whatever shit he is going through right now. So he is sick? We all get sick, no big deal. I'm a fan anyway. No need for him to suffer this badly in putting up this "show".

You hear me Beta, Fernando, Jarmo, Del, Dizzy, Tommy, DJ, Richard, Frank, Ron and Chris....everyone? Axl was literally sceaming HELP ME for 2 and a half hours last night. But all you heard was Jungle/Easy/Brownstone and all you saw was dollars and a safe paycheck and reputation. I beg all of you, everyone in his entourage, the band, literally everyone to urge this man to accept help. Hide the bottles, flush the pills, go on strike in refusing to perform or not attending shows anymore, whatever. But please don’t turn your back on him when he needs you the most.

I hope this won't get moved or deleted. I'm not trying to cupcake, hurt anyone's feelings or be disrespectful here, just trying to give some food for thought.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally confused about Axl's behaviour at the Rio gig.

Obviously he didn't rehearse and get in shape. No need to go through that again.

Do you think he was wasted drunk or on what sort of dugs?

He seemed to be in great humour and joking one minute and out of it the next. I'm sure I heard him say at one stage, "I think this is going quite well" or something like that. He had already messed up songs by then.

I've never seen him mess up lyrics like that and seem strangely disorientated at the same time. Bizarre - even for GNR! Reminds me of those strange Amy Winehouse performances where she couldn't sing or remember the words.

I'm really disappointed with his performance anyway. The band rocked as usual and Estranged was the highlight. Probably the only one for me. I couldn't relax watching it at all. I was so nervous about the next fuck up.

Was really hoping for some new tunes too.

Still, release something soon and improved performances on the USA tour and all will be forgotten (mostly)

You hear me Beta, Fernando, Jarmo, Del, Dizzy, Tommy, DJ, Richard, Frank, Ron and Chris....everyone? Axl was literally sceaming HELP ME for 2 and a half hours last night. But all you heard was Jungle/Easy/Brownstone and all you saw was dollars and a safe paycheck and reputation. I beg all of you, everyone in his entourage, the band, literally everyone to urge this man to accept help. Hide the bottles, flush the pills, go on strike in refusing to perform or not attending shows anymore, whatever. But please don’t turn your back on him when he needs you the most.

"The show must go on" in terms of noticing something wrong during a performance. It's pretty unfair to assume that his bandmates don't care about him too. I think there might be a little more to it than Axl not rehearsing. He's never rehearsed and he's put on some awesome shows. I don't know if the truth or an excuse will come out but I think the shows will be A LOT better than this.

Hi, first post here to voice an honest concern.

I’m not complaining about the show because my expetations haven’t been fullfilled, I’m worried because I saw a man suffer.

Not to be overdramatic here, but what I saw last night reminded me of the final show of Amy Winehouse. I am very worried about Axl.

To me it looked like Axl was totally exchausted and on quite heavy drugs, come to think of it he probably has been like this since 2009, hence the weight gain, the stary look, the mental absence, forgetting the lyrics to „November Rain“ wich to Axl must be like forgetting the name of your own child.

Don’t you see how bad this man is suffering?

It’s not lack of confidence, pressure to be perfect, the age or not giving a shit. He is sick in like not being healthy. I don’t know what it is, physical or mental, but something is eating him.

I don’t think he was using playback in 2010 but I saw him in person on that tour and no professional singer could go from this amazing to this horrible by just not practising anymore in only a couple of months. I know people have been saying „it’s the end“ after the VMA or Dublin too but never has Axl looked this....gone. He should stop drinking today and immediately get a doctor who doesn’t want his money but a healthy patient.

In criticising the Rio show, are you a true fan or just an unhappy customer? Axl did a lot for us with his music, I say let’s support him now through whatever shit he is going through right now. So he is sick? We all get sick, no big deal. I'm a fan anyway. No need for him to suffer this badly in putting up this "show".

I hope this won't get moved or deleted. I'm not trying to cupcake, hurt anyone's feelings or be disrespectful here, just trying to give some food for thought.

