Buckethead on His Time in Guns 'N' Roses: "No Answer."

Guest NGOG

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's the way it should be!!! a discreet man .. a gentleman who doesn't need to promote himself with his past in the band :thumbsup:

I love that a former band member doesn't talk about intimate! Bucky you're great! ... (some mercenaries should learn manners :rofl-lol: )

Do you actually know what the word mercanaries means?

And you seriously think that former band members shouldn't talk about bands that they used to be in? Where is the logic in that? I love that you are a fanatic worshipper of Axl Rose and his band, but your lack of logic sometimes is disturbing.

Oh, this should really set you and some others off. Speaking of ex-band members talking about a band they are no longer in. Izzy should SHUT HIS F*CKING MOUTH, as he hasn't been a member of GNR for what, 20 years? I love how instead of saying "no comment" to the GnR questions, he gives answers to them. Clearly just using the GnR name to try and sell his solo records. What a media whore sellout. He should just shut the f*ck up and ONLY talk about his current band. Right?

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2008/11/exclusive-interview-with-izzy-stradlin.html

buckethead was more than just a dude who did a few gnr concerts. buckethead was the second lead guitarist on the chinese democracy album. behind robin finck. robin is the lead guitarist on the chinese democracy album. buckethead produce some of the greatest solos in gnr and rock history on shackler's, twat, sorry, if the world, and prostitute. buckethead with robin have recorded a bunch new songs we've yet 2 hear on future new guns n roses albums 2

Oh fuck off.

I love Bucket's work on Chi Dem. What I never got was some people's obsession with his image. A good player is a good player,period. If you don't like Bucket because of his gimmick, you are not a fan of music. I also don't get people who have the need to bash Slash in this thread. Do you think you will get "party passes" by making fun of him? If Slash is asked a question about GnR, for the most part he answers it. Seems pretty simple to me.I also noticed the vast majority of people who bash Slash never saw him play with GnR. Maybe if they had,they'd feel differently about him.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

that's the way it should be!!! a discreet man .. a gentleman who doesn't need to promote himself with his past in the band :thumbsup:

I love that a former band member doesn't talk about intimate! Bucky you're great! ... (some mercenaries should learn manners :rofl-lol: )

Take note Slash!

Fixed...you're welcome! :)

God he was/is annoying.

This,

I will never understand the fascination with Buckethead.

Weird guy, but arguably one of the greatest guitar players in the world. Though Slash is solid at blues, IMO Buckets a better guitar player. The guys a freak in life, and especially on guitar. His solos were phenominal, maybe too good for GNR. But IMO his playing made me forget about Slushy real quick..

Guest Broskirose

Take note DJ Ashba!

I'm sorry for you, DJ ASHBA is a current member :rolleyes: he must talk about GNR

I think all the former members should imitate Bucky ... :heart: I know it's hard, cause some ex members haven't talent as Bucky.... so they can only talk about GNR to be in the news :shrugs:

Bucky I love youuuuuuu :kiss:

Die

The best work he ever did was in Gn'R and that's not saying much.

His best work can be found of his solo stuff. Epic at times.

Maybe it will aggravate Axl that Axl spoke both good and bad words about Buckethead, all the while Buckethead stays silent on Axl Rose :D

In that case he joins a long long list of people who aggravate Axl.

I general hate when people try & be the board police...but what the hell- shouldn't this be in the "Fomer member section"?

GUNS N' ROSES - GENERAL

Section focusing on the current generation of Guns N' Roses, from 2001-onwards

My bad. Sorry.

Finck had 1 writing credit on all of CD

Is this really true?? I guess that would be a pretty good reason to leave just as the album was being released

Completely true.

Edit: It's also the only writing credit he has ever had, anywhere.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

all in all the dudes a great player. but i never thought the begnining of this >

suited GNR. i like how when the techno music starts and axl announces bucket it quiet as hell.

i'm not a big fan of all of his shtick either - but think of it this way, what does the general public think of when they think of NuGNR? Buckethead. Sure, that was partly because of the VMAs, but that was also partly because Bucket was very unique and NOTHING like the old band. At the time, I don't think people were ready for it - but in retrospect the '02 lineup had their own unique image and sound and really did seem to be striving to be their own band. Even when Bucket played Slash's solos, he made them his own. Compare that to now, when basically they just play them note-for-note. I dunno, Bucket at least had a distinct image and for better or worse people still remember him as being one of the faces of the new band.

Agreed. The public were definitely not ready for it! In retrospect you can see that someone should of taken responsibility to 'introduce' newGNR properly. There was such a contrast from the old to the new and the new had this abstract quality to it that was never going to go down well. It was destined to crash and burn even before it got started IMO. That was quite amateur on the part of the bands management and the record label. The only people that responded well are all here and have a much more open minded attitude to music. Lessons should be learnt from that.

Do you actually know what the word mercanaries means?

Oh, this should really set you and some others off. Speaking of ex-band members talking about a band they are no longer in. Izzy should SHUT HIS F*CKING MOUTH, as he hasn't been a member of GNR for what, 20 years? I love how instead of saying "no comment" to the GnR questions, he gives answers to them. Clearly just using the GnR name to try and sell his solo records. What a media whore sellout. He should just shut the f*ck up and ONLY talk about his current band. Right?

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2008/11/exclusive-interview-with-izzy-stradlin.html

Oh, the irony! Izzy didn't say shit while he was IN the band! :lol:

Edited by Redhead74