[SPOILER ALERT] Iron Maiden - Maiden England 2012 Tour

Powerage5

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the hell of it, I checked to see if tickets were still available for Camden as I was still interested in going, even though I couldn't buy tickets right now anyway, but to my surprise, the Pit is sold out! :(

Newark PIT is still available, but that's a little out of my driving range for most bands, but it's still up in the air.

Just for the hell of it, I checked to see if tickets were still available for Camden as I was still interested in going, even though I couldn't buy tickets right now anyway, but to my surprise, the Pit is sold out! :(

Newark PIT is still available, but that's a little out of my driving range for most bands, but it's still up in the air.

It'd be worth it the drive for Maiden, especially on this tour. Plus, Newark is likely to have an event shirt, so there's a little added bonus ;)

What's up with Newark for a special event shirt?

Maiden do event shirts with special artwork for shows in certain cities/regions. Seeing as there isn't actually a NYC show, Newark will likely get the NY area shirt. Toronto and/or Canada will definitely get an event shirt ;)

Some past event shirt examples:

Japan 2011 (The Japanese shows were canceled due to the earthquake, and these were later sold for charity)

Iron-Maiden_Shirt.jpg

Transylvania 2010

P1010012.jpg

Toronto 2008 (This one is extremely rare - the Team Canada logo was mistakenly included and caused a copyright infringement...we've still got both of ours! :D )

P8200477.jpg

Chicago 2008

P8200527.jpg

New York 2010

P8150389.jpg

My personal collection of event shirts

(Scandinavia '06, London '06, Toronto '08, USA '08, Canada '10

USA '10, New York '10, Scandinavia '10, Australia '11

Japan '11, Florida '11 - FC trip version, Germany '11

Scandinavia '11, United Kingdom '11)

I've got a few more not pictured - Donington '88 and Dubai '07

IMG_1016.jpg

Event shirts are incredibly valuable and highly sought-after. I've seen vintage event shirts go for as much as $1,500 on eBay, and of recent event shirts I've seen the Transylvania 2010 shirt go for as much as $500. The shirts are also extremely limited; a single-show event shirt will have about 600 available, and a regional shirt will have a couple thousand, depending on how many shows they're to be sold at. FC members often trade with one another to get event shirts for gigs they can't go to ("If you get me a shirt from X, I'll get you a shirt from Y"). Maiden also sell what they call "after the event" shirts on their online store, these feature the unique artwork but without the show info on the back (They still have the back image/general info, for example the NYC 2010 after the event shirt said "New York 2010...The Final Frontier", but not "July 13th, Madison Square Garden"). They do these for people unavailable to get an actual event shirt, but want one with the artwork.

Edited by Powerage5

Interesting. What might the Newark one represent?

I'll definitely consider it. :)

Hard to say really...I'm not even 100% sure there will be a Newark shirt, but since there's always a NY area shirt, I'd think there will be a Long Island/Newark shirt. The artwork is always completely new or based on a classic event shirt (i.e. Chicago '08 is based on Chicago '87)...maybe base it on the NY '88 shirt?

NY '88 front:

P3310404.jpg

NY '88 back:

P3310406.jpg

Wow...thanks for the info!

That Transylvania one is amazing!

I've got an '05 shirt that says "I Got 'Ed In Canada" on the back...don't know if it's special event or not.

I know, I'll never forgive myself for not having someone pick me up that Transylvania shirt, I honestly didn't think there'd be an event shirt for it. It's the only event shirt I've seen FC members sell to other FC members for an insane price, it's that sought-after! <_<

Regarding the I Got 'Ed in Canada shirt...that would actually be the '03 event shirt. The '03/'04 event shirts aren't as valuable unfortunately due to the generic artwork on the front, the only Give Me 'Ed/Dance Of Death event shirt that had unique artwork would be the Japanese shirt:

P8210434.jpg

The band used generic artwork on event shirts for quite a while; from roughly '88 to '05. There were occasional shirts with unique artwork during this period, but almost all of the event shirts were printed with generic artwork on the front and unique backs. The AMOLAD tour in '06 was the first tour since the Somewhere In Time tour in '87 to feature event shirts all with unique artwork.

If everyone finds these event shirts that interesting, I'd be glad to take the time and post most/all of them here...there's some really cool ones out there ;)

I've always thought their artwork was awesome, but I had no idea any band did anything like this. Those shirts are so fucking cool. This makes me feel like trying to get one for the Chicago show if they make them and I can get one.

Chicago is very likely to get one, they almost always do. My bets for 2012 event shirts:

USA (They almost always do a specialized USA shirt, which they consider an event shirt)

Charlotte (Maybe)

Wantagh/Newark

Chicago

Toronto OR Canada

California

Texas

Regarding the I Got 'Ed in Canada shirt...that would actually be the '03 event shirt.

Mine's from the '05 tour.

(but I don't know if it's special event or just a regular tour shirt)

Interesting...could you post a picture of it? I've honestly never heard of this one. The "I Got 'Ed" phrase was used on the Give Me 'Ed 'Til I'm Dead tour in '03, I'm really interested to see this one now.

I made out very well on my tax refund this year so I think the Toronto show is a must now. I'll wait until closer to the date though to buy some tickets so I can hopefully find something for face value or near it. Plus I'll be back at work by that point. I'd even settle for lawn seats just to be there and round up a few friends to go.