You're just an idiot. You have no data to back up any of your assertions. Oh and I love how you created this account just to post this dipshit nonsense. Go away.

"The show must go on" in terms of noticing something wrong during a performance. It's pretty unfair to assume that his bandmates don't care about him too. I think there might be a little more to it than Axl not rehearsing. He's never rehearsed and he's put on some awesome shows. I don't know if the truth or an excuse will come out but I think the shows will be A LOT better than this.

If my lead singer would come on stage THIS wasted I would not play one more note.

Professionalism my ass, these people have known each other for over a decade, they should look after each other a bit better, especially in this shitty business.

You're just an idiot. You have no data to back up any of your assertions. Oh and I love how you created this account just to post this dipshit nonsense. Go away.

I won't bite but let me just say the "data" is all over YouTube.

If you don't see it, you are the idiot.

I'm just guessing, but I thought too that it's highly possible his added weight is pills/booze related. We know he was drinking heavily two years ago when that story came out about him in the NY Post. He doesn't just look overweight, most of it is in his face and stomach, which is why I think it's related to some substance.

If my lead singer would come on stage THIS wasted I would not play one more note.

Professionalism my ass, these people have known each other for over a decade, they should look after each other a bit better, especially in this shitty business.

Is your band under contract to play a huge festival in a foreign country with a worldwide webcast as the headliner? Would you seriously walk off stage because your singer was out of sorts and face violation of contract etc?

I actually kind of agreeing, he said at one point in a teary voice 'damn i didn't even want to be here' almost crying for some sort of help. Maybe he just going through a rough time, don't we all some stage ! I thought Estranged, Knockin and Street of dreams were quite good, the rest was waful and i love Axl

I won't bite but let me just say the "data" is all over YouTube.

If you don't see it, you are the idiot.

He was rusty, and didn't practice, and it was raining. You're the fuckin idiot. I can't wait to shove the data of the good shows down your throat during the tour. We'll see, won't we? Fucker.

I actually kind of agreeing, he said at one point in a teary voice 'damn i didn't even want to be here' almost crying for some sort of help.

Umm did I miss something? Was that when messed up the Patience lyrics and mumbled something to the mike? Have to see that again.

Maybe he was just drunk. First gig, biggest gig in the world. I would be.

I didn't hear him say that either.

Would you seriously walk off stage because your singer was out of sorts and face violation of contract etc?

Money is one thing, soul is another. The band of Amy Winehouse proabably didn't want to violate any contracts either but what did that gain them at the end of the day? What I'm saying is it could be two minutes to midnight already and no one noticing because we are all so full of ourselves. I have a very bad feeling. The old band was known to kick each others ass on eye level, the current band is a business where you probably don't want to violate your bosses or co-workers privacy wich in this case could have dramatic consequences.

I actually kind of agreeing, he said at one point in a teary voice 'damn i didn't even want to be here' almost crying for some sort of help. Maybe he just going through a rough time, don't we all some stage ! I thought Estranged, Knockin and Street of dreams were quite good, the rest was waful and i love Axl

When did he say that? I don't think he ever said that

I kinda thought that when I watched too, the whole thing with his voice being out of shape was purely cos he hasn't sung in nearly a year, it happens at the start of every tour, and it's the way he is. I don't like it, and I don't like it happening in front of their biggest audience in years, but it's just axl being axl.

But the other thing.... during Patience and NR he looked incredibly down, depressed, and it happened so suddenly, he'd go from pretty good, singing well and looking okay in Patience, to all of a sudden his body slumping, giving up singing and just.. gone. Axl has had his tantrums in the past, left shows, and got pissed off, but that's not what happened here; he played on, played for two and a half hours, and finished the set, albeit looking more and more down. Something really weird was happening. I don't believe Axl would ever forget the lyrics to Novemeber Rain, and he wasn't even looking and the tele-prompter lyrics during Patience. I thought that he was ill or something as well. :(